Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times

Advertisements

As everyone dies because of Adam, so also everyone will be made alive because of Christ.

The good news is GOOD news.

There are a variety of reasons why some do not YET see this good news. And I think a lot of us here know a few of those reasons. Because we didn't always see the good news clearly ourselves.

It wasn't until He went in and did a few things to my heart that the blinders slowly fell off. Here is what HE did for me:

The master heart surgeon first cut out some non-love towards mankind (anger, lack of patience, lack of forgiveness etc.) in my heart that was preventing me from seeing OTHERS clearly.

THEN He started to cut out a lot of non-love towards GOD (FEAR) in my heart that was preventing me from seeing HIM clearly.
(Remember there is NO FEAR in love.)

These two things were absolutely CRUCIAL. And they tie into the TWO GREAT COMMANDS.
Ohhhhh.... this is SO VITAL. The two commands are EVERYTHING.

I would love to go in more detail above at a later date.

And that is when my journey really began...
Before all of that, I was utterly and completely blinded as to WHO He really was. Thank GOD for that heart surgery. I would still be in darkness without it. And I would never have understood what "LOVE conquers all" truly means.

peace,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 12:27 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
It was Paul who compared the actions for Christ to the actions of Adam and the effects of those actions on humanity at large ... I am certain that is what makes the OP think this way ...

It is clear to me that the fact that Jesus was called "Adam" makes Him of the same "office" as the first Adam. No one else in scripture is compared to Adam.

And while Christendom fixates on how "guilty" we are because of the first Adam, they absolutely cannot grasp the notion of how "justified" we ALL are because of Christ.

Of course, I'm not the first to write about this. Eusebius started a thread on it last year.

But I guess not many can "hear" it..

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 PM

271 posts, read 355,757 times
Both were great men, Adam once commited a sin - how many did we

Old 01-24-2011, 12:54 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

It is clear to me that the fact that Jesus was called "Adam" makes Him of the same "office" as the first Adam. No one else in scripture is compared to Adam.

And while Christendom fixates on how "guilty" we are because of the first Adam, they absolutely cannot grasp the notion of how "justified" we ALL are because of Christ.

Of course, I'm not the first to write about this. Eusebius started a thread on it last year.

Blessings,
brian
\
Adam was a covenant man, formed by God almighty, not unlike Jesus.

Adam was NOT the first human being.

Sorry, your theology is flawed.

Even science refutes this fact.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:06 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
As everyone dies because of Adam, so also everyone will be made alive because of Christ.

The good news is GOOD news.

There are a variety of reasons why some do not YET see this good news. And I think a lot of us here know a few of those reasons. Because we didn't always see the good news clearly ourselves.

It wasn't until He went in and did a few things to my heart that the blinders slowly fell off. Here is what HE did for me:

The master heart surgeon first cut out some non-love towards mankind (anger, lack of patience, lack of forgiveness etc.) in my heart that was preventing me from seeing OTHERS clearly.

THEN He started to cut out a lot of non-love towards GOD (FEAR) in my heart that was preventing me from seeing HIM clearly.
(Remember there is NO FEAR in love.)

These two things were absolutely CRUCIAL. And they tie into the TWO GREAT COMMANDS.
Ohhhhh.... this is SO VITAL. The two commands are EVERYTHING.

I would love to go in more detail above at a later date.

And that is when my journey really began...
Before all of that, I was utterly and completely blinded as to WHO He really was. Thank GOD for that heart surgery. I would still be in darkness without it. And I would never have understood what "LOVE conquers all" truly means.

peace,
sparrow

Old 01-24-2011, 01:20 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Adam already won his allotted inheritance.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:53 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Blessings,
brian
The fact is many Christians have not been given ears to hear what the spirit is saying.

They are usually born into Christian families and simply believe the way they do because they were raised being programed to believe it, and they don't really understand what the true gospel is nor can they understand it, so that is why so many reject the truth of the love of God for all people and his plan and purpose to restore all things to himself in the fullness of times.

And then there are many more Christians who only purport to believe what they have been trained to believe because it benefits them somehow to belong to the community of supposed believers either for business or for social reasons etc. , because they think that it will earn them a place of superiority over their fellow men, and like the ego petting which comes with belonging to an elite social club.

Still others only claim to believe because they are either fearful and are easily made subject to the traditions of men because of their dread of punishment.

None of the above types of professed Christian understand the true gospel nor are they able to in their present carnal state ...

Old 01-24-2011, 07:21 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The fact is many Christians have not been given ears to hear what the spirit is saying.

They are usually born into Christian families and simply believe the way they do because they were raised being programed to believe it, and they don't really understand what the true gospel is nor can they understand it, so that is why so many reject the truth of the love of God for all people and his plan and purpose to restore all things to himself in the fullness of times.

And then there are many more Christians who only purport to believe what they have been trained to believe because it benefits them somehow to belong to the community of supposed believers either for business or for social reasons etc. , because they think that it will earn them a place of superiority over their fellow men, and like the ego petting which comes with belonging to an elite social club.

Still others only claim to believe because they are either fearful and are easily made subject to the traditions of men because of their dread of punishment.

None of the above types of professed Christian understand the true gospel nor are they able to in their present carnal state ...
You guys display the Pharisee mentality where you think you posess a higher knowledge of spiritual issues while everyone else are just 'programmed' to believe something or 'made subject to the traditions of men' etc. Sigh....

Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You guys display the Pharisee mentality where you think you posess a higher knowledge of spiritual issues while everyone else are just 'programmed' to believe something or 'made subject to the traditions of men' etc. Sigh....
Here we go again ...

Are you saying that everyone has an equal understanding of spiritual things? Are you saying that you believe that my understanding of spiritual things is equal if not greater than yours?

That is to say, are you saying that you do not believe your understanding of spiritual things is greater than mine, or that all Christians have the same spiritual understanding across the board?

Of course i question the spiritual understanding of anyone who believes that torture is righteous and holy and good, not to mention everlasting torture.

Are you saying Paul was like a pharisee because he wrote that the Corinthians were spiritually immature and carnally minded?

Please don't start with the whole persecution complex thing again, i refuse to be bated by your claims of being judged and persecuted.

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-24-2011 at 07:44 PM..

Old 01-24-2011, 10:03 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
You know what I find really strange about the question posed by the OP? It's the idea than somehow Adam is (or was) an enemy to Jesus Christ. It's the implication that Adam is somehow aligned with Satan in trying to overthrow the kingdom of God or something. Do all Christians except LDS Christians have this negative perception of him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity