U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2011, 05:39 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,610 posts, read 31,995,277 times
Reputation: 9427

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Oprah is on record as saying that Jesus Christ is not the only way to God....that's why I say she can't be called a Christian.
Only a false prophet would teach such thing. The Bible is very clear about people like her who teach that Christ is not the only way. Sadly she has a large following, and many will believe her false message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2011, 09:23 PM
 
37,621 posts, read 25,318,615 times
Reputation: 5862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Oprah is on record as saying that Jesus Christ is not the only way to God....that's why I say she can't be called a Christian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
That is the line in the sand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Or she may have rocognized that the reality of God in a person is the real Christ - not the religious figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
That line is a perceived line and exists only in the mind.

Jesus' complaint was with the doctrinally correct whose heart were calloused towards others.

Being doctrinally correct is not a fruit of the Spirit, neither are beliefs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Only a false prophet would teach such thing. The Bible is very clear about people like her who teach that Christ is not the only way. Sadly she has a large following, and many will believe her false message.
Sorry Finn and Ilene . . . but firstborn sees the psychological trap in the doctinal view of "The Way". Doctrinally . . . Christians typically teach "The Way" as a set of beliefs that must be intellectually accepted and professed. This is the superficial "Believe in" paradigm. It has nothing to do with what Jesus taught and what He means by "Follow Me." He didn't have a set of beliefs that His followers had to proclaim to intellectually "believe in". These were not intellectual times. They had to adopt His attitudes and behaviors toward God, others and each other "believing on/into" Him in their inner souls. They have to think like Jesus, feel like Jesus, behave like Jesus . . . so their souls would resonate as closely to His as possible (called a harmonic resonance). Jesus' perfect resonance (IDENTITY) with God the Father is our path (connection) to the Father. If we achieve harmonic resonance with His Holy Spirit (however imperfectly) we are with the Father.That is how you become a Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
15,246 posts, read 8,270,255 times
Reputation: 1548
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry Finn and Ilene . . . but firstborn sees the psychological trap in the doctinal view of "The Way". Doctrinally . . . Christians typically teach "The Way" as a set of beliefs that must be intellectually accepted and professed. This is the superficial "Believe in" paradigm. It has nothing to do with what Jesus taught and what He means by "Follow Me." He didn't have a set of beliefs that His followers had to proclaim to intellectually "believe in". These were not intellectual times. They had to adopt His attitudes and behaviors toward God, others and each other "believing on/into" Him in their inner souls. They have to think like Jesus, feel like Jesus, behave like Jesus . . . so their souls would resonate as closely to His as possible (called a harmonic resonance). Jesus' perfect resonance (IDENTITY) with God the Father is our path (connection) to the Father. If we achieve harmonic resonance with His Holy Spirit (however imperfectly) we are with the Father.That is how you become a Christian.
That's a fancy way of saying, "I will show you my faith by my deeds." James 2:18
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 PM
 
37,621 posts, read 25,318,615 times
Reputation: 5862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That's a fancy way of saying, "I will show you my faith by my deeds." James 2:18
I am saddened that you see so little in it. I intended to communicate so much more. Faith and "believe on/into" is a life altering deeply inner change within the soul of each of us that either is there or is not. It cannot be intellectually claimed or proclaimed or professed AS IF it were that simple. We can NOT CHOOSE to have faith or "believe in/into" God or Christ . . . we have to experience it deeply within our very souls without deception (self or others) or purpose of evasion (or social motives of any kind).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
15,246 posts, read 8,270,255 times
Reputation: 1548
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am saddened that you see so little in it. I intended to communicate so much more. Faith and "believe on/into" is a life altering deeply inner change within the soul of each of us that either is there or is not. It cannot be intellectually claimed or proclaimed or professed AS IF it were that simple. We can NOT CHOOSE to have faith or "believe in/into" God or Christ . . . we have to experience it deeply within our very souls without deception (self or others) or purpose of evasion (or social motives of any kind).
Same thing. James 2:18 shows us a picture of true, life-changing faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 10:34 PM
 
4 posts, read 3,945 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am saddened that you see so little in it. I intended to communicate so much more. Faith and "believe on/into" is a life altering deeply inner change within the soul of each of us that either is there or is not. It cannot be intellectually claimed or proclaimed or professed AS IF it were that simple. We can NOT CHOOSE to have faith or "believe in/into" God or Christ . . . we have to experience it deeply within our very souls without deception (self or others) or purpose of evasion (or social motives of any kind).
Hi ! I'm really enjoying the conversations and was wondering if you can help me understand what reconciliation is ? Is it a spirit like your sayin ,or I thought I was doin good with my amends,its been a big thing here and was feelin good about makin up my mind to go the straught and narrow.What are you sayin about me not choosin is that fair Idont know about that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2011, 10:49 PM
 
37,621 posts, read 25,318,615 times
Reputation: 5862
Quote:
Originally Posted by barb w View Post
Hi ! I'm really enjoying the conversations and was wondering if you can help me understand what reconciliation is ? Is it a spirit like your sayin ,or I thought I was doin good with my amends,its been a big thing here and was feelin good about makin up my mind to go the straught and narrow.What are you sayin about me not choosin is that fair Idont know about that
If you are having to choose to believe . . . you do not believe yet. It will come if you follow Jesus (not the churches and their "precepts and doctrines of men."). His example was unambiguous and His Sermon on the Mount and other teachings were very clear. You need to be like the disciples. They had to adopt His attitudes and behaviors toward God, others and each other "believing on/into" Him in their inner souls. They had to think like Jesus, feel like Jesus, behave like Jesus . . . so their souls would resonate as closely to His as possible (called a harmonic resonance). If you do those things the Holy Spirit will see to it that you "believe on/into" and learn to "love God and each other" more and more each day. Don't expect overnight success. Even the mighty oak was a sprout, a sapling, a young tree, and an adult tree before it became a mighty oak. We are maturing . . . not magically transforming. I am pleased you are feeling good about your amends . . . it is a good sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 08:26 AM
 
912 posts, read 698,472 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry Finn and Ilene . . . but firstborn sees the psychological trap in the doctinal view of "The Way". Doctrinally . . . Christians typically teach "The Way" as a set of beliefs that must be intellectually accepted and professed. This is the superficial "Believe in" paradigm. It has nothing to do with what Jesus taught and what He means by "Follow Me." He didn't have a set of beliefs that His followers had to proclaim to intellectually "believe in". These were not intellectual times. They had to adopt His attitudes and behaviors toward God, others and each other "believing on/into" Him in their inner souls. They have to think like Jesus, feel like Jesus, behave like Jesus . . . so their souls would resonate as closely to His as possible (called a harmonic resonance). Jesus' perfect resonance (IDENTITY) with God the Father is our path (connection) to the Father. If we achieve harmonic resonance with His Holy Spirit (however imperfectly) we are with the Father.That is how you become a Christian.
Good-day.

Having "formal" training in Theology, I must in good conscious refer yourself and others to a large and substantial work composed by one of the few Female Doctors of the RC Church called...

"The Way" to perfection

The extensive work written by St Teresa is well considered to be a work of
sublime beauty bearing in chief theme , Prayer and love of thy neighbor.

"The Way" term has its roots in this work.

The quality of prayer and love of God is a breath taking and gasping recognition in guidance achieving union with God.

I was looking for an excerpt, and will say that the life of this Holy Woman, must not be
paid sacrilege in such a manner. Please attend to this error.



It is a blind attack without knowledge. It is also misleading.

In after thought...another Doctor of the RC church wrote a book called...

The Way... of the Cross. The crucification , the suffering, the unspeakable innocence brutally murdered. Our contemplation, of the Son of God. Our hope, and our source of love which can enable ...love of our neighbor.

there is no free ticket, a choice must be made to "follow the way" enabling the gift of the Holy Spirit. Our Lord was not forced to carry the Holy Cross. We also must choose to carry our cross along side the "Love of the World" ...when we let go of our cross, we are best to pick it up as quickly as possible....it is much ..lighter than the other alternative. The cross is what is best for man. What is best for man is....Gods Will.

I will leave you with this thought. It is not only mine. It has been learned through a collection of hundreds of lives which lived the way...in virtue including charity, humility, chastity and joined in many instances their beloved Christ in martyrdom..... in a divine love, for God.

Thank you for your busy time to be sure.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 01-28-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
15,246 posts, read 8,270,255 times
Reputation: 1548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Good-day.

Having "formal" training in Theology, I must in good conscious refer yourself and others to a large and substantial work composed by one of the few Female Doctors of the RC Church called...

"The Way" to perfection

The extensive work written by St Teresa is well considered to be a work of
sublime beauty bearing in chief theme , Prayer and love of thy neighbor.

"The Way" term has its roots in this work.

The quality of prayer and love of God is a breath taking and gasping recognition in guidance achieving union with God.

I was looking for an excerpt, and will say that the life of this Holy Woman, must not be
paid sacrilege in such a manner. Please attend to this error.



It is a blind attack without knowledge. It is also misleading.

In after thought...another Doctor of the RC church wrote a book called...

The Way... of the Cross. The crucification , the suffering, the unspeakable innocence brutally murdered. Our contemplation, of the Son of God. Our hope, and our source of love which can enable ...love of our neighbor.

there is no free ticket, a choice must be made to "follow the way" enabling the gift of the Holy Spirit. Our Lord was not forced to carry the Holy Cross. We also must choose to carry our cross along side the "Love of the World" ...when we let go of our cross, we are best to pick it up as quickly as possible....it is much ..lighter than the other alternative. The cross is what is best for man. What is best for man is....Gods Will.

I will leave you with this thought. It is not only mine. It has been learned through a collection of hundreds of lives which lived the way...in virtue including charity, humility, chastity and joined in many instances their beloved Christ in martyrdom..... in a divine love, for God.

Thank you for your busy time to be sure.
Blue Hue, you speak the Truth! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top