U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:35 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,596,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Fair enough. I thought you didn't want to, but bless you for showing me this kindness.
Bless you too. We are so blessed to be aware that we are called by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,306,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
And what do you think his inheritance is?

Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

No salvation post biological death.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,587,558 times
Quote:

I began to realize that immortality is ONLY God's to give, and He alone gives it.
You are so close here, but the next step is to realize that immortality is ONLY God's to have.

When you understand that the mortal part goes back to dust and the immortal part goes back to God from whence it came.

Spiritual death = not understanding this concept fully.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:31 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,386,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
You are so close here, but the next step is to realize that immortality is ONLY God's to have.
No, it is His to give.

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Do YOU believe this??

Quote:
When you understand that the mortal part goes back to dust and the immortal part goes back to God from whence it came.
Can you prove this?

Quote:
So saith you. I understand it completely. Perhaps it is you, dear brother, who do not understand even what death means.

"Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die."-God

"The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself."-God

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to DESTROY both soul and body in hell."-Jesus

The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will NOT die!"-Serpent

Really?

Same old argument, and same old lie. ONLY God alone possesses immortality.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
ONLY God alone possesses immortality.
That's what I said.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:29 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,306,448 times
Quote:
Next step? What verse are you referring to here that confirms this next step? Are you implying that God is only deserving of immortality?

Then why do we see this?

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Quote:
Eccl. 3....sons of Adam..yes..

Quote:

Twice dead.
...Jude 1

Old 01-26-2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Next step? What verse are you referring to here that confirms this next step? Are you implying that God is only deserving of immortality?

Then why do we see this?

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Eccl. 3....sons of Adam..yes..

Twice dead.
...Jude 1
Your entire frame of reference is (apparently) based upon surface readings and that's why you see separation (as most do).

When spiritual death occurred the lens became clouded by our darkened understanding. Everything in the bible is written from that perspective as well (through the cloud of separation), and the surface reading is assumed to be perfect by the equally imperfect mind which wouldn't know perfection if it slapped it in the face.

Not to take away from our baby steps, which is all a part of the plan too. I do believe in conditional immortality but it means something different to me than to most.

But the flower can't be forced to bloom so I'll just leave the idea here for watering.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:17 PM

37,744 posts, read 25,423,358 times
Quote:
Your entire frame of reference is (apparently) based upon surface readings and that's why you see separation (as most do).

When spiritual death occurred the lens became clouded by our darkened understanding. Everything in the bible is written from that perspective as well (through the cloud of separation), and the surface reading is assumed to be perfect by the equally imperfect mind which wouldn't know perfection if it slapped it in the face.

Not to take away from our baby steps, which is all a part of the plan too. I do believe in conditional immortality but it means something different to me than to most.

But the flower can't be forced to bloom so I'll just leave the idea here for watering.
I admire your tenacity in the midst of darkness, FB!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:25 AM

138 posts, read 146,527 times
Quote:
... immortality is ONLY God's to have.
To one of my favorite mortals - Happy Birthday, Byron (Jan 29)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity