Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 PM

181 posts, read 124,441 times

Advertisements

First I want you all to know that I am not talking about this site.
I am Christian, but the thing is that one Christian started a rumor, so not true, about me and now most of the other Christians are believing that other Christian (their evil romor about me) and now the other Christians are ignoring me and they know that hurts me too. It is like I am a helpless rabbit been fed to a bunch of wolves.
When one becomes Christian, I was taught that they are to act like Jesus Christ as much as possible. I know with all my heart that Jesus would never act like this.
Yes we are sinners all of us but you would think that Christians would know better than to treat others so hateful like I have been treated. Especially when they know that leaving me out hurts me (yes I have said this to them several times it was on a support group type board).
Sometime I question why am I even Christian when people are like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 08:08 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
"Christians" don't behave that way. I would question the "Christian" label of those people. You can get support here if you need it, but the "clique" thing happens around here too so I think it's going to happen no matter where you post. Don't question yourself and your Christianity, question theirs!!!

Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
"Christians" don't behave that way. I would question the "Christian" label of those people. You can get support here if you need it, but the "clique" thing happens around here too so I think it's going to happen no matter where you post. Don't question yourself and your Christianity, question theirs!!!
Thank you. (((hugs)))

Old 02-06-2011, 08:29 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Your welcome!! Hang around here more, we're all less than perfect even though some of us have a problem admitting it. There's some mighty fine Christians here at City-Data, but of course you know not everyone who calls themselves a Christian actually is one.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:55 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
I hate to be a wet blanket, but I think there is a cultural element to "clique-ness" also.
For example, I have young relatives who are "embarrassed" to talk with me because they are teenagers and feel the need to be "cool." But here in Italy, teens are not that way at all.

I remember high school, the pressure to "fit in" and all the rest. It's a terrible reality, and I feel sorry for American kids, because they have to deal with it, even if they don't want to. Some are even destroyed by it.
Fortunately, it's not that way all over the world.

I am now of the opinion that the term "Christian" doesn't mean anything. A "Christian" can be someone who believes just about anything, including war. So don't be blinded by the label!

Blessings,
brian

Old 02-07-2011, 04:07 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
I think a fair amount of people go to church for social reasons or habit. Also churches can, in a way, become like a small town and small towns can be cliquey. I think this is part of flawed human nature. Although the upside is the sense of close-community can be very supportive at times.

Not that it can't be difficult at times. My favorite priest, who is now dead, was an old somewhat slight man and not the best speaker. I went to Confirmation class, even though I'd been confirmed as a baby, and in many ways I wish I hadn't gone. The parents muttered amongst themselves about how he was a dull old fool and belittled him in other ways. My older brother was the subject of vicious rumors, and had his collar bone broken, by boys in his class many of whom were church members. But I have my flaws too and I'm not really there for them. The community element has value, but I don't know... I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:56 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Why are some Christians so "cliquy"?

Same reasons humans in general are.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I hate to be a wet blanket, but I think there is a cultural element to "clique-ness" also.
For example, I have young relatives who are "embarrassed" to talk with me because they are teenagers and feel the need to be "cool." But here in Italy, teens are not that way at all.

I remember high school, the pressure to "fit in" and all the rest. It's a terrible reality, and I feel sorry for American kids, because they have to deal with it, even if they don't want to. Some are even destroyed by it.
Fortunately, it's not that way all over the world.

I am now of the opinion that the term "Christian" doesn't mean anything. A "Christian" can be someone who believes just about anything, including war. So don't be blinded by the label!

Blessings,
brian
Thank you brother brian, you really explained it well. ((hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I think a fair amount of people go to church for social reasons or habit. Also churches can, in a way, become like a small town and small towns can be cliquey. I think this is part of flawed human nature. Although the upside is the sense of close-community can be very supportive at times.

Not that it can't be difficult at times. My favorite priest, who is now dead, was an old somewhat slight man and not the best speaker. I went to Confirmation class, even though I'd been confirmed as a baby, and in many ways I wish I hadn't gone. The parents muttered amongst themselves about how he was a dull old fool and belittled him in other ways. My older brother was the subject of vicious rumors, and had his collar bone broken, by boys in his class many of whom were church members. But I have my flaws too and I'm not really there for them. The community element has value, but I don't know... I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right.
I am so sorry this happened to you and your old priest. ((hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Same reasons humans in general are.
So sad but true
God bless you all. And thank you for all of your responces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity