U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,770,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I think you are stepping way over the line of basing what June believes in based on your assumptions about a god that she does not believe in.

That said you also need to recognize that June is sure a hell of a lot less judgmental than the majority of the so called christians that freely express their judgment about others here, primarily about other christians.
Look Asheville I know you don't like me and that's fine but how in the world did you come up with all of this from what I said? You're grasping at straws and just trying to cause trouble. Not buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,770,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Yes, I do remember you under DOTL. I have no problem with June, it's the "christians" who are planting seeds here for someone such as herself that they already chewed up and spit out for someone like her to try accept as 'food' good to eat.
What are you implying? What you said makes no sense to me.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:31 PM

10,495 posts, read 10,091,105 times
You know I've read through this entire thread so far and as someone who consider themselves a very personal friend of June's, I must say that it is my belief that June is not going to convert to any kind of religious belief and that's okay because deep in her heart she cares about people from all walks of life, doesn't care what their religious belief is or isn't, and isn't that the way it should be? June will probably remain an atheist for probably as long as I remain a Spiritualist and in my opinion that should not matter. I consider myself very fortunate to know her and although she has no religious belief I consider her a sister of the Spirit, which is something very few people have ever obtained in my culture. eyewrist, it's good to see you back, but if you can take some constructive criticism about your original post. I know that you did not mean it to be critical of June and perhaps there was a poor choice of words in what you said and it was misunderstood by some, I also know that you mean well.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 PM

1,550 posts, read 2,970,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know I've read through this entire thread so far and as someone who consider themselves a very personal friend of June's, I must say that it is my belief that June is not going to convert to any kind of religious belief and that's okay because deep in her heart she cares about people from all walks of life, doesn't care what their religious belief is or isn't, and isn't that the way it should be? June will probably remain an atheist for probably as long as I remain a Spiritualist and in my opinion that should not matter. I consider myself very fortunate to know her and although she has no religious belief I consider her a sister of the Spirit, which is something very few people have ever obtained in my culture. eyewrist, it's good to see you back, but if you can take some constructive criticism about your original post. I know that you did not mean it to be critical of June and perhaps there was a poor choice of words in what you said and it was misunderstood by some, I also know that you mean well.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 PM

58,619 posts, read 32,096,873 times
I have not seen people trying to pressure June or anyone else into converting into a Christian. I see the universalists assure her that she is saved along with everyone else, and other Christians just discuss the Bible, pray, and let June make the decision. June knows full well what the Bible says about salvation, so the rest is up to her. I don't believe the heated discussions here have kept her from making the desicion, but of course she can correct me on that.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,304,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Look Asheville I know you don't like me and that's fine but how in the world did you come up with all of this from what I said? You're grasping at straws and just trying to cause trouble. Not buying it.
Actually Ilene I do like you, I just disagree with you frequently. I have also rep'ed many of your posts. You do seem capable of thought and don't fall back on messages learned by rote through years memorizing the bible without a thought process. You don't offer silly threats about going to hades (he double toothpicks is suddenly verboten) for not believing.

And, as an atheist, I expressed my opinion, with full understanding of what an atheists view of god is and is not, and that opinion is that you crossed a line in your assumption, as you have not taken a single step in the shoes of an atheists. You assume that being nice must mean that christs love is in them, is counter to fact, as like it or not atheists are frequently more moral than believers, and it is an honest personal morality, not one learned through year or decades of having it drilled into them from the highchair on.

So you turn it into an personal attack for expressing an opinion about your opinion. Your response is not about my opinion or why you disagree which you obviously do, just accusations of being a trouble maker. Nice touch

If you don't like me because I dare to express my opinion, or because I don't believe in god and all the trappings of religion, well that's is not my problem.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:19 PM

21,435 posts, read 29,606,904 times
We cannot change June's heart, only the Holy Spirit can do that, and we are not her Holy Spirit. As Christians all we are called to due is present the Gospel to her and everyone else, the choice is theirs.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,308,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
AGAIN READ ALL POST Please before responding, thxs. My problem is NOT June but those on this forum on attack- each- other mode

This is what you asked:

But I have to ask why have we NOT been effective at changing her point of God, or should I say converted her as some of you all would say?
She meanders through, pops in and out of various Christian threads...my gosh she's even a Moderater for the R&P/Christianity for Pete's sake!!!! But why have we NOT been able to change her point of view; it has been 3 years working on 4 years people.....What's up with that???

This is why you got the response you got.....

Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,308,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
So much for loving your neighbor as yourself.
We who think of June as our neighbor do care that she is a atheist.

Think about ..... it's impossible to be a atheist in heaven

No..what's a fact is that it's quite possible to forgo the truth.
No.. what's a fact is that
Acts 28:24
Some were convinced by what he said, but others would not believe.

Luke 16:31
" ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, (the Bible) they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

June is a righteous person and I have no doubt that G-d has a place for her. What is truth is that there are many who have a belief and understand what is important. It is not about heaven or getting it right it is about G-d and how we as people act. There are many ways to G-d, not just the Christian way.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:02 PM

21,435 posts, read 29,606,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
June is a righteous person and I have no doubt that G-d has a place for her. What is truth is that there are many who have a belief and understand what is important. It is not about heaven or getting it right it is about G-d and how we as people act. There are many ways to G-d, not just the Christian way.
John 14:6 "Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or