U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 09:20 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,302,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
John 14:6 "Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".

And that is what you believe, it is not the only truth... Sorry.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,153,066 times
Quote:
John 14:6 "Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".
Maybe the rest of us go to the Mother?
Sorry, just being silly.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,758,453 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Actually Ilene I do like you, I just disagree with you frequently. I have also rep'ed many of your posts. You do seem capable of thought and don't fall back on messages learned by rote through years memorizing the bible without a thought process. You don't offer silly threats about going to hades (he double toothpicks is suddenly verboten) for not believing.
Thanks Asheville, I like you too!! Disagreeing is fine, but I thought what I said about June was very positive and in no way implied she wasn't a true atheist. June and I have had many a conversation, she's a fantastic person and that's what's important to me. That's all I was trying to convey. NO, no silly threats coming from this peanut gallery.

Quote:
And, as an atheist, I expressed my opinion, with full understanding of what an atheists view of god is and is not, and that opinion is that you crossed a line in your assumption, as you have not taken a single step in the shoes of an atheists. You assume that being nice must mean that christs love is in them, is counter to fact, as like it or not atheists are frequently more moral than believers, and it is an honest personal morality, not one learned through year or decades of having it drilled into them from the highchair on.
Now, now how do you know I haven't taken a single step in the shoes of an atheist? I most certainly have, although it didn't last long. Mostly from fear, I'll admit that because it WAS drilled into my head that I was going to burn eternally in hellfire if I didn't straighten up. I believe now because there's enough proof in my own life with events and situations to make me believe that there is a God. I don't need the threat of ET to be a believer. It's a personal thing imo, no one can "force" you to believe. I believe because it suits me, it is my own personal right and no one can take that away from me. What I said about June exhibiting the love of Christ more than some Christians is true, and I don't believe (in my mind) that love comes from any source other than God. So June in fact has "Christ-like" qualities, to me. It was a compliment, not an insult.

Quote:
So you turn it into an personal attack for expressing an opinion about your opinion. Your response is not about my opinion or why you disagree which you obviously do, just accusations of being a trouble maker. Nice touch
I didn't turn it into a personal attack, you did!! You should know me well enough by now that what I say is well intended, and it appeared to me you were just trying to stir up trouble. I calls 'em likes I sees 'em.

Quote:
If you don't like me because I dare to express my opinion, or because I don't believe in god and all the trappings of religion, well that's is not my problem.
Expressing your opinion is one thing but assuming something about what I posted is another. I already said above that I like you, that's not an issue. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't hope and pray for you and June to come to know Christ so I won't say that. Life is so much better with Him in it. But that's just me, can't force it on anyone but I sure can talk about it!! Try not to hold that against me.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 PM

21,424 posts, read 29,571,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yes I believe Jesus. And He is the only truth.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Yes I believe Jesus. And He is the only truth.

Good for you..... I also believe in G-d. And that is my truth....

Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 PM

15,239 posts, read 8,257,217 times
Quote:
Truth is by definition singular.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Truth is by definition singular.

No it isn't.... Your truth is not my truth but it is yours.... It is the truth to you...

Old 01-25-2011, 09:38 PM

37,587 posts, read 25,288,180 times
Default There is no decision or choice to make!!

IF ANYONE here who truly DOES NOT believe something can in ALL HONESTY AND SINCERITY turn around and CHOOSE to believe it . . all this conversion talk and decision talk would make sense. But I know absolutely that it is NOT psychologically possible, period! We can choose to claim and proclaim and profess to intellectually accept and believe almost anything. But we have NO CHOICE whatsoever about what we ACTUALLY believe in our inner soul . . . and THAT is the only belief that matters. As outsiders to one another we can only determine what that belief is by the "fruits" of it . . . and June's "fruit" is as Christlike as I have ever met online. All the pompous and self-righteous PROCLAIMERS of belief, judgers of who is or is not Christian, and believers in the primitive ignorant fear-ridden reason to believe in God (or else) do not exhibit even half the Christlike attitude of June.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 01-25-2011 at 10:19 PM..

Old 01-25-2011, 09:50 PM

15,239 posts, read 8,257,217 times
Quote:
No it isn't.... Your truth is not my truth but it is yours.... It is the truth to you...
TRUTH- the true or actual state of a matter.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
TRUTH- the true or actual state of a matter.

yeah says you..... But you can believe what ever you want.... It is ok...

And so can I....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or