Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 01:51 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,597,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Because not all folks want nor need to be a Christian. I come over and read the threads, not because I am interested in becoming a Christian. I am interested in what is said.

What Christians ought to realize many of us are perfectly happy and Christianity is not the only religion even is other were looking.
I do not classify myself as a "chiristian" neither basically due the behavior of those who claim to be one; there is no alternative name which I place myself with the exception of using "a child of God."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
I agree with you in part because the behavior on these forums have degraded so that if someone was considering coming to the Lord and looked at this stuff it would change their mind very quickly about knowing God and his word. What happened to the bible studies that use to be here?
Exactly. What happened to the Bible studies? Everything here revolves around the same discussion of UR vs ET and it is repeated over and over and over in a never ending cycle.

Believe it or not, but thanks to the mods there has been a recent improvement in this area. It was worse just one month ago.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Sorry but I choose not to join the Argue-Fest with you D93.
See what I'm saying... exhibit #1. This is what I'm takling about... always with the boxing gloves on.
??? I don't really understand what you are insinuating but that's okay. I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm simply saying that you missed the mark if all you were trying to do was say that you missed the discussions that you used to have here. I can understand missing the discussions that you used to have. That makes sense. Trying to be better people - that makes sense. Not converting someone and saying maybe they just want to ruffle feathers - that's not nice.

I'm not attacking you and I'm sorry that you are taking it as such. I'm trying to show you why your OP didn't say what you might have been trying to say. If you want to ignore me, that's fine. Like I said, I'm not trying to argue but I'm a very loyal person. June is one of my favorite people. Anyone who knows her well knows that she is not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. She is just being who she is - and she is a truly wonderful person.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:02 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
I agree with you in part because the behavior on these forums have degraded so that if someone was considering coming to the Lord and looked at this stuff it would change their mind very quickly about knowing God and his word. What happened to the bible studies that use to be here? June and GSWTroop used to pariticpate in them a year ago and they gave the BEST answers and come back questions. Has there been any studies on any of the books of the Bible lately? Since my return it has been attack after attack with no regard for insight to the Word. It has gotten so bad here that my statement of this OP was IMMEDIATELY attacked without a second thought. Sorry to say that this forum is dying to those who really want to know God; just MHO; I see why many have left.
Yes, there were bible studies at one point but I think your memory may be failing you because even those became contentious. It's always been contentious here, and I've been here since 2006, even before there was a Christian sub-forum. And the reason the atheists and christians got their own forums is because of all the infighting!! The problems here change over time, but let it be said that there have always been problems, and there always will be unless only clones post here.

I personally don't think it's any worse than it was when the atheists/christians were fighting or when the christian preterists/christian fundamentalists were fighting, or when the Cupps took over the forum. It comes in waves, and there has hardly ever been a time when it wasn't volatile. So either you buck up and are in it for the long haul, or run away when someone disagrees with you more than once. Which one are you gonna be? This ain't for the faint of heart.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
......... I have to ask why have we NOT been effective at changing her point of God, or should I say converted her............ Just asking
What make you think it is YOUR job to convert anyone?

FWIW, as a follower of the teachings of Jesus, I believe that what passes for Christianity in today's society is both repugnant and a travesty. I would certainly NOT join a group that shows as much arrogance and disdain for others as I have witnessed on these pages.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yes, there were bible studies at one point but I think your memory may be failing you because even those became contentious. It's always been contentious here, and I've been here since 2006, even before there was a Christian sub-forum. And the reason the atheists and christians got their own forums is because of all the infighting!! The problems here change over time, but let it be said that there have always been problems, and there always will be unless only clones post here.

I personally don't think it's any worse than it was when the atheists/christians were fighting or when the christian preterists/christian fundamentalists were fighting, or when the Cupps took over the forum. It comes in waves, and there has hardly ever been a time when it wasn't volatile. So either you buck up and are in it for the long haul, or run away when someone disagrees with you more than once. Which one are you gonna be? This ain't for the faint of heart.
Sorry but if you remember me from about a year ago, I never backed down from confrontation of legitimate reason or cause. BUT THIS MESS is beyond ridiculous. Usually if you stay in the murky waters you acclimate to it but if you remove yourself for awhile then return back, you can see CLEARLY how bad this forum has become. I have been gone for some time and believe me, it has gotten bad here. Just ask yourself why did the others leave?

Old 01-25-2011, 02:18 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Sorry but I choose not to join the Argue-Fest with you D93.
See what I'm saying... exhibit #1. This is what I'm takling about... always with the boxing gloves on.

lmao argue fest??? Are you kidding she was NOT arguing with you...

Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
lmao argue fest??? Are you kidding she was NOT arguing with you...
ok, ok Debate -A-Point Fest, Jump-to-Conclusion Fest, what ever you may want to call it

Old 01-25-2011, 02:23 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
ok, ok Debate -A-Point Fest, Jump-to-Conclusion Fest, what ever you may want to call it

You asked a why question that is bound to get a response and you ought to know that.......

Old 01-25-2011, 02:25 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Sorry but if you remember me from about a year ago, I never backed down from confrontation of legitimate reason or cause. BUT THIS MESS is beyond ridiculous. Usually if you stay in the murky waters you acclimate to it but if you remove yourself for awhile then return back, you can see CLEARLY how bad this forum has become. I have been gone for some time and believe me, it has gotten bad here. Just ask yourself why did the others leave?
The others left because that's what people do......they leave. How many friends do you still have that you had in high school? Grade school? Right. This is NOT any worse than times past, it's just that we have two very polar opposite viewpoints and you can either stand and defend your position or move along in defeat. The ETer's are the ones giving up. Guess they're scared that somebody might be right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity