U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 01:30 PM

1,550 posts, read 2,966,636 times

Advertisements

I haven't been here for some time and recently began to post a wee bit. I have participated in threads with June, the atheist and others, the dieheart Chiristians. But I have to ask why have we NOT been effective at changing her point of God, or should I say converted her as some of you all would say?
She meanders through, pops in and out of various Christian threads...my gosh she's even a Moderater for the R&P/Christianity for Pete's sake!!!! But why have we NOT been able to change her point of view; it has been 3 years working on 4 years people.....What's up with that???

Are we a poor example of Chrisitanity and she is glad to not be a part of(besides monitoring us) or she choose to remain an atheist just to ruffle some peoples' feather here. Just asking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 01:35 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,579,781 times
Your post seems so extremely inappropriate. I think it should be removed.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,166,744 times
You obviously have no understanding of how different people have different beliefs.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You obviously have no understanding of how different people have different beliefs.
The question is NOT about June.... but US. I've enjoyed her greatly but your first thought is that I am attacking her!!! To the contrary; it is to make US do some introspection of ourselves as so called Chiristians. I don't come here often many more because those who use to be here wanting to share knowledge and wisdom about the word of God are no longer here. Sharing scripture answering the spiritual question are defunked. In the past June used to be curious about God IMHO but now all I see here is quarrels amongst the brethren with so many deleted statements. That being said, has that brought about a lack of desire to come to God because of our behavior on this forum...let's look at ourselves more deeply

Last edited by eyewrist; 01-25-2011 at 02:11 PM..

Old 01-25-2011, 02:05 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,761,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
I haven't been here for some time and recently began to post a wee bit. I have participated in threads with June, the atheist and others, the dieheart Chiristians. But I have to ask why have we NOT been effective at changing her point of God, or should I say converted her as some of you all would say?
She meanders through, pops in and out of various Christian threads...my gosh she's even a Moderater for the R&P/Christianity for Pete's sake!!!! But why have we NOT been able to change her point of view; it has been 3 years working on 4 years people.....What's up with that???

Are we a poor example of Chrisitanity and she is glad to not be a part of(besides monitoring us) or she choose to remain an atheist just to ruffle some peoples' feather here. Just asking

I think June has come a long way to understanding "US"....just not Christianity. This forum is not exactly the best example of it. She's definitely not an atheist just to "ruffle feathers".....it's truly who she is. I don't think it's anyone's "fault" that June has not been converted to Christianity, God is just not provable and some people need proof. If you're a Christian you know that it requires FAITH, because we have no proof either.

If you can come up with a definite way to prove God then I say go for it, otherwise us Christians who you think are falling down on the job will continue to talk about our love for God and our fellow man like we always do, planting the seeds and letting God do the rest.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
The question is NOT about June.... but US. I've enjoyed her greatly but your first thought is that I am attacking her!!! To the contrary; it is to make US do some introspection of ourselves as so called Chiristians. I don't come here often many more because those who use to be here wanting to share knowledge and wisdom about the word of God are no longer here. Sharing scripture answering the spiritual question are defunked. In the past June used to be curious about God IMHO but now all I see here is quarrels amongst the brethren with so many deleted statements. That being said, has that brought about a lack of desire to come to God because of our behavior on this forum...let's look at ourselves more deeply
I'm not a Christian either and I post here and talk to people here quite frequently. I'm not looking to be converted and I'm also not looking to "ruffle people's feathers." I just believe different things than you do. I enjoy hearing about other's beliefs and understanding why people believe what they do. I've also learned a lot about why religion is so important to some people. This doesn't mean that I've changed any of my beliefs. I simply have different beliefs. There is nothing wrong with that.
The fact that you asked if "she choose to remain an atheist just to ruffle some peoples' feather here." - that is offensive. You may not understand why that is offensive - but to think that simply because someone has stayed true to what they believe it means that they are doing it to annoy you - that's just silly.
We are all different people. We all have different beliefs. Even among the Christians - there are soooo many different belief systems. If we were supposed to all believe the same things, we would all be clones of one person. Instead of trying to change people, why not embrace our uniqueness.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I think June has come a long way to understanding "US"....just not Christianity. This forum is not exactly the best example of it. She's definitely not an atheist just to "ruffle feathers".....it's truly who she is. I don't think it's anyone's "fault" that June has not been converted to Christianity, God is just not provable and some people need proof. If you're a Christian you know that it requires FAITH, because we have no proof either.

If you can come up with a definite way to prove God then I say go for it, otherwise us Christians who you think are falling down on the job will continue to talk about our love for God and our fellow man like we always do, planting the seeds and letting God do the rest.
I agree with you in part because the behavior on these forums have degraded so that if someone was considering coming to the Lord and looked at this stuff it would change their mind very quickly about knowing God and his word. What happened to the bible studies that use to be here? June and GSWTroop used to pariticpate in them a year ago and they gave the BEST answers and come back questions. Has there been any studies on any of the books of the Bible lately? Since my return it has been attack after attack with no regard for insight to the Word. It has gotten so bad here that my statement of this OP was IMMEDIATELY attacked without a second thought. Sorry to say that this forum is dying to those who really want to know God; just MHO; I see why many have left.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:36 PM

If your only point in the OP was to say that you missed the discussions that you used to have and that you think that people are arguing too much - perhaps that is all that you should have said. Instead, you made it about June - why hadn't she been converted yet or was she trying to ruffle people's feathers by staying an atheist. Do you see the difference?

Old 01-25-2011, 02:45 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,304,000 times
Quote:

Because not all folks want nor need to be a Christian. I come over and read the threads, not because I am interested in becoming a Christian. I am interested in what is said. I am perfectly happy being Jewish........

What Christians ought to realize many of us are perfectly happy and Christianity is not the only religion even if others were looking.

Our wonderful June ought to just be left to do what she does best and ask the wonderful questions she does in the wonderfully unique way of hers....

Old 01-25-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If your only point in the OP was to say that you missed the discussions that you used to have and that you think that people are arguing too much - perhaps that is all that you should have said. Instead, you made it about June - why hadn't she been converted yet or was she trying to ruffle people's feathers by staying an atheist. Do you see the difference?
Sorry but I choose not to join the Argue-Fest with you D93.
See what I'm saying... exhibit #1. This is what I'm takling about... always with the boxing gloves on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or