U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:34 AM

672 posts, read 538,050 times

Advertisements

Acts 20:

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God

To believe the Gospel of the Grace of God is to believe everything that Grace has to say about How God saves a sinner.

A Gospel message that does not emphasize the Grace of God in Salvation, will leave room for many to think there is something he or she must do, something they must contribute, to get themselves saved, for example, like works, faith or believing, or water baptism, for this type of Gospel cannot lead one to Trust God through Christ alone in His Elective Purposes..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 10:52 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,849,885 times
The gospel is: John 3:16
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Old 06-03-2011, 12:20 AM

672 posts, read 538,050 times
Not one doctrine of God's Grace in salvation should be neglected, for if we keep back any of it, we are not truthful stewards of the Mysteries of the Faith 1 Tim 3:9 and cannot say as Paul said here Acts 20:26-27

26Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

That is if we shrink back, we have been unfaithful stewards in God's sight and our motives obviously were not the Glory of God through Christ Jesus.

Evangelizing the Gospel of God's Grace in Salvation, this must consist of systematically setting forth those Truths that teach and give man no reason to boast about what he did or was enabled to do to get saved.

Everything Grace has to say about salvation is contained in the gospel i.e Eph 1:3-13 and not one word of it gives any reason for one to believe that man has any cause to boast of what he or she has done or what God has enabled them to do.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:32 AM

589 posts, read 1,319,552 times
The Gospel simply means the good news... and the good news is the soon coming KINGDOM OF GOD which will be established here on earth. Jesus Christ is going to return to rule as the King of kings and the High Priest here on earth for 1000 years.

Mark 1:14–15. "Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.'" This is the Gospel!

"There is clear agreement among the synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke) that the kingdom of God was the principal theme within Jesus' message…. In aggregate, they present some fifty sayings and parables of Jesus concerning the kingdom…. It is, then, a matter of consensus within the canon that the kingdom constituted a primary focus of Jesus' theology" (Oxford Companion to the Bible, 1993, p. 408).

Old 06-03-2011, 05:43 AM

488 posts, read 873,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 Corinthians 1:23
we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles
Yep, John 3:16 is the right one-sentence summary of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

also, Recommened:

The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Old 06-03-2011, 06:33 AM

770 posts, read 627,998 times
ETers- Christ came to save the lost but most will fry forever
ANers- Christ came to save the lost but most will be annihilated.
URers- Christ came to save the lost and will do just that

now which view is good news and makes sense?

hint
Spoiler
I bolded it for you

Old 06-03-2011, 07:38 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,131,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
The Gospel simply means the good news... and the good news is the soon coming KINGDOM OF GOD which will be established here on earth. Jesus Christ is going to return to rule as the King of kings and the High Priest here on earth for 1000 years.

Mark 1:14–15. "Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee,preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.'" This is the Gospel!

"There is clear agreement among the synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke) that the kingdom of God was the principal theme within Jesus' message…. In aggregate, they present some fifty sayings and parables of Jesus concerning the kingdom…. It is, then, a matter of consensus within the canon that the kingdom constituted a primary focus of Jesus' theology" (Oxford Companion to the Bible, 1993, p. 408).
Luke 17:20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

There is only one place to look for the Kingdom...and that is WITHIN YOU.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:21 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,320,571 times
Paul tells us clearly what the Gospel is, here:

1Co 15:1 MOREOVER, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

That is the Gospel.

Here are some important concepts of the Gospel:

The Gospel is Good News. Not bad news.

The Gospel is "preached" [Greek ̄εὐαγγελίζω]: An announcement or heralding of glad tidings and Good News. Not a message of bad news.

The Gospel is declared. Not offered.

The Gospel is to be received. Not purchased. It's price has been paid.

Those who believe the Gospel are saved [Greek σωζεσθε]. Greek verb in the present tense.

The Gospel is about what Jesus did for us. Not about what we did for Him.

The Gospel is about Jesus dying for our sins according to the scriptures. He died for you and me.

The Gospel is according to the scriptures. Not according to the wisdom of man.

The Gospel is about Jesus being buried and resurrected according to the scriptures. He justified you and me.

And, this Gospel is to be PROCLAIMED to ALL THE WORLD as COMMANDED by JESUS. Not only to some, or a part of the world. But rather all. Good News to ALL.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

And, this Gospel is everlasting, not to be changed:

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:49 PM

2,996 posts, read 4,773,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Everyone likes to claim it but many seem to have a different one so please feel free to share.
The Gospel of Christ is totally summed up in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 . It starts and ends in Christ coming to earth, dying for the sins of mankind so he/she can be forgiven and reconciled to God, and ressurecting from the dead to not only substantiate the work done on the cross but to prove Christs identity and so we can look forward to eternal life with him... IF we recieve Christ into our lives by simple faith alone ... since its all been acomplished by him from start to finish (Romans 10:8-14) . The Gospel of Christ is the good news of being redeemed , and having God look upon us as he does his Son . As a result of having recieved Christ and his finished work for our account, the person is now considered 'Born Again' and desires to walk in a way pleasing to God (living for God, serving others, doing good works, etc..) thru relying on Gods power in his/her life to transform them into the image of Christ which is brought to fruition when one finally enters Heaven.

There is no greater love than The Gospel of Christ and no greater joy knowing one is reconciled to God forever.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:09 PM

624 posts, read 1,049,827 times
Gospel is "good news". The Truth from God to man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or