U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,128,346 times
Reputation: 807

Advertisements

The good news or gospel was about the Kingdom of God/Heaven...what one has to do to realize it in their physical lifetime and where one looks to find it:

Luke 4:43 But He said to them, I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose.”


Luke 17:20-21 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-12-2011 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: red font is reserved for moderation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2011, 08:08 AM
 
672 posts, read 537,631 times
Reputation: 38
The Gospel of God's Grace !



The Gospel of God's Grace reveals that not one part of salvation is conditioned on the sinner, yes even believing is through Grace Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through [ DIA because of] grace:

Faith is not of our nature, nor of the so called freewill, but its a gift of God's Grace, yes His saving grace !

All of Salvation is based or conditioned upon God's Grace Eph 2:8.

Now listen, if God has done everything in saving His People by Grace, then quite appropriate it is for the Gospel of their salvation [ Eph 1:13] for it to be a full and accurate explanation of How He does it !

How could the Gospel of God's Grace neglect to set forth details of that redeeming Grace necessary to save God's People from their sins ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2011, 09:11 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,318,676 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
The Gospel of God's Grace !

The Gospel of God's Grace reveals that not one part of salvation is conditioned on the sinner, yes even believing is through Grace Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through [ DIA because of] grace:

Faith is not of our nature, nor of the so called freewill, but its a gift of God's Grace, yes His saving grace !

All of Salvation is based or conditioned upon God's Grace Eph 2:8.

Now listen, if God has done everything in saving His People by Grace, then quite appropriate it is for the Gospel of their salvation [ Eph 1:13] for it to be a full and accurate explanation of How He does it !

How could the Gospel of God's Grace neglect to set forth details of that redeeming Grace necessary to save God's People from their sins ?
Amen. Faith is through (Greek διά) grace. In this we agree .

In time, all will be given this grace.

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2011, 12:05 AM
 
672 posts, read 537,631 times
Reputation: 38
Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24



Now it appears in scripture that Grace, Salvation, and the Gospel form a common union, a whole Eph 2:8;1:13;Acts 20:24, For Grace and Salvation are spoken of in the Gospel, and Salvation and the Gospel are all about Grace, and Grace and the Gospel are about Salvation, the Former [ Grace] makes [ Salvation] happen and the Gospel Proclaims it ! So without question the Gospel is about the Grace of God in the Salvation of men, especially the Elect, the Election of Grace Rom 11:5; 2 Tim 2:10

In light of this, how could the Gospel not be a systematic setting forth of those doctrines of Grace in regards to the Salvation of God's Chosen People, which He foreknew ?

So in the Gospel of God[ Rom 1:1] and His Grace, could God leave out any one part of His Grace that it took for Him to save His People out of the Gospel He designates as the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24 ? Would God consider any portion of His Grace as not being very important or essential to His Salvation Purpose as delineated by the Gospel of His Grace ? Any Gospel which neglects any Doctrine of Grace, which reveals fully how God saves His People is a False Gospel, and those believing it are accursed of God Gal 1:8-9 !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2011, 01:57 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,938 posts, read 9,697,901 times
Reputation: 2410
The 'Gospels' are a collection of early 2nd century literature written specifically to fulfil the OT 'prophecies' of a future 'Messiah'. The literature is anonymous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2011, 08:54 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,318,676 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24

Now it appears in scripture that Grace, Salvation, and the Gospel form a common union, a whole Eph 2:8;1:13;Acts 20:24, For Grace and Salvation are spoken of in the Gospel,
The Gospel is summarized as Christ crucified and risen. That is the Gospel and it's simplicity. Though salvation and grace are certainly blessings that flow from the Gospel, they themselves are not the Gospel. The doctrines, concepts and teachings that we derive from the Gospel are also not the Gospel.

The absolute simplicity of The Gospel has been recorded for us in 1 Cor 15:3-4.

1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
1Co 15:4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

That is the Gospel.

Quote:
and Salvation and the Gospel are all about Grace, and Grace and the Gospel are about Salvation, the Former [ Grace] makes [ Salvation] happen and the Gospel Proclaims it ! So without question the Gospel is about the Grace of God in the Salvation of men, especially the Elect, the Election of Grace Rom 11:5; 2 Tim 2:10

In light of this, how could the Gospel not be a systematic setting forth of those doctrines of Grace in regards to the Salvation of God's Chosen People, which He foreknew ?
Again, the Gospel is not "a systematic setting forth of doctrines", as you suppose. And to try and define it as such defeats the very purpose and simplicity of that Gospel.

1Co 2:1 AND I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

And to define or proclaim the Gospel using other terms, as you're doing here, is said to be accursed.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Best to think twice before doing so...

Quote:
So in the Gospel of God[ Rom 1:1] and His Grace, could God leave out any one part of His Grace that it took for Him to save His People out of the Gospel He designates as the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24 ? Would God consider any portion of His Grace as not being very important or essential to His Salvation Purpose as delineated by the Gospel of His Grace ? Any Gospel which neglects any Doctrine of Grace, which reveals fully how God saves His People is a False Gospel, and those believing it are accursed of God Gal 1:8-9 !
Actually, any gospel or any person that adds any doctrine to The Gospel is accursed. It is God's Gospel, not man's. To improvise, add to, or redefine that Gospel to suite a particular doctrine or theology system, be it from SBSG or AlabamaStorm (ie: man) or even an angel from heaven, is anathema.

And it is not the person hearing or believing the corrupted gospel that is accursed, as you've indicated, but rather him, the person who is proclaiming it:

Gal 1:8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

Doctrines come and go with the teachings of men, however the Gospel of Christ is called an everlasting Gospel.

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

We should all strive to keep it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2011, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,469 posts, read 21,245,287 times
Reputation: 17692
The Gospel is plain, simple and uncomplicated because Jesus said "My yoke is easy, and my burden is light"

John3:16,17
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John12:32
But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself.

Imo, the breadth, height and depth of Gods love, grace and mercy has nothing to compare with in this life..

He has blessed us all..
__________________
Moderator of:
Non Romantic Relationships
Parenting, and sub-forums

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-12-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2011, 12:12 PM
 
672 posts, read 537,631 times
Reputation: 38
Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24 -



There is no Gospel of God's Grace if we fail or neglect to point out as the Great Apostle did, that Saving Grace was given or bestowed upon Chosen sinners in Christ before the world was made 2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

It should be made clear from scripture that God's work of Grace for His People's Salvation was finished in Eternity, and this fact of our Eternally accomplished Salvation by Grace Eternal is Stated Three Times in the New Testament one of which is 2 Tim 1:9-10.

Here the inspired writer tells us that God saved us [The Church] and called us before the world began, and that this Grace given or bestowed upon us in Christ in eternity is brought to light by the Gospel, hence there is no preaching the Gospel of God's Grace without expounding this Truth !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 07:34 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,318,676 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24 -

There is no Gospel of God's Grace if we fail or neglect to point out as the Great Apostle did, that Saving Grace was given or bestowed upon Chosen sinners in Christ before the world was made 2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

It should be made clear from scripture that God's work of Grace for His People's Salvation was finished in Eternity, and this fact of our Eternally accomplished Salvation by Grace Eternal is Stated Three Times in the New Testament one of which is 2 Tim 1:9-10.

Here the inspired writer tells us that God saved us [The Church] and called us before the world began, and that this Grace given or bestowed upon us in Christ in eternity is brought to light by the Gospel, hence there is no preaching the Gospel of God's Grace without expounding this Truth !
And here is whom the Gospel was for, given to and bestowed upon:

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

All the world and every creature is whom the Gospel was written for. The very audience to whom Paul preached the Gospel.

And here is what Paul preached to all the world and every creature:

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

The word "our" in the text explicitly defines the scope of the atonement, for whom Christ died. The Gospel proclaims that Christ died for Paul as well as Paul's audience. Paul's audience was ALL THE WORLD and EVERY CREATURE.

Christ died for all the world and every creature! All the sins of all the world and every creature were imputed to Christ, who died for them. The sins of all the world and every creature. Not one sin is imputed to the world:

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Forgiveness of sins is finished. Christ commands that we are to seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness. His righteousness is imputed to those who believe this Gospel. To those who believe on Him who is justifying (present tense) the ungodly.

Believe the Gospel my friends. It is a proclamation of truth to all the world and every creature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2011, 12:27 PM
 
672 posts, read 537,631 times
Reputation: 38
Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24



So in Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace, Paul through the Holy Spirit writes That God [Within the realm of His own Eternal Purpose] That God saved us [ His Church] and called us before the world began and that Grace [which makes it eternal] was given to us in Christ in eternity, this is brought to light by the Gospel 2 Tim 1:9-10

Also in Rom 8 we are told that we [The elect or chosen] were Loved, Justified, called and Glorified in God's Eternal Purpose of Grace Rom 8:28-30


28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.


And in Eph 1:3-6 the Spirit through Paul explains to us how we are saved by God's Sovereign Grace in Christ before the foundations of this world, and that it was all accomplished in Eternity for The Praise of the Glory of His Grace !


3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, Not according to our will !

6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

This is how Paul and every True Preacher preaches the Gospel of God's Grace !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top