U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 PM

672 posts, read 538,599 times

Advertisements

ala:

Quote:
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

The word "our" in the text explicitly defines the scope of the atonement, for whom Christ died. The Gospel proclaims that Christ died for Paul as well as Paul's audience. Paul's audience was ALL THE WORLD and EVERY CREATURE.

More error. The audience of Paul in 1 Cor 15:3 was the Church of God, the called and Chosen. We see that in 1 Cor 1:

1Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Paul had instruction by the Lord Himself to preach the word in Corinth and the reason was given why in Acts 18:

Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city [Corinth].

Thats who Paul means in His statement in 1 Cor 15:3 "our sins" The Church of God, whom He [Christ] gave Himself for Eph 5:

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Acts 20:28

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

So again, you misrepresent scripture, let me give you a fair warning Gal 1:

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 03:50 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,322,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
ala:

More error. The audience of Paul in 1 Cor 15:3 was the Church of God, the called and Chosen. We see that in 1 Cor 1:

1Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
Yes, those who believed were also included in Paul's audience.

Act 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

But not all believed:

Act 18:6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

In-fact, most of Paul's audience in Corinth did not believe the Gospel. Like you, they did not believe his words that Christ died for "our sins", that is: Paul and them, his audience. If Christ did not die for them, how then can it be said of them "your blood be upon your own heads" for not believing in something that did not include them? Your doctrines are senseless SBSG. Completely without merit.

Quote:
Paul had instruction by the Lord Himself to preach the word in Corinth and the reason was given why in Acts 18:

Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city [Corinth].
Yes, and they heard the same Gospel proclamation as those who did not believe. How would Paul know who would believe and who would not? There is only one Gospel that Paul proclaimed and Paul used the phrase "our sins" when he addressed his audience.

Paul even reminds the Church in Corinth of the very words he used when he proclaimed that Gospel to them. Notice the word "delivered". The Greek word for delivered is παρεδωκα, and this verb is being used in the Greek aorist tense. The words that Paul tells them now, present tense, are the exact same words that Paul had delivered (past tense) to them:

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

The Gospel is an everlasting Gospel. It's words never change:

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

The differences between an unbeliever and a believer are not the words of the Gospel, but rather the power of the Spirit:

1Th 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Therein lies the difference. The same words of the Gospel are proclaimed to both, those who believe and those who do not.

Quote:
Thats who Paul means in His statement in 1 Cor 15:3 "our sins" The Church of God, whom He [Christ] gave Himself for Eph 5:

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Acts 20:28

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

So again, you misrepresent scripture, let me give you a fair warning Gal 1:

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
My friend, I have scripture on my side. The very words of The Gospel. You, on the other hand, have a twisted interpretation that masquerades as such but is no gospel at all. Where is the Good News in your gospel to all the world? Where is it? In fact there is none.

LOL...no my friend your gospel is not The Gospel. And your doctrines prevent you from proclaiming the Gospel, the Good News to all the world. That is something you're unable to do from your heart, and you know it. The Gospel has a way of finding out all of our deepest secrets and intents of our heart.

This is why Jesus had Paul record his exact words that he had proclaimed to his audience, so that we would know and be able to compare it with those who bring a different gospel. Your gospel SBSG is not The Gospel. Your gospel does not include the word "our sins" when being proclaimed to all the world and to every creature.

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 06-15-2011 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-17-2011, 10:31 AM

Why Preach Total depravity in Gospel of God's Grace ?

In order to rightly understand why it is that only the Sovereign Grace of God can save, then one must be brought to believe that Grace Doctrine the total depravity of natural man and spiritual deadness and inability.

Hence one of the fundamental facets of Salvation by Grace is to relay that the natural man is not able to come to God, nor will he seek God, the True God that is. The True Gospel of the Grace of God proclaims loud and clear that no part of salvation is ever dependent or conditioned on the dead sinner, upon what the natural man must do [repent or believe] and so all salvation is conditioned on the Sovereign electing Grace of God.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Why Preach Total depravity in Gospel of God's Grace ?

In order to rightly understand why it is that only the Sovereign Grace of God can save, then one must be brought to believe that Grace Doctrine the total depravity of natural man and spiritual deadness and inability.

Hence one of the fundamental facets of Salvation by Grace is to relay that the natural man is not able to come to God, nor will he seek God, the True God that is. The True Gospel of the Grace of God proclaims loud and clear that no part of salvation is ever dependent or conditioned on the dead sinner, upon what the natural man must do [repent or believe] and so all salvation is conditioned on the Sovereign electing Grace of God.
Actually, total depravity is not in The Gospel. The Gospel is not about what man is, but the Gospel is rather about Christ and what He did for man.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:35 AM

The Gospel of God's Grace !

The Main cause for a Salvation plan that was totally and 100% of Sovereign Grace, which entailed the Saviour coming into the world
was because men were totally without hope in becoming saved Matt 19:25-26

25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

All of Salvation from Election in Eternity past to final Glory is realized solely by the Sovereign Grace of God. In light of this fact, any Gospel teaching that neglects to cover all aspects of Salvation
as revealed in the written word, and those things that point out all
The requirements for Salvation have been completely dealt with by
God's Grace is a False Gospel. Those not believing the fact that men are dead to God, alienated from God, and spiritually without hope in the world, are liken to the lie told to Eve by satan "that she would not surely die" but only now its " You are not surely dead". Those rejecting the Truth of all men Rom 5:12, is in league
with the serpent, who is the Father of lies. Such Persons will not be submitted to all of Salvation being totally dependent upon the Sovereign Electing Grace of God.

For all men by nature feels that there is something living in them by nature that enables them to seek and understand and come to the True God in spite of Rom 3.

If this is True, there would be in reality no Gospel that declares all Salvation is dependent upon Sovereign Grace, if men are not totally dead in sin. The Grace of God is no less needed if man could make themselves acceptable to God by his obedience, hence then the Saving obedience of Christ is dispensable. Rom 5:19

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one not two shall many be made righteous.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:39 AM

The Gospel of God's Grace should be Explained !

As stated earlier, preaching the Gospel of God's Grace entails an explanation of the same. Paul does this in the book of Ephesians, especially in Chapters 1-3. Remember, the things rehearsed are not things the readers did not hear before from Paul's Preaching of the Gospel to them, but as was customary of Paul, He would write and confirm the hearts of Gospel believers, because of the many Gospel perverter's. Acts 14:

21And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,

22Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

That word confirm means to Establish, and Paul does that how ? Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

So thats the Purpose in writing the Epistle to Ephesians, to establish them in the Gospel of God's Grace.

He explains in Chapter 1, Paul explains what God had done for them by His Sovereign Unmerited Grace in Christ. This Grace was given them in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9. This Grace given was of His own Eternal Purpose, for the Praise of the Glory of His Grace Eph 1:6.

This Grace of God flows to them from The Three Persons of the One Godhead, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, according to the Father's Purpose, the Son's Purchase, and the Spirits Power. See Zech 4:6

Paul begins by reassuring that God's Chosen ones had been blessed of Him with all Spiritual Blessings [Covenant Blessings] in Christ [Their Covenant Head] from Eternity Eph 1:3, and that these Spiritual Covenant Blessings come to them according to God's Purpose of Grace in Election Eph 1:4, hence there is no possibility of Grace, Salvation, nor Spiritual Blessings aside from God's Eternal and Sovereign Election in Christ Rom 9:11 !

Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 AM

624 posts, read 871,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
The Gospel is the good news of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ that provides full and free deliverance from the power and penalty of sin according to the grace of God alone through faith in Jesus Christ alone.... amen !!

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (Rom.3:23)

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom.6:23)

That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. (Rom.10:9-10)

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. (Rev.3:20)

AMEN !!
Ah.. notice you quote John's (latest of the Gospels) Gospel and Revelenations and Paul's writings.

But why not quote Matthew, Mark and Luke?

Possibly because Matthew Mark and Luke would require repentance from sin as a condition for accepting Good news?

Supposedly, Jesus Himself taught repentance, just as John the Baptist.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
The Gospel of God's Grace should be Explained !
If it needs to be, it's more than likely another person's gospel that needs explaining. Even a child can understand The Gospel.

Jesus died for "our sins"... absolute simplicity.

No rocket science here, no text twisting, no funny interpretations and no PhD dissertation required. Simple faith in what is being proclaimed in the text. "our sins"

Believe it. Don't twist it.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 AM

Is it even possible for you, SBSG, to proclaim the Gospel? If the atonement is only effectual for some, how is that Good News to all the world?

The only possible way that the Gospel is Good News to all the world is that it effectually saves every single person in all the world. Every creature.

Adolph Hitler - Good News, saved by Jesus
Pol Pot - Good News, saved by Jesus
Jack the Ripper - Good News, saved by Jesus
Pedophile RCC priests - Good News, saved by Jesus
Judas - Good News, saved by Jesus
AlabamaStorm - Good News, saved by Jesus
SBSG - Good News, saved by Jesus
"_____" - Good News, saved by Jesus

Do you see how that works?

Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 AM

ala:

Quote:
If it needs to be, it's more than likely another person's gospel that needs explaining.
Yes, thats how it's done in Christ Religion, He equips His leaders to Teach the Gospel as per Matt 28:19

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

This word teach means to disciple, to instruct, to indoctrinate !

This was prior to their baptism, which was a open, and public confession of one believing in what they had received[The Gospel].

So men are Taught of God [through God sent Preachers] before coming to Christ in Faith.

John 6:45

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me or believes in me !

Quote:
Even a child can understand The Gospel.
Thats false and nothing but humanism. The Gospel is a spiritual revelation to the regenerated, it cannot be taught by natural men to natural men.

Its revealed information from above Gal 1:12

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Now it is revealed to babes, babes born into Christ spiritual kingdom.

Matt 11:

25At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

The word babes means:

an infant, little child

The natural mind cannot receive the things of God, so your theory that even a child can understand the gospel is again humanism, not of God.

Quote:
Jesus died for "our sins"...
That needs to be explained. Who is Jesus ? Where did He come from ? Who is paul referring to when he says our sins according to scripture [Its not all mankind]? What did Christ accomplish and why when he died for sins.

Paul went into detail when explaining the Gospel, thats why He said that he shunned not explaining the whole counsel of God in preaching the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

This word declare here means to rehearse which means to:

to relate the facts or particulars of; recount.

The Counsel of God is another way of saying the Gospel of God..

This proves your theory wrong as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or