U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:32 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,567,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In this life? No, He is not done with me in this life, but those parables are about judgment not about this life, and believers will not be punished. Does that answer your question?
There is judgment in this life, Finn (thank God!). And judgment is not all about punishment either. Believers certainly will be punished. Everyone will reap what he sows... it is a spiritual law of God. That can work both positively and negatively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 01:03 PM

58,475 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
There is judgment in this life, Finn (thank God!). And judgment is not all about punishment either. Believers certainly will be punished. Everyone will reap what he sows... it is a spiritual law of God. That can work both positively and negatively.
I know know who told you that, but it is incorrect. Even the dead are resurrected fot the upcoming judgment, so how can it be during this life.

Also, not everyone in this life reap what they sow.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:33 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,285,528 times
Sheep and Goats - Jews

Old 01-26-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
I know know who told you that, but it is incorrect.
You know who told me that? Who told me that, Finn?
Are you a clairvoyant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
Even the dead are resurrected fot the upcoming judgment, so how can it be during this life.

Also, not everyone in this life reap what they sow.

You know that the scriptures teach that no son is without chastisement (which is sometimes unpleasant). And we should strive to be sanctified while in this body because the judgment on this side of the grave is not the only judgment. If you teach that just because you believe in the name of Jesus Christ that you can do whatever you please and say all your sin is "under the blood" then you are mis-using God's grace. Anyone who takes the grace of God in vain is simply being foolish. Yet it is also foolish for you to think that "professing certain words" without a change of heart will benefit you. There are many people who use the name of Jesus and still go about living like the devil - particularly the pharisee types.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:51 PM

58,475 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You know who told me that? Who told me that, Finn? Are you a clairvoyant?
No, I am not. Obviously I meant "I don't know who told you that". You may have noticed that I am not very gifted in the area of spelling, grammar and especially in proof reading my posts.

Quote:
You know that the scriptures teach that no son is without chastisement (which is sometimes unpleasant).

Sure, chastisement can happen while living, but again there parable are talking about heavenly day of judgment where everyone will be present at the same time, so it is impossible for it to happen while we are here on earth.

Acts 24:15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

Acts 7:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

Revelation 20 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Quote:
it is also foolish for you to think that "professing certain words" without a change of heart will benefit you. There are many people who use the name of Jesus and still go about living like the devil - particularly the pharisee types.

I have no clue why you said that. What makes you think that I think professing certain words without change of heart will benefit someone? It is too bad you always have to insert something like that in your posts.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-26-2011 at 04:05 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 03:58 PM

7,858 posts, read 6,662,302 times
It is the charater of the goats and sheep that is the metaphor of these Words of Judgement that the Lord will judge ......See the character of the goat is hording, proud, selfish, ram his way.... you put a table with a pedestal in a field with a goat and the goat will be on the top of this pedestal looking down of you ,, and some farmers with goats will find their goat on the roof of the barn looking down of you as a expression of pride look down on people ,,, or the horder or ram character with greed in his eyes in his independant character ........ were the sheep tend to flock together as one, and you can go to a petting zoo and find a sheep and you can see children trying to ride a sheep and the sheep will not get mad and ram the child he will just move away and that is it .........

Old 01-26-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
It is the charater of the goats and sheep that is the metaphor of these Words of Judgement that the Lord will judge ......See the character of the goat is hording, proud, selfish, ram his way.... you put a table with a pedestal in a field with a goat and the goat will be on the top of this pedestal looking down of you ,, and some farmers with goats will find their goat on the roof of the barn looking down of you as a expression of pride look down on people ,,, or the horder or ram character with greed in his eyes in his independant character ........ were the sheep tend to flock together as one, and you can go to a petting zoo and find a sheep and you can see children trying to ride a sheep and the sheep will not get mad and ram the child he will just move away and that is it .........
I really like this illustration! My sister has goats on her land and the do climb up on things and tear down stuff. Sheep are not that way Thanks for the "Picture".

Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 PM

17,694 posts, read 8,866,529 times
There are two conscious entities living within us having their own thoughts or ideas; and the personality that rules is the one, which is most dominant.
It is not amazing, how many differences there are in the two hemispheres of our brain: "Left and right handed thinking?
"

Old 01-26-2011, 09:46 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Quote:

Y'know that is pretty much how I've always thought of it. You illustrated that really well. I love goats, but they are some pushy little guys.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:05 PM

17,694 posts, read 8,866,529 times
Quote:
It is the character of the goats and sheep that is the metaphor of these Words of Judgment that the Lord will judge .......See the character of the goat is hording, proud, selfish, ram his way.... you put a table with a pedestal in a field with a goat and the goat will be on the top of this pedestal looking down on you ,, and some farmers with goats will find their goat on the roof of the barn looking down on you as a expression of pride look down on people ,,, or the hoarder or ram character with greed in his eyes in his independent character ........were the sheep tend to flock together as one, and you can go to a petting zoo and find a sheep and you can see children trying to ride a sheep and the sheep will not get mad and ram the child he will just move away and that is it .........
Goats can be aggressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity