U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2011, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,072,718 times
Reputation: 866

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
LOL.... sorry, but how did you come too that conclusion ???
It was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post! I thought, "wow, sounds like she became Muslim!"

blessings,
brian

 
Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
57,847 posts, read 31,413,393 times
Reputation: 9280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post! I thought, "wow, sounds like she became Muslim!"
Muslims rarely quote from the Bible because they read the quran.

But of course it is clear why you said it. What's up with comments like that? Why can't you simply promote your own faith, as opposed to trying to discredit the faith of others?
 
Old 01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 7,990,481 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post! I thought, "wow, sounds like she became Muslim!"

blessings,
brian
Well, that is what happens when one does not have the Holy Spirit to discern truth and depends upon the natural mind rather then the Spirit of God who gives us ears to hear His truth.... amen !!

Nothing in that post comes close or even hints Islam, Muslims....
Yet, everything in a heart to one who is a believer in/of Jesus Christ who trusts and depends upon Him completely.... amen !!
 
Old 01-27-2011, 08:52 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,734,304 times
Reputation: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, twin.spin, His word it is utmost for His highest..... for us !!

  • Your word is very pure,Therefore Your servant loves it. (119:140)
  • You are my hiding place and my shield; I wait for Your word.(119:114)
And it is very important that the word of God is planted in the heart.....


  • How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. (Ps.119:9)


How would anyone know Him, without His word to which He explains to us in how we are to follow Him and His will in/for our lives.....

  • He who gives attention to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.(Pro.16:20)

  • Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left. (Isa.30:21)

Praise the Lord if it were not for His Holy Spirit, our Helper whom Jesus promise to us Whom plants the word deep in the hearts to bring back to our remembrance what Jesus has spoken to the believers through the word.

  • Establish Your word to Your servant, as that which produces reverence for You. (Ps.119:38)
It guides, protects, teaches us His truth......

  • May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O LORD, Your salvation according to Your word;So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your word. (Ps.119:41-42
  • Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word.(Ps.119:169)
It cleanses all that is not of Him from our sinful carnal lives....
  • Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You. (Ps. 119:11)
SO....

  • He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. (Ps. 107:20) amen !!
......gives the believer hope......

  • Remember the word to Your servant, in which You have made me hope. (Ps.119:49)
It comforts our hearts.....

  • O may Your lovingkindness comfort me, according to Your word to Your servant. (Ps.119:76)
He speaks It to our hearts to discern against false teachers and the error of their ways with all their lies against His truth.

  • As for the deeds of men, by the word of Your lips I have kept from the paths of the violent. (Ps.17:4)

  • In God, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid what can mere man do to me? (Ps.56:4)
  • As for God, His way is blameless;The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. (Ps.18:30)


His word is more necessary then food for our bodies.....

  • "I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food. (Job 23:12)

  • But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'" (Matt.4:4)

It encourages the heart when weary....

  • This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your word has revived me. (Ps.119:50)

  • Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad. (Prov.12:25)
It most definitely is the GPS for the Christian life here on earth in our journey toward home....

  • Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Ps.119:105)
AMEN....
Very very good! (like someone said...double bingo !)
We can take comfort with these words from Jesus

Matthew 13:16
But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

 
Old 01-27-2011, 08:59 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 7,990,481 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Muslims rarely quote from the Bible because they read the quran.

But of course it is clear why you said it. What's up with comments like that? Why can't you simply promote your own faith, as opposed to trying to discredit the faith of others?
Well when one does not have the Holy Spirit witnessing His truth through God's writtten word it will be the natural mind making that kind of conclusion.....

Also Finn_Jarber... some call it baiting other's !!

But that OK, cause these days God has given such a peace in my heart that passes all understanding and people can think as they may for it is God that will judge their intention of the heart....

I know nothing can separate Him from my heart and life.... amen

I Praise the Lord God my Savior Jesus Chirst !! A big double BINGO....
 
Old 01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,734,304 times
Reputation: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Pretend? So you do not believe the Bible is the word of God. Well, that is your opinon and I disagree. I believe that the Bible is the word of God, and that Christ gave us the Holy Spirit to help us understand what God reveals to us through the Bible and through prayer.

I have never heard any 'fundamentalist' claim what you just said. They say Christ is the living word, and the Bible is the word of God. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Let me ask you this though: why do you keep quoting from the Bible, if you believe it is just writings of men, and not the word of God? I see people attack others for believing Bible is the word of God, yet the very same people quote the Bible every day? Don't quote it if you don't believe in it.
Finn,
You, Cyber Munchkin are blessed. You have ears that hear, eyes that see.
Matthew 13:16
But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

You want to know why? The first thing Jesus points to is the heart.
Matthew 13:15
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts and turn,
and I would heal them.’

The other interesting point about Jesus being able to see and know what's in their heart ........
........ only God has that ability.

Psalm 44:20-21
If we had forgotten the name of our God
or spread out our hands to a foreign god,
would not God have discovered it,
since he knows the secrets of the heart?
Acts 15:8
God, who knows the heart,
showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them,
just as he did to us.
1 Chronicles 28:9
“.. for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts.
If you seek him, he will be found by you;
but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.
Psalm 7:9
O righteous God, who searches minds and hearts,
bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure.
 
Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
57,847 posts, read 31,413,393 times
Reputation: 9280
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Finn,
You, Cyber Munchkin are blessed. You have ears that hear, eyes that see.
Matthew 13:16
But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

You want to know why? The first thing Jesus points to is the heart.
Matthew 13:15
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts and turn,
and I would heal them.’

The other interesting point about Jesus being able to see and know what's in their heart ........
........ only God has that ability.

Psalm 44:20-21
If we had forgotten the name of our God
or spread out our hands to a foreign god,
would not God have discovered it,
since he knows the secrets of the heart?
Acts 15:8
God, who knows the heart,
showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them,
just as he did to us.
1 Chronicles 28:9
“.. for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts.
If you seek him, he will be found by you;
but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.
Psalm 7:9
O righteous God, who searches minds and hearts,
bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure.
Good stuff Twin, good stuff. When I accpeted Christ into my life, I noticed that one thing changed immediatly, and that was the hunger for the word of God. Like I said earlier, being passionate about the word of God and being sensitive of sin are sure signs of the presence of the Spirit.
 
Old 01-27-2011, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Walt Disney World
14,864 posts, read 8,084,070 times
Reputation: 1525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Pretend? So you do not believe the Bible is the word of God. Well, that is your opinon and I disagree. I believe that the Bible is the word of God, and that Christ gave us the Holy Spirit to help us understand what God reveals to us through the Bible and through prayer.

I have never heard any 'fundamentalist' claim what you just said. They say Christ is the living word, and the Bible is the word of God. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Let me ask you this though: why do you keep quoting from the Bible, if you believe it is just writings of men, and not the word of God? I see people attack others for believing Bible is the word of God, yet the very same people quote the Bible every day? Don't quote it if you don't believe in it.
Finn, I was not allowed to give you reps, so here they are.
 
Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,648,410 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
We can narrow it down very quickly if you're looking for excuses:


Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.


I do not think that actually addresses the question.

Without excuse in what capacity?

Can you give an example perhaps?
 
Old 01-27-2011, 12:09 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,734,304 times
Reputation: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I do not think that actually addresses the question.

Without excuse in what capacity?

Can you give an example perhaps?
The questions from lovesaves were the example:
"what about people who cannot read?"
"or are not able to access a bible?"

This easily could have the capacity to merge into "what happens to the person who is in front of God's judgement throne [presumably not as a believer] and poses one the questions as an excuse?"


"what about people who cannot read?" ........ is not an excuse Romans 1:20

"or are not able to access a bible?" ............. is not an excuse Romans 1:20

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top