U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,041,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Again, I have never witnessed this "worship of the book" that you people see in everyone except yourselves. Since you consider quoting the Bible same as "worshipping the book", then could you do us all a favor and stop quoting from it. We have already seem several URs here accusing others of book worship only to come back to quote from the Bible themselves. It seems you think you are qualified to quote it, but others are not.

These accusations demonstrates the "Pharisee mentality" at its best. A bunch of arrogant, boastful people beating their chests and claiming they are only ones qualified to quote the Bible while anyone else reading it is simply worshipping the book. I see comments like "they read, but they have no spirituality" and "infant spirituality" to describe everyone except themselves.

It's a disgrace.
Yes, Finn_Jarber it is a shame to witness and read just what you are saying.... but you know what ? So do the lurkers see such contradiction let it be.....

God is/will reveal to the heart of one who truly seeks Him in truth and spirit, Whom is greater then the testimony of any man's opinion and words will reveal the lies, contradictions !
When they do and say such things it is obvious some are so blinded in their own unbelief, yet God is using it to show His power and glory to many and through it bringing many to be sons and daughters..... He also is teaching many to discern truth from error.... !!

The believers do not need to defend themselves and the word of God, God will be our shield and rampart against all His enemies... the gates of hell can not prevail against His word of truth and these ones who have chosen to speak against the word of God bring it to public disgrace and His people will answer to Him in judgment one day.

It is their choice that they have once tasted the goodness of the Lord and turned away to suppressing the truth for the lie of the flesh....

This is to happen in these days, a great apostasy, the falling away from God.... remember Jesus told us this will happen.
It is the witness of revealing to our hearts Christ is nearer in returning for His Bride.... amen !!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:38 AM

58,482 posts, read 31,880,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, Finn_Jarber it is a shame to witness and read just what you are saying.... but you know what ? So do the lurkers see such contradiction let it be.....

God is/will reveal to the heart of one who truly seeks Him in truth and spirit, Whom is greater then the testimony of any man's opinion and words will reveal the lies, contradictions !
When they do and say such things it is obvious some are so blinded in their own unbelief, yet God is using it to show His power and glory to many and through it bringing many to be sons and daughters..... He also is teaching many to discern truth from error.... !!

The believers do not need to defend themselves and the word of God, God will be our shield and rampart against all His enemies... the gates of hell can not prevail against His word of truth and these ones who have chosen to speak against the word of God bring it to public disgrace and His people will answer to Him in judgment one day.

It is their choice that they have once tasted the goodness of the Lord and turned away to suppressing the truth for the lie of the flesh....

This is to happen in these days, a great apostasy, the falling away from God.... remember Jesus told us this will happen.
It is the witness of revealing to our hearts Christ is nearer in returning for His Bride.... amen !!
Yes, I think you are right. It's best let it be. They can't help it.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
He never said what you are accusing him of saying, Finn.
Of course he did, and it is evidenced thoughout this thread, but Cyber Muchin is right: It is best to ignore the nonsense here, and from now on, I will do so. From now on when I see someone elevate him/herself as a better Christan, more spiritual, more loving, more understanding, more whatever, I will simply ignore it.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,749,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post

You know, I'm really sick and tired of these accusations and slander. WE, Christian Universalists, ARE CHRISTIANS and none of us have "fallen away" from God, quite the opposite. No one has said or claimed that you ETer's are not Christians, even though you believe such a horrible thing.

And I'm sick of hearing the threats of hell for those of us who believe differently than you do. All of that is subtly insinuated in the above post. What's wrong with you CM? What happened to you? Where's the love? You "unfriended" me and you treat me and the others like complete devil worshippers. I'm very disappointed and hurt by the things that you do and say. It's simply wrong.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:26 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,582,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Of course he did, and it is evidenced thoughout this thread, but Cyber Muchin is right: It is best to ignore the nonsense here, and from now on, I will do so. From now on when I see someone elevate him/herself as a better Christan, more spiritual, more loving, more understanding, more whatever, I will simply ignore it.

ahigherway has never done that. And he did NOT do what you accused him of on this thread. Because you and others say that he is doing so doesn't necessarily make it so. You can throw mud at someone, but you can't make it stick.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
ahigherway has never done that. And he did NOT do what you accused him of on this thread. Because you and others say that he is doing so doesn't necessarily make it so. You can throw mud at someone, but you can't make it stick.
Well, the comments are still on the thread, so what's the point of arguing it? Everyone can read on their own.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:11 AM

13,459 posts, read 21,205,608 times
Temporarily closed for moderation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or