Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 03:44 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I have to seriously agree with this post, you know how I feel about the whole thing now Mystic. It's already written in our hearts, and there is where we will find the real truth.
The same real Truth comes from both, that is Jesus Christ!

Old 01-27-2011, 03:44 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What? You have to seriously agree with a QUOTE FROM THE BIBLE????

Come on guys. Make up your minds. Why is it OK for you to quote the Bible, but when other's quote it you mock them to death?
NO, no no Finn, we don't mock people for quoting the bible, we just have a problem with "worship" of a "book". It is a guide book and God "inspired", not written by God. Really read the scriptures Mystic quoted, they say it all about the "written" word, which come directly from the Bible itself. Mystic and I just believe that you all are missing a great big in your face very important point.....look inside of yourselves. That's where it is.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:54 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
NO, no no Finn, we don't mock people for quoting the bible, we just have a problem with "worship" of a "book".
Let's be honest here. NO ONE here 'worships' the "book". If Twin quotes the Bible, he is accused of 'worshipping the book', but when Mystic quotes the same Bible, then it's the truth, and you say you will seriously believe it.

This is starting to sound like the Politics forum where people toss mud based on other people's political party.

Quote:
It is a guide book and God "inspired", not written by God. Really read the scriptures Mystic quoted,
Sorry, but I can't bring myself to watch you and mystic worship a book.

Sound familiar?

Old 01-27-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
NO, no no Finn, we don't mock people for quoting the bible, we just have a problem with "worship" of a "book". It is a guide book and God "inspired", not written by God. Really read the scriptures Mystic quoted, they say it all about the "written" word, which come directly from the Bible itself. Mystic and I just believe that you all are missing a great big in your face very important point.....look inside of yourselves. That's where it is.
Who's worshipping the Bible? None of us here are! That's ridiculous & you should be ashamed for saying that!

We worship the one true God, Jesus Christ, & Him only!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No disrespect intended . . . but if you honestly and sincerely believe that . . . you need serious lessons in reading comprehension!!

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
I guess it goes both ways.

Matthew 4:4

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Luke 3:4

4 As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet: “A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.

Revelation 22:7

7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”

Hebrews 10

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.
7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll
I have come to do your will, my God.’"

Old 01-27-2011, 04:07 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Who's worshipping the Bible? None of us here are! That's ridiculous & you should be ashamed for saying that!

We worship the one true God, Jesus Christ, & Him only!
Exactly. What's going on here? We can't even quote the Bible without being accused of some weird ritual.

Book worship!! Pluuueeez.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:41 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
I pray that by God's grace you will all soon taste the goodness and peace of God that is beyond understanding.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fla6E...eature=related

Old 01-27-2011, 04:43 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let's be honest here. NO ONE here 'worships' the "book".
Yeah, let's be honest why don't we? Yes, there are those here who "worship" the bible and have no spirituality whatsoever. It shows in the posts and in everything they say.

The "BOOK" itself tells us not to do that. GET IT?

Old 01-27-2011, 05:32 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
[quote=Ilene Wright;17608416]
Quote:

Yeah, let's be honest why don't we? Yes, there are those here who "worship" the bible and have no spirituality whatsoever. It shows in the posts and in everything they say.

Yep. Now let us turn to the book of Leviticus.....

Old 01-27-2011, 07:53 PM

[quote=Ilene Wright;17608416]
Quote:

What is it that makes you think we worship the Bible? Can you give one specific example?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity