U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-28-2011, 08:06 AM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,375,564 times
Reputation: 580

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Question: If man can stop God, then why did God stop me??
He didn't. You heeded a calling. But Him shouting in the wilderness, and you following His lead is still contingent upon you.

Quote:
Why did God overshadow me with His Love and Spirit?
Because YOUR heart was open to receive it. Otherwise, you would have not been overshadowed.

Quote:
Why did He draw me to Himself??
Ask Him that. I don't know you, nor your circumstance. But, if He did, then He has elected you for a higher purpose.

Quote:
Why did He change my heart?
Because YOU allowed Him to.

Quote:
Any feedback appreciated..

Blessings,
brian
Peace,

Tony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,113,870 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
He didn't. You heeded a calling. But Him shouting in the wilderness, and you following His lead is still contingent upon you.



Because YOUR heart was open to receive it. Otherwise, you would have not been overshadowed.



Ask Him that. I don't know you, nor your circumstance. But, if He did, then He has elected you for a higher purpose.



Because YOU allowed Him to.



Peace,

Tony
I don't remember giving God permission as you say..

In fact, I remember a specific moment in which He set me free from a serious problem in my life, and I had NO idea what was going on.

So your doctrine doesn't quite explain my experience Tony..

If it's true that I heeded a calling, then He knew how to get through to me!

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 01:26 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,205,043 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Is this a serious question?



I didn't. You are supposing i did.



And first you must be 'born-again' to even be quantified AS a child. Otherwise you are but a beast. Sorry, but true. As you can tell by the world these day,,,there are a ton of beasts running around,



Yes, according to you. I happen to believe I HAVE it right.



Yes,,,



No,,,
Being born again is not our choice, just like being born the first time was not our choice, this is one of the areas where you fail to understand the spiritual things of God.

And i have met many people who are not Christians who are far more human than many Christians i have know who like you believe that all people of other religions are animals. Besides, id rather be an animal than a monster who thinks others who don't believe the way they do are less than human.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-28-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 01:35 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,375,564 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Being born again is not our choice, just like being born the first time was not our choice, this is one of the areas where you fail to understand the spiritual things of God.
oh really?

Try reading 1 Peter the whole of chapter 1. Then you, who 'think' they have it figured out, come talk to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 01:39 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,375,564 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
And i have met many people who are not Christians who are far more human than many Christians i have know who like you believe that all people of other religions are animals.
Actually, you are putting words into my mouth, and I rebuke you SEVERELY for it.

Quote:
Besides, id rather be an animal that a monster who thinks others who don't believe the way he does are less than human.
Well, the thing you do not evidently know about me,,,is it isn't the religion that quantifies who a Christian is,,,it is what is in their hearts. Roman's 2:14-16 tells us this. So, yea. Be whatever you want to be, however you see fit to be it. But calling me a monster was OVER the line.

Want to talk,,,be civil. Otherwise, get thee behind me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 01:44 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,205,043 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Actually, you are putting words into my mouth, and I rebuke you SEVERLY for it.



Well, the thing you do not eveidently know about me,,,is it isn't the religion that quantifies who a Christian is,,,it is what is in their hearts. Roman's 2:14-16 tells us this. So, yea. Be whatever you want to be, however you see fit to be it. But calling me a monster was OVER the line.

Want to talk,,,be civil. Otherwise, get thee behind me.
You said, and i quote ...

Quote:
And first you must be 'born-again' to even be quantified AS a child. Otherwise you are but a beast.
So then coupled with you words above i suppose you are saying that many people who do not believe in Christ as lord are born again?

And 1 peter says nothing about choosing to be born again, but if you want to make a case please present it and i will refute it for you when i get back from work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 01:48 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,375,564 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I don't remember giving God permission as you say..
Sure you did. It wasn't like you were knocked off a horse or anything. You sought Him out, and His hand was there.

Quote:
In fact, I remember a specific moment in which He set me free from a serious problem in my life, and I had NO idea what was going on.
Bingo.

Quote:
So your doctrine doesn't quite explain my experience Tony..
It doesn't have to. We each are called in our OWN order. Some early, some later. Some in distress, some in tranquility. But there is NO calling after the passing of the flesh.

Quote:
If it's true that I heeded a calling, then He knew how to get through to me!
As He does with those He desires to be called by Him. Doesn't mean people have to heed the calling though.

Quote:
Blessings,
brian
Peace,

Tony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 02:02 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,375,564 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You said, and i quote ...



So then coupled with you words above i suppose you are saying that many people who do not believe in Christ as lord are born again?
Yes. AND there are MANY MANY people who DO, who are NOT born-again. What's the point?

Quote:
And 1 peter says nothing about choosing to be born again, but if you want to make a case please present it and i will refute it for you when i get back from work.
I don't NEED to make anything out of it. Can't you read?

Is it a choice to do the following:
or are you FORCED?

Obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood(Choice, or Forced?)

Though you have not seen Him, you love Him(Choice, or Forced?)

Though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him(Choice, or Forced?)

Therefore, prepare your minds for action, (Choice, or Forced?)

keep sober in spirit, (Choice, or Forced?)

fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.(Choice, or Forced?)

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance,(Choice, or Forced?)

but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;(Choice, or Forced?)

YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY
(Choice, or Forced?)

Since you have in obedience to the truth(Choice, or Forced?)
purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart(Choice, or Forced?),

for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,113,870 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Sure you did. It wasn't like you were knocked off a horse or anything. You sought Him out, and His hand was there.



Bingo.



It doesn't have to. We each are called in our OWN order. Some early, some later. Some in distress, some in tranquility. But there is NO calling after the passing of the flesh.



As He does with those He desires to be called by Him. Doesn't mean people have to heed the calling though.



Peace,

Tony
No, God is bigger than you make Him out to be Tony.
You and I don't boss God. He's the One who made us and who knows how to save us.
We need to give Him 100 percent of the glory, not just 50 percent and keep the rest for ourselves.

Oh, the pride in Christendom today!! When will man learn that God is greater than him???

Tony, if you live near a mountain, or get the chance to fly sometime, take a look down when you're up high. You may be able to better know that man's puny will is nothing to God! God can change man in the twinkling of an eye, and without anybody's "permission!"


Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 02:28 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,375,564 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
No, God is bigger than you make Him out to be Tony.
Umm, I didn't make God out to be anything. Why are we putting words in my mouth?

Quote:
You and I don't boss God.
Agreed.

Quote:
He's the One who made us and who knows how to save us.
Which is why Jesus Christ was sent into the world. Which is why He sacrificed Himself. Which is why God has written His Laws on our hearts.

Quote:
We need to give Him 100 percent of the glory, not just 50 percent and keep the rest for ourselves.
Again, where is this coming from? Who is keeping anything from God?

Quote:
Oh, the pride in Christendom today!! When will man learn that God is greater than him???
You are accusing me of sin? Where is this coming from, again?

Quote:
Tony, if you live near a mountain, or get the chance to fly sometime, take a look down when you're up high.
Been there, done that.

Quote:
You may be able to better know that man's puny will is nothing to God!
You look at man's free-will as puny, yet it is for THIS very reason He took on Human Form, as Jesus Christ, and died for us. Now, how puny is it???

Quote:
God can change man in the twinkling of an eye, and without anybody's "permission!"
And He can, and will, wipe a wicked soul out, without anyone's 'human' feelings being taken into consideration. Yes, MY GOD is THAT Mighty!


Quote:
Peace,
brian
Peace,
Tony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top