U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:38 PM

987 posts, read 879,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
LOL ... Maw, as in muzzle, as in mouth ... IRONMAW!
Perfectly clear to me, lol. it would be Ma if it meant mom, I dunno, maybe some regions spell it maw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 09:01 PM

17,785 posts, read 8,896,463 times
Quote:
And all this time, I thought you were a Blacksmith with an Iron-maul.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:15 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,112,960 times
Quote:
And i guess that is what really matters, is how God can destroy? How he can kill the wicked? Kill them sinners, them prostitutes and them strippers and them drug addicts and them pagan devil worshiping hippies ... ?

God can certain kill and destroy anything and anyone he so desires, but i think God is little bigger than just destroying for destructions sake. What God breaks down, he builds back up again.

What he smites with one hand he heals with the other, and this is what most Christians cannot understand.

The purpose of Gods judgments is to purify and cleanse and to teach righteousness, it is not the sake of returning evil for evil.

God overcomes evil with good. And he loves his enemies ... He will heal them in his own good time. Each in their own order ...
hi Ironmaw!
I can't paste easily from this iphone, but check out Psalm 107. You will see the word "destroy" and how God uses it to save man. You are right imo, God's way of "destroying" is to rebuild us up again, it has nothing to do with man's carnal tendency to destroy for destruction's sake.

Blessings!
Brian

Old 01-30-2011, 06:26 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,375,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
hi Ironmaw!
I can't paste easily from this iphone, but check out Psalm 107. You will see the word "destroy" and how God uses it to save man. You are right imo, God's way of "destroying" is to rebuild us up again, it has nothing to do with man's carnal tendency to destroy for destruction's sake.

Blessings!
Brian

Try Psalm 92. Psalm 9. Psalm 37 etc, etc, etc.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
When you're ready to talk seriously, PM me.

Peace,
brian
And I was talking seriously. So why would I PM you? Let the masses learn what we are talking about, unless you are afraid they might actually learn something.

Bring it on and let us converse,,

Peace,

Tony

Old 01-30-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
So do you believe being born again means a person is saved or not?
WHO is saved? Can a person be saved in this life? I would say yes. Does this mean everyone who claims to be saved, is saved? I think not. You must be born of the Spirit to be saved. Right?

Quote:
How can a person who is born again(non-Christian) be damned for ever? Are you saying that a person can be saved without believing in Jesus?
A non-Christian is only a non-Christian because they have not heard the gospel message and heeded the calling. Yet, if they live as Christ did, full of love and mercy for humanity? Why would they not be saved? Romans 2.

Quote:
As far as your understanding of choice, you must take all the verses above and make them harmonize with all the other verses that talk about our election and the work of the spirit of God in our lives that causes us to bear fruit and repent and believe and do all the things that pleases God.
It wasn't an election process. We made a choice, first fleshly and emotional and then spiritual, to follow Christ as King. It was our choice. It wasn't God's. God just made the means for us to hear the gospel. We still had to respond to it.

Quote:
Philippians 2:12-13
And so, my dear friends, just as you have always obeyed, not only when I was with you but even more now that I am absent, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases him.

Is it your choice to make God work within you? What do the above verses say? Read them very carefully ...
I would respond that this wasn't written to YOU. It was written to:

to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Are you qualified to be called these things? A Saint, a Bishop, a Deacon?

Quote:
They say that we obey and continue to work out our salvation, because it is God who is working within us to make us desire to do and giving us the ability to do what pleases him.
And to keep working it out, because power corrupts, and for a man in charge of a church or community,,the temptations of desiring power or money would be the cause of a hard fall.

Quote:
If God is not working within you and making you desire to do and and giving you the ability to do what pleases him, then guess what, you will not be doing what pleases him, it would not even be possible.
God would have to work inside these people. Look what happened to Jesus when He was tempted. The Spirit enabled Him to overcome evil, by seeing God's plan for Him.

Quote:
It is not a matter of choice, it is a matter of Gods intervention in your life, which you seem to deny or ignore and thus you boast of your wise decision making skills instead of giving God the glory for the repentance and faith he has given you.
LOL, it wasn't a 'wise' choice. It was actually the HARDEST choice I have EVER made. There isn't a DAMN thing easy about being a Christian. The devil has marked me as an enemy, and he is relentless in his pursuit. So, I don't know what lala land you live on, but if you are not facing trials and tribulations almost on a daily basis, I would question my standing with God. It is only when we overcome evil, with the Spirit's help, that we gain momentum over the devil.

And God has the glory and the honor forever. Whether you give it to Him, or not.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
And i guess that is what really matters, is how God can destroy? How he can kill the wicked? Kill them sinners, them prostitutes and them strippers and them drug addicts and them pagan devil worshiping hippies ... ?
Actually, you want to hear something? I personally do not believe that God will destroy someone for simply being a sinner, a prostitute, a stipper, a drug addict.

I really think in my own heart,,,

That the people that will be DESTROYED are those who have blasphemed His Holy Name, done atrocities in His Name, and ruled over others using His Name in an evil manner. Yes,,,these will be destoyed, forever. In fact, it was this that caused me to turn from Universalism. I saw it, from Genesis to Revelation. From 1st Samuel, to Matthew.

God is KING. Those who take this power, and corrupt the people into all sorts of sin? These are the ones who will be destroyed. Just look at what the king of Sodom wanted from Arbraham. THE PEOPLE. Not the riches. He wanted the rule OVER the people. Gen 14:21. This is profound, yet not talked about. Really think it was for homosexuality that they were destroyed?

Quote:
God can certain kill and destroy anything and anyone he so desires, but i think God is little bigger than just destroying for destructions sake.
Agree.

Quote:
What God breaks down, he builds back up again.
If it is HIS CHOICE to do so.

Quote:
What he smites with one hand he heals with the other, and this is what most Christians cannot understand.
He isn't going to spank with one hand and kiss with the other. God isn't confused. He knows exactly what He is doing.

Quote:
The purpose of Gods judgments is to purify and cleanse and to teach righteousness, it is not the sake of returning evil for evil.
Depends on who is being judged.

Quote:
God overcomes evil with good.
Like the flood, Sodom, the Garden, the enemies of Israel,,,etc, etc. I agree. The good is the outcome of the plan,,,not the 'emotional' feelings based upon human cravings.

Quote:
And he loves his enemies ... He will heal them in his own good time. Each in their own order ...
Verse please? You say he WILL,,,so either now He MUST, or you prove to be a liar. I want to see ALL ENEMIES HEALED, from the WORD..

Old 01-30-2011, 07:46 AM

4,642 posts, read 3,736,932 times
read Towing Jehova by James Morrow

In this Novel, God chooses to die and fall to earth so that humanity can learn to stand on it's own

Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 PM

1,838 posts, read 1,932,658 times
Quote:
alright,now i got ya,still sounds like a good name for a super hero,here in ireland we call our mother's- MA!,thats why i thought it.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:19 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,204,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And all this time, I thought you were a Blacksmith with an Iron-maul.

No, i just talk allot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity