Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:45 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,012,748 times

Advertisements

Can Death Stop God?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XEMBH3BK2k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 05:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
"The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD." Jer. 33.11

"The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands." Psalm 138.8

"O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalm 136.3

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalm 36.1

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever." Psalm 118.1,4,29

"O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalm 107.1

"Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." 106.1

"For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." Psalm 100.5

"For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment." James 2.13

Blessings!
Brian

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-27-2011, 08:37 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,248,603 times
I shouldnt think so,death is only something that happens to the body,God and His body are not made from matter and are never under the influence of material nature,and never bounded bye it,his body,name,pastimes,paraparnelia and everything to do with Him is spiritual.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,615,479 times
She seems like a genuinely nice person, and I like what she had to say.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,012,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
She seems like a genuinely nice person, and I like what she had to say.
She IS a genuinely nice person whom I have met in person and spent time with on several occasions. Another thing that is amazing about Michelle is that she is Jewish and she told me that God once showed her that "there is a little Hitler inside all of us". Her candid honesty is so beautiful. Several of her taped messages that I heard years ago emphasized the importance of being completely real and honest when talking to God rather than approaching him with a bunch of fake religious sounding talk (as if God can't see exactly what is in our hearts and minds). It is very freeing to get spiritually naked in God's presence knowing that we have Christ for our covering.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,151,088 times
Can death 'stop' God?

No, it cannot, as evidenced by His Son, and those who are His.
But you can!
You can stop God, by not submitting to His Son through the love He has for you.
You can stop God, by not honoring His Commandments, as His written Law.
You can stop God, by knowingly sinning against others.
You can stop God, by knowingly sinning against Him.

There are many ways to stop God, and death is the punishment for stopping Him.
No passing 'go', and no collecting your reward, which is eternal life with Him.

Repent and believe in the Name of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Then you shall have salvation.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:04 PM

63,741 posts, read 40,011,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Can death 'stop' God?

But you can!

There are many ways to stop God
, and death is the punishment for stopping Him.
You believe we are more powerful than God, Hot?? How did you determine this?
Quote:
We are not animals responding to rewards and punishments in an obedience trial . . . we are children learning to be adults by maturing.
Quote:
Repent and believe in the Name of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Then you shall have salvation.
Well you almost have it right. Repent and believe ON/INTO Jesus and follow His commands to "Love God and each other" to be justified and sanctified . . . we are ALL already saved by Jesus.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:09 PM

19,683 posts, read 20,208,786 times
Did not watch the video yet (which I will do in one minute), but...wouldn't death put God into full force?!!

I guess it depends on your definition of "God"...

Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,151,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You believe we are more powerful than God, Hot??
Is this a serious question?

Quote:
How did you determine this?
I didn't. You are supposing i did.

Quote:
We are not animals responding to rewards and punishments in an obedience trial . . . we are children learning to be adults by maturing.
And first you must be 'born-again' to even be quantified AS a child. Otherwise you are but a beast. Sorry, but true. As you can tell by the world these day,,,there are a ton of beasts running around,

Quote:
Well you almost have it right.
Yes, according to you. I happen to believe I HAVE it right.

Quote:
Repent and believe ON/INTO Jesus and follow His commands to "Love God and each other" to be justified and sanctified
Yes,,,

Quote:
. . . we are ALL already saved by Jesus.
No,,,

Old 01-28-2011, 03:14 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Can death 'stop' God?

But you can!

There are many ways to stop God, and death is the punishment for stopping Him.

Question: If man can stop God, then why did God stop me?? Why did God overshadow me with His Love and Spirit? Why did He draw me to Himself?? Why did He change my heart?

Any feedback appreciated..

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity