U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Ilene, I am not a total preterist but I do believe when it says that the time was at hand/near that is exactly what it meant on that level --- I do not believe in actual plagues killing a third of the planet earth, the same as I do not believe that Jesus is an actual lamb and that there is going to be an actual beast that has 10 horns --- there are symbols (a lot of them in Revelation) Why is it that the plagues are taken as literal when so much else is symbolic -- I don't buy it.

I have wondered if the destruction will be to those that it is addressed to - the churches (the called out ones) the ones who proclaim to be Gods servants and witnesses but who are not obedient, and have not overcome. Revelation to me talks about overcoming and not being hurt of the second death ..... those that don't overcome but are called ........ Revelation is addressed to the churches, christians like to think it is addressed to them but all the bad stuff happens to others, not them.

The OT is the history of the physical Israelites national covenant with God, called, disobedient and deposed.

I wonder about the state of christianity and the question I ask is, if God did it to the nation of Israel --- will he do the same to what seems to me the apostate organisation of christianity?
You make some good points Meerkat and it's all things that I take under consideration but as it stands right now I'm still a futurist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 12:08 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,060 times
wow,thanks everyone;I never expected so many responses! I'm reading through them all,even if it takes me awhile.thanks again.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
If a person think all sorts of horrible things are going to happen to people but that THEY are being raptured away... how could that possibly be joy to them if they are commanded to love their neighbor? Would they really find joy in that?? What about their neighbor? What about "love your neighbor"... if your neighbor is not raptured away along with you, where is the love in being JOYFUL while YOU are raptured away from horribleness while your neighbor is "left behind" in the horribleness?

This makes NO sense to me.

UNLESS... you believe that the coming of Christ is good news for ALL people, THEN that would be JOYFUL!

When people talk about the Coming of Christ, they are usually reffering to this time when all the good believers will be whisked away in the air while all the bad unbelievers will go through horrible things. And the people who URGE others to "hurry up and believe" before God takes away all the "good believers" and leaves you behind to suffer, suffer and suffer some more!
THAT Is fear-mongering and nothing BUT.

THERE is NO FEAR in love.

The world suffers for lack of knowledge...

LACK OF THE KNOWLEDGE of LOVE.
That GOD IS LOVE.
That they are valuable, loved and an important part of creation.
THe world needs to know God's love.

Think about what you are SPREADING in this world.
LIGHT or just MORE DARKNESS THAT WE ALREADY HAVE ALL AROUND US.
I'm not sure what to think about end-times,but sparrow,I have to tell you, that was AWESOME!!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
If we are to view revelations literally, then the beast will be easy to spot, not that many multi headed monsters around, just keep an eye out for one of those, a no brainer to me.

One big nuke may even take care of the creature, then we can go about our business. Unless it is Ghidra, then we might need Godzillas help.
ok,silly. LOL!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I keep hearing arguments that man has no free will to act on his own, and if that it true, then it could not be caused by man, but God. Personally I believe man has free will. The tribulation will occur after the rapture when anti-christ rules and the earth is populated by people who rejected God. It is a recepie for war.

Also, there are things which occur and simply cannot be acts of men. For example the black death in Europe killed millions, and it was not an act of man. Earthquakes kill people, and they are not acts of man. Volcanoes erupt, and they are not acts of man. The global flood occurred, and it was not an act of Man. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by fire and brimstone, and it was not an act of man.

Many of the horrors of revelation are natural disasters, which cannot be acts of men.
good point.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 AM

20 posts, read 21,674 times
Default Revelation

First of all, let's start with the lake of fire. The real lake of fire is God's judgment and purification to restore the non-believers to grace and righteousness so that they may enter heaven. As much as people love their friends and family, God loves them even more and because of that, He wants them to know the truth. I explain this in more detail in my article on the lake of fire here: Lake of Fire

As for the rest of the book of Revelation, it takes a long time to explain. I have been working on it chapter by chapter. See my articles so far here: Revelation God Bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity