Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:48 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times

Advertisements

Questions for Annihilation-ists

1. Do you believe people who have died will be resurrected from the grave back into a physical/earthly body before God annihilates them? If so, for what purpose?

2. Does your belief in Annihilation have anything to do with your feeling that a literal eternal fiery hell would be cruel and you just don't believe that God is cruel?

3. Do you have any family and friends who have died that you believe will probably be annihilated because they were either very wicked, or possibly just not believers, such as your nice humanitarian atheist?

4. Are you bothered/grieved by the thought of people you love being destroyed forever and forgotten?

5. Isn't the belief in Annihilation almost like what Atheists believe -- that once you're dead, you're just dead - forever.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:45 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Ok. Let me state this though right off bat. I believe in Conditional Immortality, which is commonly called Annihilation. There are many variations to Annihilationism, just as there are for Universalism. Doctrinal twists so to say.

Quote:
1. Do you believe people who have died will be resurrected from the grave back into a physical/earthly body before God annihilates them? If so, for what purpose?
How God will judge the unbeliever who has died not knowing Jesus is found in Romans 2:14-16. There may be those who lived a life of servitude through love. Those who did not, will be destoyed (put to the second death).

At the same time, for those who ARE knowing of God, yes. They are brought forth and judged, and if found unworthy, destroyed. Probably punished prior, as stated with the 'few blows/stripes' comment by Jesus.

Quote:
2. Does your belief in Annihilation have anything to do with your feeling that a literal eternal fiery hell would be cruel and you just don't believe that God is cruel?
Hell IS eternal. The punishment is NOT. Hope that makes sense. Even those who are punished, are punished based upon their own deeds.

Quote:
3. Do you have any family and friends who have died that you believe will probably be annihilated because they were either very wicked, or possibly just not believers, such as your nice humanitarian atheist?
Yea.

Quote:
4. Are you bothered/grieved by the thought of people you love being destroyed forever and forgotten?
'No more tears' come to mind? They are not remembered.

Quote:
5. Isn't the belief in Annihilation almost like what Atheists believe -- that once you're dead, you're just dead - forever.
Never thought of it that way, but ok.

Strive to enter through the narrow gate! Why go through judgement at ALL? We do not have to.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does NOT come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."-Jesus

Old 01-28-2011, 05:58 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Hot.. just a quick question for now.
Let's say you have a son and your son makes it to heaven. Do you believe you will recognize him as your son? Will you know that you were his father on earth?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:38 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hot.. just a quick question for now.
Let's say you have a son and your son makes it to heaven. Do you believe you will recognize him as your son? Will you know that you were his father on earth?
I don't know. I would like to believe I would, but then again, I don't know if it would really matter.

At the same time, let us presume they didn't make it to heaven.

Then I am sure that no matter how I felt, or even feel in this life, that the tears of them not making it would be no more.

We humans have no idea what PURE joy is, or PURE love is, or PURE blissfulness is. So, it really is hard to equate human emotions to the spiritual realm.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:55 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I don't know. I would like to believe I would, but then again, I don't know if it would really matter.

Then I am sure that no matter how I felt, or even feel in this life, that the tears of them not making it would be no more.

We humans have no idea what PURE joy is, or PURE love is, or PURE blissfulness is. So, it really is hard to equate human emotions to the spiritual realm.
Amen !! .....
Yes when people start putting God at man's level they're treading on shaky grounds !!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen !! .....
Yes when people start putting God at man's level they're treading on shaky grounds !!

Please explain.
peace,
sparrow

Old 01-28-2011, 07:07 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Please explain.
peace,
sparrow
Just what is says, Sparrow ! No explaining needed !!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

Hey Hot, Thanks for answering. I appreciate it, brother.
I didn't want to take heartsongs thread off topic so I started a new one. Take a look if you get a chance and if you have anything to add to it or have some things you'd like to share, please do so.
Peace to you,
sparrow

Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Just what is says, Sparrow ! No explaining needed !!

Hi Cyber.. Since I don't know what you mean, I am sincerely asking you to explain what you meant by your words. I don't understand it, truly.
I don't understand what caused you to say "putting God at man's level"?
What actions are putting God at man's level? And "shaky ground"?
I'm just not understanding.
peace to you,
sparrow

Old 01-28-2011, 07:25 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

Yes, according to Scripture, all will be resurrected from their graves...the righteous who died IN Christ will be resurrected second, after Christ Himself, in their natural bodies, to be changed into spiritual bodies , then the wicked who died WITHOUT Christ, will be resurrected last in their physical body before God throws them into the Lake of Fire, and then they are annihilated.

Those who died IN Christ (brothers and sisters with Christ) will be resurrected at the Great White Throne of Judgement, to be judged by what they did in Jesus' Name. They will be resurrected from their natural bodies to their spiritual bodies...what was corruptable God will make incorruptable...what was mortal, God will "put on" immortality.

Those who died WITHOUT Christ (not brothers or sisters of Christ), the wicked...the unrighteous, will be resurrected at the Great White Throne of Judgement, to be judged according to their deeds...the extent of their judgement will be according to their deeds. Their judgement will have it's place in the Lake Of Fire, for however long God deems necessary to pay for their offences...and then they will mercifully be put to death...annihilated.

Matthew 5:29 And shall come forth, *they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life*, and *they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation*

Those who died WITHOUT Christ, and died with the mark of the beast on their forehead and or hand...and who worshipped the beast, will remain in the Lake of Fire right along with the Beast...the false prophet...the devil and his angels...to suffer eternally together.

...Scripture teaches us that the beast, his angels, the false prophet, and all those who have the mark of the beast and worshipped him will be tormented forever and ever...

Revelation 14:9 And the third Angel followed them saying with a loud voice, if any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is powered out without mixture into the cup of His indignation, and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone, in the presence of the holy Angels and the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of *their* [whose torment...? any man who worshipped the beast and his image, and received his mark in his forehead, or in his hand], torment ascendeth up forever and ever. And *they* [who...? any man who worshipped the beast and his image, and received his mark in his forehead, or in his hand], have no rest day or night, *who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. No where does Scripture say ALL who die not knowing the Lord will burn eternally. Many who died not knowing the Lord will be mercifully and justly annihilated.

Daniel 12:2 And *many* of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, *some* to everlasting life, and *some* to shame and everlasting contempt.

1 Corinthians 15:
50 Brothers and sisters, this is what I mean: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. What decays cannot inherit what doesn't decay.
51 I'm telling you a mystery. Not all of us -->[brothers and sisters IN Christ] will die -->[some of us will still be alive when Jesus comes back], but we-->[brothers and sisters IN Christ] will all-->[brothers and sisters IN Christ] be changed.
52It will happen in an instant, in a split second at the sound of the last trumpet. Indeed, that trumpet will sound, and then the dead will come back to life. They will be changed so that they can live forever--> [those in Christ...brothers and sisters IN Christ].
53This body that decays must be changed into a body that cannot decay. This mortal body must be changed into a body that will live forever.
54When this body that decays is changed into a body that cannot decay, and this mortal body is changed into a body that will live forever, then the teaching of Scripture will come true: "Death is turned into victory!
55Death, where is your victory? Death, where is your sting?"
56Sin gives death its sting, and God's standards give sin its power.
57Thank God that he gives us-->[brothers and sisters IN Christ] Christ.
58So, then, brothers and sisters, don't let anyone move you off the foundation [of your faith]. Always excel in the work you do for the Lord. You know that the hard work you do for the Lord is not pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong
My belief in Annihilation has everything to do with my believing in the Word of God and His truth...over man's. I believe that God is merciful...righteous and just...and His judgements are merciful...righteous and just...and who He deems deserves eternal torment in the fiery pit along with the Beast, the false prophet, and the devil and his angels...He is God and will determine who that is that it will be...and whoever He deems not deserving of eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire, who died not knowing Christ, He will mercifully annihilate.

Quote:
yes.

Quote:
yes.

Quote:
...only I believe we can do something to change that in this life...that's what Christ came for to do...God's precious Gift...to those who will.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 01-28-2011 at 08:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity