U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:24 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,254,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Thinking....are you sure that's still allowed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 05:02 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,973,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Why is there so much arguing in the Christianity forum? Why can't there be just an acceptance of differences?
Because this forum has developed it's own denomination;

"The church of christian anarchy"

Old 01-28-2011, 07:09 PM

5,754 posts, read 4,605,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Well, if you are referring to your locked topic, then all I can say is you didn't TRULY desire to see things from a Annihilationist point of view. You were looking at a trap and bait. What? You don't know enough about it to base an opinion? There are PLENTY of sites out there to give you insight, including the BEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN,,the written Word of God called the Bible.

Nuff said.

Peace, and may you actually find the Truth.

Tony
y'know what I'll send this in a DM instead. Maybe brother Tony is sincerely confused over my post.

Last edited by .sparrow.; 01-28-2011 at 07:21 PM..

Old 01-29-2011, 01:47 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,776,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Why is there so much arguing in the Christianity forum? Why can't there be just an acceptance of differences?
Wow, what a concept!!! I love it!! Some people are more accepting than others, and it appears to me that those who are not accepting are the ones causing all the problems. They think they will go to that eternal torture chamber if they accept something that goes against what they believe. That's a scary thing to have to live with.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:26 AM

58,708 posts, read 32,146,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Wow, what a concept!!! I love it!! Some people are more accepting than others, and it appears to me that those who are not accepting are the ones causing all the problems. They think they will go to that eternal torture chamber if they accept something that goes against what they believe. That's a scary thing to have to live with.
Well, since you don't accept it, then are you the trouble maker?

Old 01-29-2011, 10:45 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,852,493 times
Because just as Moses had to deal with hard hearten, we who now believe in the promised Messiah deal with the same thing.
Your Jewish forefathers rejected God, there are people who reject God and now people still insist they will enter despite their unbelief.
  • Psalm 95:7-11
Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,
as you did that day at Massah in the desert,
where your fathers tested and tried me,
though they had seen what I did.
For forty years I was angry with that generation;
I said, “They are a people whose hearts go astray,
and they have not known my ways.”
So I declared on oath in my anger,
“They shall never enter my rest.”

The warning of unbelief .... Hebrews 3:1-16
Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt?

And with whom was he angry for forty years?

Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert?

And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed ?

So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity