U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:23 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,456,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Ok Miss Blue and I ask this question respectfully. If G-d is a people person then how come he only wants those people who see him in Jesus?

If G-d is a people person why does he not accept those who believe in G-d, just not as Jesus?
June is probably horribly wrong here, but she interpretted Miss Blue's post as saying that people's putting God in a "box" is separate and independent from one's ability to have a relationship with God; that he speaks to "all." --That it doesn't necessarily have to be defined as "Jesus." (Although this is the Christianity subforum, so the overwhelming majority of people will attribute God and any relationship/hearing him as being that of Jesus...)

If I'm wrong on this one, Miss Blue, please clarify. June realizes that you are in a MUCH better position to address this than June is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 09:33 PM

13,467 posts, read 21,222,914 times
Quote:
Ok Miss Blue and I ask this question respectfully. If G-d is a people person then how come he only wants those people who see him in Jesus?

If G-d is a people person why does he not accept those who believe in G-d, just not as Jesus?
I believe that God does accept all people who come to Him in sincerity, and honesty, and IMO that includes those who have never heard about the Son.

Many Christians believe in the Trinity Doctrine in that God is the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.. I don't follow that doctrine simply because it never made sense to me..

BTW..You did good June

Old 01-28-2011, 09:35 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,301,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I believe that God does accept all people who come to Him in sincerity, and honesty, and IMO that includes those who have never heard about the Son.
Thank you for the response!!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 PM

1,839 posts, read 1,715,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Please know that June asks this with absolute respect, okay? --How do you know that it is "God" that you are having this relational conversation with, and not your own psyche? And would anyone be able to tell the difference? --If so, how?
I know it is God because of my soul perceptions. These perceptions have been developed over time... due to the receipt in my soul of His Divine Love. Soul perceptions are very similar to our five senses.

And, yes, you definitely know the difference. For me, I give Him the test... if He fails, then I know I've been duped. Well, like I said, He passes with flying colors every time.

This is a good description of who is God and how it is that I can have this relational conversation with Him:

"God is Soul, and only Soul, which has in it all the attributes of Love and wisdom and thought for the welfare of His creatures. He is a thinking and seeing God, and all the energies of His Soul are used to make men better and happier. As is the natural father of the man a personal father, so is the Great Soul of God, a Personal Father to all his children; and men when they have the development of their souls in the Divine Love will know that God is personal - something more than an all enveloping energy or force or mere manifestation of His existence."

God and His Personality (http://tinyurl.com/ykq857q - broken link)

This message explains a little bit more about soul perceptions:

Jesus Discusses the Importance of Man Cultivating the Soul Perceptions. He Stresses That Spiritual Things Cannot Be Perceived by the Material Mind. (http://tinyurl.com/4qk5lt7 - broken link)

Several months ago, there was a thread that asked if we ever heard God communicate to us. I posted that, yes, I have. The first time was two years ago and this is what I heard: "And everyone shall know that I am their God and I am their Father." Touche'!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:54 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,301,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I know it is God because of my soul perceptions. These perceptions have been developed over time... due to the receipt in my soul of His Divine Love. Soul perceptions are very similar to our five senses.

And, yes, you definitely know the difference. For me, I give Him the test... if He fails, then I know I've been duped. Well, like I said, He passes with flying colors every time.

This is a good description of who is God and how it is that I can have this relational conversation with Him:

"God is Soul, and only Soul, which has in it all the attributes of Love and wisdom and thought for the welfare of His creatures. He is a thinking and seeing God, and all the energies of His Soul are used to make men better and happier. As is the natural father of the man a personal father, so is the Great Soul of God, a Personal Father to all his children; and men when they have the development of their souls in the Divine Love will know that God is personal - something more than an all enveloping energy or force or mere manifestation of His existence."

God and His Personality (http://tinyurl.com/ykq857q - broken link)

This message explains a little bit more about soul perceptions:

Jesus Discusses the Importance of Man Cultivating the Soul Perceptions. He Stresses That Spiritual Things Cannot Be Perceived by the Material Mind. (http://tinyurl.com/4qk5lt7 - broken link)

Several months ago, there was a thread that asked if we ever heard God communicate to us. I posted that, yes, I have. The first time was two years ago and this is what I heard: "And everyone shall know that I am their God and I am their Father." Touche'!

How do you test to see if he fails?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:59 PM

21,280 posts, read 20,917,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June heard this term the other day, and is curious what, if anything, it means to people. As well, June is just curious as to how this God is 'relational.' Lastly, if God is relational, how does (or should it) have an impact among believers, specifically, Christians?

Thanks in advance!
I've never actually heard the term, "a relational God." I'm assuming it is another way of saying "a personal God." To me, it means knowing that God is the literal Father of my spirit and that I am not merely one of His creations but His daughter. It means that He knows me personally, by name, and that He hears me when I talk to Him. He actually listens to what I am saying and cares about my concerns.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:01 PM

21,280 posts, read 20,917,166 times
Quote:
I know this was addressed to Miss Blue, but I hope you don't mind if I respond. I believe God knows and loves each one of us. I don't believe a person has to be a Christian for God to care about him.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 PM

17,800 posts, read 8,905,073 times
Relational expresses the notion or ideology of separation, which resides only within the minds of men; it is not real or actual.
However, it appears to be that which is responsible for the creation of an "us" and "them" mentality.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,825,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Why can't He be both?

John 13:13-15 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Unless you think His remarks were specific to feet washing, I'd say that He was telling us that we should love and serve one another as He did.
Because you would be putting the cart in front of the horse. John 13:13-15 is not grace alone by faith alone as Jesus revealed.

Once you can understand that that is what God requires..then you will understand the correct relationship between faith and fruits of faith. I know you see it as foolish, but as God revealed:

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God,
for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 PM

17,800 posts, read 8,905,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe God knows and loves each one of us.
I don't believe a person has to be a Christian for God to care about him.
Father's Love Letter (You Are My Child)

My Child...

You may not know me, but I know everything about you...Psalm 139:1
I know when you sit down and when you rise up...Psalm 139:2
I am familiar with all your ways...Psalm 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered...Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in my image...Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being...Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring...Acts 17:28
I knew you even before you were conceived...Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose you when I planned creation...Ephesians 1:11-12
You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book...Psalm 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live...Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made...Psalm 139:14
I knit you together in your mother's womb...Psalm 139:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born...Psalm 71:6
I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me...John 8:41-44
I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love...1 John 4:16
And it is my desire to lavish my love on you...1 John 3:1
Simply because you are my child and I am your father...1 John 3:1
I offer you more than your earthly father ever could...Matthew 7:11
For I am the perfect father...Matthew 5:48
Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand...James 1:17
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs...Matthew 6:31-33
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope...Jeremiah 29:11
Because I love you with an everlasting love...Jeremiah 31:3
My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore…Psalm 139:17-18
And I rejoice over you with singing...Zephaniah 3:17
I will never stop doing good to you...Jeremiah 32:40
For you are my treasured possession...Exodus 19:5
I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul...Jeremiah 32:41
And I want to show you great and marvelous things...Jeremiah 33:3
If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me...Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart...Psalm 37:4
For it is I who gave you those desires...Philippians 2:13
I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine...Ephesians 3:20
For I am your greatest encourager...2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles...2 Corinthians 1:3-4
When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you...Psalm 34:18
As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart...Isaiah 40:11
One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes...Revelation 21:3-4
And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth...Revelation 21:3-4
I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus...John 17:23
For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed...John 17:26
He is the exact representation of my being...Hebrews 1:3
He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you...Romans 8:31
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins...2 Corinthians 5:18-19
Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled...2 Corinthians 5:18-19
His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you...1 John 4:10
I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love...Romans 8:31-32
If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me...1 John 2:23
And nothing will ever separate you from my love again...Romans 8:38-39
Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen...Luke 15:7
I have always been Father, and will always be Father...Ephesians 3:14-15
My question is...Will you be my child?...John 1:12-13
I am waiting for you...Luke 15:11-32

Love, Your Heavenly Father God Almighty

Permission to reprint:

1999-2010 www.FathersLoveLetter.com

Last edited by Jerwade; 01-28-2011 at 10:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or