Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:12 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times

Advertisements

In believer relations with the Lord God , when they turn to Jesus and get baptised , the spirit of the Lord comes and co occupies the body of the believers of Jesus who invite him to come ...... When Jesus spirit came to me at first It was the most unusual experience I went through , Like having to get dressed in the presence of the Lords Spirit in my bodiy was humbling as you can imagine ...... or trying to keep from sin or staying out of trouble in the presence of the Lord Spirit , but as time came this relationship was a blessing that is without all measure from the world ideas....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 05:30 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
2. Believe that Jesus is your subsitute from your personal sins ... not some example
Why can't He be both?

John 13:13-15 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Unless you think His remarks were specific to feet washing, I'd say that He was telling us that we should love and serve one another as He did.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:51 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Have you ever been in a relationship? Well a relationship with God/Jesus is far greater than any earthly relationship we could every have with another.

June clearly has had, and is in many relationships now. Perhaps for the sake of clarity she would ask this: In June's relationships, the other is a tangible entity; there is discourse back and forth and both June and other are physically observable and emotionally relational. How, therefore, would those qualities specifically relate and/or parallel to an individual's relationship with God? Part of the quandry is that people seem to put God in a "box." --Either others believe as they do in their relationship witih him, or they are somehow outside of the box. (Am thinking everything from denominational differences to other world religious understandings of God.) Hence, how is it that one can have a "relational" experience of someone intangible, and who is so open to interpretation given such vast differences in one's understanding of him?

Is God relational with everybody even given the discrepancies that exist as regards who and how he is?

(Hope the above makes sense...)

Old 01-28-2011, 05:57 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,337,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June clearly has had, and is in many relationships now. Perhaps for the sake of clarity she would ask this: In June's relationships, the other is a tangible entity; there is discourse back and forth and both June and other are physically observable and emotionally relational. How, therefore, would those qualities specifically relate and/or parallel to an individual's relationship with God? Part of the quandry is that people seem to put God in a "box." --Either others believe as they do in their relationship witih him, or they are somehow outside of the box. (Am thinking everything from denominational differences to other world religious understandings of God.) Hence, how is it that one can have a "relational" experience of someone intangible, and who is so open to interpretation given such vast differences in one's understanding of him?

Is God relational with everybody even given the discrepancies that exist as regards who and how he is?

As a kid, my next door neighbor had 7 children.

I imagine if you asked each of them individually, to explain their relationship to their father ( or mother ), you'd get 7 different answers.

No different, I imagine, than we Christians,
explaining our relationship with God.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:25 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Quote:

June, I don't think the problem is as much as people putting God in a box. The problem as I see it is people put themselves in a box they have built from material provided by man's religions and think their box is the right box with God in it..Being couped up sometimes makes one use unreasonable efforts to bring other men into his box for validation that his box is the right one.

I see God more as a "people person"..He loves people and would never be combined to a box. He is out of the box and among us and in us.

He is not intangible to me. I feel his presence,and see His assistance in things I thought were impossible. I don't have to talk to Him in an audible voice, and I don't try to hear an audible voice from Him because He is in me and I am in Him.

When everyone is against me, He is for me..I think that is about as "relational" as it gets.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
As a kid, my next door neighbor had 7 children.

I imagine if you asked each of them individually, to explain their relationship to their father ( or mother ), you'd get 7 different answers.

No different, I imagine, than we Christians,
explaining our relationship with God.
Now that ^ is a compelling answer....

Just don't know how you do it, Oakback! Must be the bacon....?

Old 01-28-2011, 07:27 PM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
Hence, how is it that one can have a "relational" experience of someone intangible, and who is so open to interpretation given such vast differences in one's understanding of him? Is God relational with everybody even given the discrepancies that exist as regards who and how he is? (Hope the above makes sense...)
To clarify, the "relational" experience with God is from His soul to my soul... His soul speaks to my soul and vice versa. I don't speak to him audibly... I do it through my thoughts. I can hear everything He says like I'm chatting with Him on the phone. I will ask a question about something that I want to know will it happen or won't it... and then He gives me the answer. And His answer is always right. Even when I've doubted Him, I was proven wrong. So He will tell me to have more Faith.

And how do I know I'm speaking to Him? Because when I do, the warmth of His Divine Love flows into my soul as it longs for God's Love.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I will ask a question about something that I want to know will it happen or won't it... and then He gives me the answer.
Please know that June asks this with absolute respect, okay? --How do you know that it is "God" that you are having this relational conversation with, and not your own psyche? And would anyone be able to tell the difference? --If so, how?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
June, I don't think the problem is as much as people putting God in a box. The problem as I see it is people put themselves in a box they have built from material provided by man's religions and think their box is the right box with God in it..Being couped up sometimes makes one use unreasonable efforts to bring other men into his box for validation that his box is the right one.

I see God more as a "people person"..He loves people and would never be combined to a box. He is out of the box and among us and in us.

He is not intangible to me. I feel his presence,and see His assistance in things I thought were impossible. I don't have to talk to Him in an audible voice, and I don't try to hear an audible voice from Him because He is in me and I am in Him.

When everyone is against me, He is for me..I think that is about as "relational" as it gets.
This was an awesome post, and I could not agree with it more. WOW!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:14 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

Ok Miss Blue and I ask this question respectfully. If G-d is a people person then how come he only wants those people who see him in Jesus?

If G-d is a people person why does he not accept those who believe in G-d, just not as Jesus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity