U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:54 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,444,975 times

Advertisements

June heard this term the other day, and is curious what, if anything, it means to people. As well, June is just curious as to how this God is 'relational.' Lastly, if God is relational, how does (or should it) have an impact among believers, specifically, Christians?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 02:00 PM

1,839 posts, read 1,712,065 times
Well, relational means "having a relation"... so God is "relational" because He wants to have a relationship with us, as we are His children... His family. When we get closer to Him and He becomes to us our Father, then this is a relational experience... and I'll add... it's a most wonderful one and I highly recommend it to everyone. Blessings.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:01 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June heard this term the other day, and is curious what, if anything, it means to people. As well, June is just curious as to how this God is 'relational.' Lastly, if God is relational, how does (or should it) have an impact among believers, specifically, Christians?

Thanks in advance!
Hi June,

God is alive. We are alive. He cares about us, teaches us, guides us, helps us, disciplines us. He's for us. We are all in relation to Him, simply because He made us.

He loves us and has given His eternal Life to us. May we all come to know it and enjoy it, as any child would!

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-28-2011, 02:16 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,022,205 times
My understanding and belief of "relational" is one in which I can go to the Father anytime, any place and expect an answer.

Ref: Eph 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Phi 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

If that is not an intimate assurance, then what is?

Blessings, AJ

Old 01-28-2011, 02:21 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,233,863 times
1 John 1:

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 1 John 1:6.

We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 1 John 2:3.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4.

No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. 1 John 3:6.

How do we know if we love Him...? He tells us...

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14: 15.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:32 PM

7,902 posts, read 8,476,106 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Being in relationship with God thru Christ is the core of Christianity. Everything else is secondary

Old 01-28-2011, 03:56 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,959,041 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

If, as I believe, God and Love are synonymous;

what could it be, it not "relational"

Old 01-28-2011, 04:21 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,959,041 times
Words Of Brother Lawrence - www.PracticeGodsPresence.com - The Practice Of The Presence Of God

Old 01-28-2011, 04:23 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
The relation with God that he wants is:

1. Stop rejecting the word.

2. Believe that Jesus is your subsitute from your personal sins ... not some example

3. To fight against the sins that plague you

4. When you fail.. repent daily and rely on the truth that Jesus' mercy that he paid for them

5. Trust in him despite that not everything is understanable or revealed to your limited understanding and satisfaction

6. To spread the truth...John 3:16

7. To call the sinner to repentance

Old 01-28-2011, 05:00 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,899,792 times
Quote:
Have you ever been in a relationship? Well a relationship with God/Jesus is far greater than any earthly relationship we could every have with another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or