U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-28-2011, 07:30 PM
 
151 posts, read 128,021 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
ALL of them are false.
Why are they false
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2011, 07:56 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,371,783 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaman2000 View Post
Why are they false
Because religion is based upon false acceptance and sacrifice, not relationship. I don't need religion BECAUSE I have a relationship that is personal with my Creator.
Religion is sacrifice. Relationship is obedience. I am content where I am. I do not desire anything, nor need anything, but to be closer to God.

People who desire religion are insecure in their beliefs. They feel they must do this and that to HAVE a relationship with God. They feel the need for acceptance. They feel the need to sacrifice, not only their time, but their labors, and even their own thoughts. They tend to accept what is dictated to them, usually by some who has a false power derived from the feeling of, first self empowerment, and then elected empowerment.
Try and ask people who have this power about their beliefs, and watch the crap hit the fan. Either you are in, and accept what you are told,,or you are out.

Thankfully, my King did NOT act this way. My King did NOT start, nor found a religion. He showed us the Way to HAVE, NOW, a real and substantial relationship with the Father. How to be spiritually 'born-again', and what we MUST do to gain His acceptance.

So, this is my take on the whole religion thingy. I personally cannot stand it. More people have died in the names of their perspective religions, and their gods, than ALL natural disasters put together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,296,261 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Because religion is based upon false acceptance and sacrifice, not relationship. I don't need religion BECAUSE I have a relationship that is personal with my Creator.
Religion is sacrifice. Relationship is obedience. I am content where I am. I do not desire anything, nor need anything, but to be closer to God.

People who desire religion are insecure in their beliefs. They feel they must do this and that to HAVE a relationship with God. They feel the need for acceptance. They feel the need to sacrifice, not only their time, but their labors, and even their own thoughts. They tend to accept what is dictated to them, usually by some who has a false power derived from the feeling of, first self empowerment, and then elected empowerment.
Try and ask people who have this power about their beliefs, and watch the crap hit the fan. Either you are in, and accept what you are told,,or you are out.

Thankfully, my King did NOT act this way. My King did NOT start, nor found a religion. He showed us the Way to HAVE, NOW, a real and substantial relationship with the Father. How to be spiritually 'born-again', and what we MUST do to gain His acceptance.

So, this is my take on the whole religion thingy. I personally cannot stand it. More people have died in the names of their perspective religions, and their gods, than ALL natural disasters put together.

yes and I need to say this so many people have died because of your G-d and Christianity.

People who believed in your G-d, just not Jesus. They were killed because they did not believe as the Christians did that they lived with.

So many non Christians killed because of Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,371,783 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
yes and I need to say this so many people have died because of your G-d and Christianity.

People who believed in your G-d, just not Jesus. They were killed because they did not believe as the Christians did that they lived with.

So many non Christians killed because of Christianity.
Oh, I agree with you. This has nothing to do with God our Father, but their own insatiable desires for power and wealth. Mostly power. If people didn't succumb to their beliefs, they were slaughtered.

BUT, it isn't just Christians. It is ALL OF THEM. From the Egyptians, to the Greeks. From the Romans, prior to Christianity, to the Chinese. Myans to Aztecs. Power corrupts. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

Religion,,,ugghh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 08:10 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,296,261 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Oh, I agree with you. This has nothing to do with God our Father, but their own insatiable desires for power and wealth. Mostly power. If people didn't succumb to their beliefs, they were slaughtered.

BUT, it isn't just Christians. It is ALL OF THEM. From the Egyptians, to the Greeks. From the Romans, prior to Christianity, to the Chinese. Myans to Aztecs. Power corrupts. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

Religion,,,ugghh.
Its not all of them. It is Christianity and Islam. I don't know to many other religions who have killed others for being of a different religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM
 
335 posts, read 314,499 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaman2000 View Post
Question; Which religion is false out of all there is, and if false what makes them false?
There is no religion mentioned in scripture.

Judaism evolved from a perversion of the Mosaic Law Covenant. Christian is a descriptive term, not a proper name. This fits with the purpose of Jesus having come in the flesh; to offer his sacrifice, to establish the New Law Covenant, and to set the example for(Christian) behavior; not to start a religion.

Religion is a contrivance of men. It serves men's purposes, primarily.

There is no direction in scripture in which people should subject themselves to uninspired directions, or authority, of people professing to act on behalf of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 02:37 AM
 
910 posts, read 1,043,029 times
Reputation: 117
Agree, all the religions out there are inaccurate in their understanding of God, Christ etc. The very instructions of Christ have been set aside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 03:02 AM
 
Location: 30-40N 90-100W
13,856 posts, read 22,236,543 times
Reputation: 6657
I don't see it as a black/white binary. Most religions contain many beliefs some of which are true and some of which are false. Very few non-Christian religions are simply "false" as they usually have some precepts in accord with right reason or compatible to Christianity.

For a religion to be truly false it would need, I think, to reject both love of God and neighbor. Although not a religion Ayn Rand's Objectivism maybe comes closest to this and possibly so does Nietzsche. Both, as I understand them, are atheistic and based in egoism or selfishness. Of actual religions Scientology may come closest as, judging by what I've read or heard by former members, it doesn't really believe in a God and to an extent is focused on the individual's will for power. By going "clear" the individual gets "on track" to become an "Operating Thetan", which allegedly is about gaining grand personal or even psychic powers. (There's lots of "allegedly" or "I think" in that as Scientology, like the Druze, are something of a "mystery religion" that do not wish their full teaching to be publicly known)

So Scientology is likely a false religion. If you can think of any other atheistic religion that values selfishness, or possibly arrogance too, that's also a false religion. You might feel this is unfair, that compared to say Wahhabi Scientology has had only minor damaging qualities, but I think that's just because a truly false religion is likely not going to be able to reach enough influence to do huge damage. Or something. Anyway I feel most religions are simply deficient and half-true rather than outright false.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 01-29-2011 at 03:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 04:48 AM
 
7,857 posts, read 6,662,302 times
Reputation: 1371
In John 14: 6-14....Jesus said......``I am the way, the truth, and the life, , no man comes to the Father but by me.......I you had known me you should have known my Father also: and from there on you know him and seen him........... Have I been so long with you and yet has you not known me, has seen the Father, and how can you say that then; Show us the Father?......... Believe you not that I am in the Father , and the Father in me? the words that I speak not of myself: but the Father that lives in me, he does the works.........Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works sakes...... Very truly I say to you He that believes on me the works that I do shall he do also , and greater works than these shall he do because I go to my Father....... and what so ever you shall ask in my name that will I do, that my father may be glorified in the Son ..... If you ask anything in my name I will do it.......``............See the miracles and words came from Father God and Jesus was anointed of His Fathers Spirit....... Believers of Jesus will be anointed with the Lord Jesus Spirit who is the Fathers Spirit and all these parts of God are one, and the one true religion is confirmed through the presence of Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of the Father Jesus talked about in these scriptures who did these miracles and Words..... Get Jesus and His Spirit on your life and the truth is there.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2011, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,459 posts, read 21,199,786 times
Reputation: 17675
Religions are based on the image of man, the thoughts of man and the selfrighteousness of man..
Took me over half a lifetime to "get out of her"

Sometimes my heart aches for those who have been drawn into it. But knowing the love and mercy of God I know those will not be held accountable for the sins of the "fathers" of their various religions.
__________________
Moderator of:
Non Romantic Relationships
Parenting, and sub-forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top