U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 09:39 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,933,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
-------------"There is no other name given under heaven by which we must be saved"
not even jesus' fathers Name????
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 AM

1,636 posts, read 1,791,569 times
"false religion" is redundant.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:50 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,933,236 times
i dont think people understand what the word religion means,,,,it has the same meaning and end in mind as the word yoga--(to combine/link up with)or to merge with the supreme,so whatever your doing that is bringin you closer to God,connecting with,then that is religion or yoga,anything else is just sentimental or all in the head and if your religion is not doing this then its not religion.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:04 PM

8,253 posts, read 10,028,932 times
Default Not even Jesus' Father's name???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
not even jesus' fathers Name????
While there are 'a thousand' ways in which people come to Jesus Christ, God has only provided ONE Way for people to come to Him. Jesus spoke of this in John 14:6 ....".... no man comes to the Father except by me."

Thus, Acts 4:12 stands as written, "There is no name given under heaven by which we must be saved."

James further tells us that believing in God, is not enough. He said, "Even the demons know there is one God and tremble" -

Old 01-29-2011, 07:17 PM

21,282 posts, read 20,917,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
There is no religion mentioned in scripture.
Of course there is. It is mentioned perhaps a dozen times throughout both the Old and New Testaments. My favorite reference is James 1:27, which states:

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:34 PM

335 posts, read 314,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Of course there is. It is mentioned perhaps a dozen times throughout both the Old and New Testaments. My favorite reference is James 1:27, which states:

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
My post was in regards to a name of a religion. In modern times religion is an entity of "spiritual" beliefs which is recognized secularly; i.e. rights, freedoms, doctrines, adherrents, and govenmental status (tax/legal).

The OP certainly sounded like a comparison between secular religions. As I said, there is no "religion," as asked for here, mentioned in scripture.

I thought my post made a distinction in behavior with the application of Christlike behavior and principles which is what you alluded to in your post here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity