Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I have said it all along: God is love and God is hate. God will extend love and mercy to those who accept the only way of salvation, the blood of Jesus that stained the old rugged Cross. For those who ultimately reject God's love, then God rises up in hate -- and woe, woe, woe unto those people!

Also, Jesus came as a Lamb the first time, but He will come back the third time as a fierce Lion.
Again, there is not one solution or view. It is a combination of both UR and ET and plenty more. The Bible is replete with cases where God displayed the two perspectives. I find it preposterous that any one side can claim victory in this on going debate. The adulterous woman takes me to UR corner, just like his new covenant to forgive all our sins and deliver all.

Heb 8

Quote:
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10 For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.
It is clear that UR wins in this Bible passage. There are lot more that support the ET point of view.

Again it is wrong to restrict God to just one corner. He is a God of Host, the sum total of our existence.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,546 times
[quote=Finn_Jarber;17633649]That image of God never crossed my mind. At one point God grieved He had created man, but what He did then was far from impotent. He destroyed all but eight individuals.

Genesis 6:6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth--men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air--for I am grieved that I have made them."[/quote]

i think if this was true then God made some really big mistakes,like creating something only to cringe at after creating it,therefore destroying it,also i dont think God feels anything less than ecstatic spiritual bliss,after all His very essence is Love,however i do think that he is not lim ited to feeling commpassion,but commpassion is not a negative emotion,Genesis 6:6,sounds like some old geezer was tellin a story to some kids,and using human emotions to explain something transcendental.maybe the chap who told the story was a bitter man and didnt like gods creation himself.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:47 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
Genesis 6:6,sounds like some old geezer was tellin a story to some kids,and using human emotions to explain something transcendental.maybe the chap who told the story was a bitter man and didnt like gods creation himself.
A lot of people dismiss everything that doesn't agree with their theory about God's character, and they cherry pick and promote the verses which do agree with their view.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A lot of people dismiss everything that doesn't agree with their theory about God's character, and they cherry pick and promote the verses which do agree with their view.

Then, you must search for his Holiness, which is not derived from anthropomorphism.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Then, you must search for his Holiness, which is not derived from anthropomorphism.
anthropomorphism meaning God having human traits? No, I do not believe a human could create a global flood.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
ET and UR are merely theories based on portions of the Word of God while rejecting portions of the word of God. God loves and hates in ways we cannot fathom, His ways are not our ways. We are but small children who are trying to act like adults. We are commanded the go into the world and make disciples, does ET or UR do this or are they stumbling blocks. When I spank my child I call it torture and yes I condone torture. When I let my child play and eat all he wants I call that love. In fact the torture is actually love while the love is actually torture.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
anthropomorphism meaning God having human traits? No, I do not believe a human could create a global flood.
You also do not believe that the Spirit of Christ can change the hearts of ALL MEN throughout the Globe, traditionally based on your human attributes, which are ascribed to the SPIRIT.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Holiness is in the spiritual realm . . . so no physical characteristics apply. Anthropopathisms . . . the assignment of human emotions (especially the negative ones due to psychological weaknesses) are completely unjustified and wrong without any question whatsoever, period. THAT simple unavoidable TRUTH is what people who know the character of God as revealed by Jesus Christ use to interpret the spiritual significance of scripture.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
You also do not believe that the Spirit of Christ can change the hearts of ALL MEN throughout the Globe, traditionally based on your human attributes, which are ascribed to the SPIRIT.
Do you deny the flood? God created the flood. Period. Such acts are a part of God's character.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Do you deny the flood? God created the flood. Period. Such acts are a part of God's character.
Finn, many things are ascribed or humanly attributed to God.
Do you deny that ALL will be saved, and come to the full knowledge of the truth?

"There are absolutes, but it's not what people think for the most part."

Last edited by Jerwade; 01-30-2011 at 03:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity