Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:14 AM

910 posts, read 1,337,528 times

Advertisements

I have always read the festering debates from the two sides of the spectrum and have restrained from commenting until now. The truth is in our Bible. God is a two edged sword. If you remember the story about five blind men feeling out an elephant. Some say it is round, depending on what they are touching, others testify to other characteristics. God is the summation of every phenomenon. God is good and evil, he is a tribulator, he causes grief, he is the one that also cures. If you don't know this, then you have been living on milk - move on and taste the bone!

From the scriptures, a criminal who confessed to the deity of Christ made heaven.. a criminal. Am sure that would be difficult for any rational ET believer to comprehend based on HIS principles alone. But, considering his admonition to love, is it really so far fetched? Love tolerates and God is the epitome of Love. He also forgave his traducers on the cross. If he did not do that, I wonder what would have been the fate of man kind and his own fate. Would he have been glorified by God? My guess is no.

On the flip side, nations and peoples have witnessed God's judgments. We have seen God come down hard on Sodom and Gomorrah for their evil ways. 20,000 died in one day for fornication... fornication. Again the generation of Noah were judged during the deluge, but can you blame God who used Noah to preach for 120years?

I think it is simplistic to assume that in our narrow world of UR and or ET, there is no divine truth in-between. We need to understand that in our different corners we may not know enough and we cannot know enough. There is one truth, but that truth may be an alchemy mixture of UR, ET and much more! Perhaps this explains the truth we see in the Revelations that only one man was worthy to open the book, the man who shed his life for us all. We also learn that only 144,000 were worthy enough to follow him regularly. Think about it... 144,000 virgins. You and I are not worthy and may not be among the virgins but we may be called in simply by his mercy. We may perhaps make up the millions that were also called to rejoice with him in his kingdom. Am willing to bet that some of those millions will be ETs and URs

Knowing these, can we all get along?

Old 01-29-2011, 04:27 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Am willing to bet that some of those millions will be ETs and URs

If you could get everyone in agreement that yes, we will ALL see the kingdom of heaven whether UR or ET, then you might have something. Good luck with that.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:33 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,055 times
um I think it was God Himself who says He never changes..that He is the same yesterday, today and forever..

Old 01-29-2011, 05:50 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,172,148 times
His ways are higher than ours.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:56 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,614,979 times
I strongly disagree with the OP. However, we CAN still get along, no?

UR and ET are mutually exclusive. You can't have a little of both - that makes no sense. That's why it's a hot button issue, especially for the minority group (URs).

Old 01-29-2011, 05:59 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,055 times
yup,IA, FB...God is good,God is love,God is great,every good gift that we receive comes from His hand...etc...I could go on.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:00 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Sorry but God does not torture humans.

We cringe when we hear about the horrible torture that goes on in Iraq. We know the perpetrators are evil. Little children found floating down the Tigris river with drill holes in them.

And you want me to think God can be part Iraqi torturer and part Mother Theresa at the same time?

What kind of two faced God are you trying to get us to believe in?

If I found out my father was torturing little children I would do everything in my power to stop him. The same goes for this heavenly Father you have concocted. I would loath him. I would hate him.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:23 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,172,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
You can't have a little of both - that makes no sense.
Well, I believe the carnal nature (the seed of the first Adam) is God's target of wrath. As He crucified His own Son, so it is with our flesh.

God is not concerned with making us comfortable in this life imo, rather He has purposed to make sons through the trials and fires we face here. I want to side with Him and take each opportunity to ask Him to burn out the old man in me, so that His life is all that remains.

I die daily. (1 Cor 15:31)

Old 01-29-2011, 07:37 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
I have always read the festering debates from the two sides of the spectrum and have restrained from commenting until now. The truth is in our Bible. God is a two edged sword. If you remember the story about five blind men feeling out an elephant. Some say it is round, depending on what they are touching, others testify to other characteristics. God is the summation of every phenomenon. God is good and evil, he is a tribulator, he causes grief, he is the one that also cures. If you don't know this, then you have been living on milk - move on and taste the bone!

From the scriptures, a criminal who confessed to the deity of Christ made heaven.. a criminal. Am sure that would be difficult for any rational ET believer to comprehend based on HIS principles alone. But, considering his admonition to love, is it really so far fetched? Love tolerates and God is the epitome of Love. He also forgave his traducers on the cross. If he did not do that, I wonder what would have been the fate of man kind and his own fate. Would he have been glorified by God? My guess is no.

On the flip side, nations and peoples have witnessed God's judgments. We have seen God come down hard on Sodom and Gomorrah for their evil ways. 20,000 died in one day for fornication... fornication. Again the generation of Noah were judged during the deluge, but can you blame God who used Noah to preach for 120years?

I think it is simplistic to assume that in our narrow world of UR and or ET, there is no divine truth in-between. We need to understand that in our different corners we may not know enough and we cannot know enough. There is one truth, but that truth may be an alchemy mixture of UR, ET and much more! Perhaps this explains the truth we see in the Revelations that only one man was worthy to open the book, the man who shed his life for us all. We also learn that only 144,000 were worthy enough to follow him regularly. Think about it... 144,000 virgins. You and I are not worthy and may not be among the virgins but we may be called in simply by his mercy. We may perhaps make up the millions that were also called to rejoice with him in his kingdom. Am willing to bet that some of those millions will be ETs and URs

You willing to bet? I'll take the bet. I'll bet yout hat not just some will be rejoicing in His Kingdom but that ALL will.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:34 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,248,923 times
the suffering that people take on in this life is the result of our punishment,pain is only temporary and always will be,we reap what we sow,its called justice and torture especially eternal torture dosent fit a God of Love,care and commpassion,our souls are eternal,theyve always existed in some sense,even if for a long time they were just particles of energy,spiritual energy,now we have form and personality,but the soul is still the soul eternal,when we come to realise and experience this soul,we will understand that ALL of life is a part of the Godhead and thats where we came from and thats where we return after,many a lifetime searching and learning on the material platform of existence,thats the way i see it anyway,nothing is coincidence,everything including pain and pleasure happen for a reason,its karmic,its fairer than fair,and its the way the eternal soul learns,even if we dont know we are learning,when we die we can look back at past lives and see our progress!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity