U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 12:16 AM

17,566 posts, read 21,741,355 times

Advertisements

I believe that they can. My late mother in law was no fan of mine. She always said that she was "praying for us."
When I gave birth to my oldest child she was delighted that it was a son, to carry on my husband's name.
Soon after his birth she said "Now that's enough!" in a very authoritative tone.
"One is enough for you!" This from a woman with 4 children.

I thought that this was the beginning of my family but it was the end of my ability to have biological children!

The same thing happened to my husband's brother's wife. she gave birth to one child a son and could have no more. they too wemt on to adopt.

My husband and I began to notice that her prayers felt more like curses!
At one point, my husband even asked her to "stop prating for us" She became enraged and hung up the phone.

What do you think of all of this? She was a Pentecostal - Church of God and not happy that her son had married me, a Lutheran.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 01:55 AM

15,709 posts, read 22,756,161 times
Interesting question. Sends up red flags for me.. I don't understand the psychology behind telling someone you'll pray for them or believe the prayers intent is in their best interest. Personally, if I want to pray on behalf of another, its private, something between myself and a higher power and for the highest good.

If you believe they have the power to cause a negative outcome thru their prayer, its likely a negative outcome may manifest... in other words... an invitation for the darkside.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:56 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,221,612 times
I think that GOD is the Creator and the author of ALL life,and your mil has no bearing above God and what HE wants,thus,her prayers were useless in this case (remember,not all prayers are answered,only those in alignment with God's will),and irrelevant as to the outcome of what actually happened.

Last edited by SC122; 01-30-2011 at 02:05 AM..

Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,221,612 times
I knew you even before you were conceived.
Jeremiah 1:4-5

I chose you when I planned creation.
Ephesians 1:11-12

You were not a mistake,for all your days are written in my book.
Psalm 139:15-16

I determined the exact time of your birth
and where you would live.
Acts 17:26

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139:14

I knit you together in your mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13

And brought you forth on the day you were born.
Psalm 71:6

Old 01-30-2011, 05:01 AM

7,856 posts, read 6,660,208 times
Yes if people pray the will of God for other people, their prayers can be answered as a blessing from Heaven...... What is the will of God? ....Well it is to know the true Character of The Lord God and to know his Words and what he said he would do which is everything WITHIN HIS CHARACTER.......... for example ; is it the will of God to bring life to the world and help protect it? ... Yes is the answer here, So if people are praying to inhibit life then they are out of the will of God and he will not answer their prayers on the issues, which will leave the evil spirits who have authority to inhibit life and who will answer these prayers of inhibiting life which can cause harm, and the Bible calls witchcraft because it rebells against the Word of God ... As in the Bible on 1 Samuel 15: 23..... were King Saul pleased his army over against the Word of God and in verse 19... there he took the spoils of war against what God said for them to do........... See if God cannot answer the prayer then the evil spirits will and they have limited power to answer wrong prayer from Genesis 3:14.. God cursed that the evil spirit ``are cursed above the cattle and above every beast of the field``... this is no below as believed..... One discription of rebellion which is witchcraft come from the old 1970 black sabbath song called ; war pigs; which describs rebellion of witchcraft, but I am not supplying these lyrics here.........So all and all Jesus through his Blood and the prayers that can cover believer from these curses that people pray wrong or people who speak evil against you. Jesus will cover you and brake them off curses with your prayers......

Old 01-30-2011, 12:20 PM

So hljc, her prayers were not answered by The Lord they were ignored.
They were redirected to the "darkside" as virgood called it. {redirected is my word for it)

And has I thought she has put curses on the wive's of her son's.
Her reasons came out of her own mouth at different times.
One I mentioned, to carry on the family name
The other - again this she spoke on many occasions - to not put too much stress on her son's financially.
The last was that she personally felt daughters were pleasing and brought joy to a mother.
Sons did that for a father.
I will pray as you suggested.
I have only two children and quite frankly, I still feel cheated out of having more of more children.

She WAS a sort of sorcerer after all and used Christianity, and the strictest most restrictive kind to hide behind. So she could wear her piety on her sleeve.

No wonder when ever she said "WE LOVE YOU!" I cringed.
I felt that she was saying the very opposite,

Old 01-30-2011, 02:09 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,186 times
Just a thought Sheena,
bless her! It will set you free and glorify God on your behalf. -And you might help her to have a change of heart!

Blessings sis!
Brian

Old 01-30-2011, 02:15 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,808,279 times
Sheena12,

No, God doesn't allow a prayer from another person to harm another. That would infer that God is doing something evil. James 1:12-14

Old 01-30-2011, 02:24 PM

I can't bless her, she has passed on.
I know that the Lord did not answer her manipulative prayers.
They were answered by evil spirits os the devil.
Her curses have and continue to effect our life.
We even had two failed adoptions? It is all making sence to me now.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:38 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,224,691 times
No, but I'm sure many a good christian has given it their all attempting to use their god to seek revenge.

Same is true for the opposite.

Moderator cut: definatley an edit

Is it really any different than people that believe that Voodoo curses have any merit.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-30-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity