U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:08 AM

21,288 posts, read 20,933,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
The rest of Christianity was built on the shoulders of Catholicism. If the Catholics got it wrong back then, then all protestants absolutely have NO chance of getting it right today because they would be built on a house of cards from false creeds and a useless, unreliable Bible.
I would agree that Protestantism could not be possibly be correct.

Quote:
But, if in fact the Catholic Church did get it right, then why wouldn't you be Catholic?
If I believed the Catholic Church got it right, juj, I would most certainly be a Catholic.

Quote:
Either it's all wrong or the Catholics have the Truth.
What kind of logic is that? The fact that the Protestants have it wrong does not mean that the Catholics have it right.

Quote:
To me, it's a binary decision. But, I am a simple man.
Evidently that's the case. Too bad life's not binary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 12:40 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,653,294 times
What about those of us who are neither Catholic or Protestant?

Bud

Old 02-01-2011, 01:21 PM
juj juj started this thread

1,657 posts, read 2,286,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
What about those of us who are neither Catholic or Protestant?

Bud
Q: Are you Christian? Do you use a Bible as your sole source of Truth?

A: If you answered yes to those two questions, you're screwed. (Assuming of course you believe the Catholics got it wrong.)

Old 02-01-2011, 01:32 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,162,182 times
Doesn't everyone believe that their denomination is the only true denomination? I mean, if you didn't believe that you were following the truth - wouldn't belong to a different denomination?

Old 02-01-2011, 04:44 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,653,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Q: Are you Christian? Do you use a Bible as your sole source of Truth?

A: If you answered yes to those two questions, you're screwed. (Assuming of course you believe the Catholics got it wrong.)
Yes I'm a Christian. Yes, I think the Bible is truth. And no, I don't believe I'm "screwed", as you say. And yes I think the Catholics got it wrong. I don't believe Jesus started a church that you can see with your eyes (RCC, for example), but rather a church (group of believing people) in the hearts of men and women...not just in Rome, but in several places all at the same time. I don't believe Peter was the first "Pope" as Catholics claim. (or a Pope at all, for that matter) I think the RCC we have today is totally a man-made institution.

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or