U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 AM

7,544 posts, read 11,586,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Well, if we find life on other planets, hopefully we'll treat it with respect...
No way, sorry to say.

We'll seek it out for energy sources and other disposable goods, and ultimately destroy it in like manner.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:20 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,697,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
There is a reason why it's called .... science fiction

So was space travel at one time.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:53 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,848,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
if we are the only life in the universe,then why is God creating galaxys that afre so far away that nothing here can experience,we cant even experience the fullness of this galaxy,bye sight yes(with telescope) but not bye travel,why is God creating stuff that has no purpose,like a liflesass galaxy that is billions of light years from us.BTW,they are rapidly finding these earth-like planets,some of them are being called super-earths,because of there size.
IMO .... It's part of God's will to frustrate the intellegent.

1 Corinthians 1:19
For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”

1 Corinthians 3:20
and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.”

Old 01-31-2011, 12:55 PM

10,228 posts, read 10,602,208 times
Quote:
if we are the only life in the universe,then why is God creating galaxys that afre so far away that nothing here can experience,we cant even experience the fullness of this galaxy,bye sight yes(with telescope) but not bye travel,why is God creating stuff that has no purpose,like a liflesass galaxy that is billions of light years from us.BTW,they are rapidly finding these earth-like planets,some of them are being called super-earths,because of there size.
Perhaps God's eternal plan is that after we die we will all be teamed with a mate, like Adam and Eve, and go out to populate all those galaxies with Godly children for all eternity. Then the quadrillions of galaxies out there will not be going to waste. How would you like that? I would.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:05 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,848,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So was space travel at one time.
Yea...nor has there been any attempt since the moon landings for manned space excursions because of the inability for human body to exist for any length of time outside of gravity that isn't a "stones throw" from earth.

To think that any other form of life like animal\human can defy universal rules is ......... science fiction

Old 01-31-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Yea...nor has there been any attempt since the moon landings for manned space excursions because of the inability for human body to exist for any length of time outside of gravity that isn't a "stones throw" from earth.

To think that any other form of life like animal\human can defy universal rules is ......... science fiction
Another planet like ours would not be defying any rules, our inability NOW to travel unimaginable distances has nothing to do with it being impossible.

Like I said, the point is that we have traveled in space which at one time was as inconceivable as your making all this out to be, and yet it happened. So the evidence is greater for it being possible than it is impossible. There was once a time where it was thought impossible for a vehicle to even go 60 mph.

So the assertion that it is impossible as you are implying has no true basis in any theoretical fact, only a belief based on opinion.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
IMO .... It's part of God's will to frustrate the intellegent.

1 Corinthians 1:19
For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”

1 Corinthians 3:20
and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.”

While millions starve to death, we spend billions trying to find the origins of the universe.

God will judge us on how much we tolerated, but I honestly don't know what we can do to stop certain pursuits of science.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
While millions starve to death, we spend billions trying to find the origins of the universe.

God will judge us on how much we tolerated, but I honestly don't know what we can do to stop certain pursuits of science.

If money was all it took to cure hunger in the world it would already have been solved.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
If money was all it took to cure hunger in the world it would already have been solved.
True, it takes a heart for people as well.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:54 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,229,641 times
Quote:

do you think that we are the only sinners in the universe
yes.so all else is moot.

Quote:
,an if not then would Jesus have to gone to other planets???was adam's sin only effecting this planet or was it effecting human species on other planets.

this is a serious question,we are but a tiny speck in our galaxy,our galaxy is but a tiny speck in the universe,and God only knows how many universes there are,our galaxy is 100,000 lightyears across,that means it would take us 100,000 years to go from one end to the other,that is if we were traveling at the speed of light,astronomers are starting to find earthlike planets in our galaxy,wether we can reach them is a different story,the nearest earthlike planet that they have found would take us 75,000 years to reach with our fastest interstellership,which is actually a lightweight space telescope.but who knows maybe they can reach us,ET phone homosapiens.i wonder what religious doctrines they'd be bringing with them.
I dunno,but while it seems huge to US, numbers mean little to God..look at the fact you have billions of cells in your body,yet you are only one human.

btw,I think God DID answer that q for us,with the verses:

The heavens declare the glory of God,and the firmament showeth His handywork.

iow-it's all about US! there's no one else there...I made all this to show you how great and mighty I am!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or