U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 06:55 AM

1,838 posts, read 1,935,204 times

Advertisements

do you think that we are the only sinners in the universe,an if not then would Jesus have to gone to other planets???was adam's sin only effecting this planet or was it effecting human species on other planets.

this is a serious question,we are but a tiny speck in our galaxy,our galaxy is but a tiny speck in the universe,and God only knows how many universes there are,our galaxy is 100,000 lightyears across,that means it would take us 100,000 years to go from one end to the other,that is if we were traveling at the speed of light,astronomers are starting to find earthlike planets in our galaxy,wether we can reach them is a different story,the nearest earthlike planet that they have found would take us 75,000 years to reach with our fastest interstellership,which is actually a lightweight space telescope.but who knows maybe they can reach us,ET phone homosapiens.i wonder what religious doctrines they'd be bringing with them.

Last edited by dobeable; 01-31-2011 at 07:03 AM..

Old 01-31-2011, 07:59 AM

13,469 posts, read 21,248,420 times
I believe there is life elsewhere out there somewhere. I just cannot imagine that God created only one planet for life to exist on.

Maybe we are never meant to know one another at least in this lifetime, then who knows?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:44 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,845,798 times
There is a reason why it's called .... science fiction

Old 01-31-2011, 10:06 AM

987 posts, read 881,073 times
Finding out there has been life on other planets would be very humbling for us for sure. All we can do now is speculate. For sure it is a universe far beyond our imagination to comprehend. For me, I just hope to be able to explore the vast wonders of this earth in that future life, which in this life I have been unable to do other than books or documentaries. God is incomprehensible in His power and design. What an awesome journey will unfold as we get to behold what lies beyond this small speck of dust we call earth.

God bless.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:19 AM

1,903 posts, read 1,293,039 times
Well, if we find life on other planets, hopefully we'll treat it with respect, instead of telling whoever or whatever they are that they're wrong, trying to forcibly convert them, or "shun" them because their beliefs are not the same, like we do people on this planet. Especially if we go to their planet!

I am speaking of "we" in broad generalities.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I believe there is life elsewhere out there somewhere. I just cannot imagine that God created only one planet for life to exist on.

Maybe we are never meant to know one another at least in this lifetime, then who knows?
yeah i agree,and if He did then what a waiste of space!!!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
There is a reason why it's called .... science fiction
if we are the only life in the universe,then why is God creating galaxys that afre so far away that nothing here can experience,we cant even experience the fullness of this galaxy,bye sight yes(with telescope) but not bye travel,why is God creating stuff that has no purpose,like a liflesass galaxy that is billions of light years from us.BTW,they are rapidly finding these earth-like planets,some of them are being called super-earths,because of there size.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:36 AM

30,334 posts, read 20,066,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
if we are the only life in the universe,then why is God creating galaxys that afre so far away that nothing here can experience,we cant even experience the fullness of this galaxy,bye sight yes(with telescope) but not bye travel,why is God creating stuff that has no purpose,like a liflesass galaxy that is billions of light years from us.BTW,they are rapidly finding these earth-like planets,some of them are being called super-earths,because of there size.
I tend to believe(i'm open to be proved wrong) there is not any other form of life out there. I also believe there is purpose for far away galaxy's out there, to teach us not to limit Him in our thoughts. I am believing more and more by the day that we have not scratched the surface of the great I AM.We all should possess the heart of the discoverer's and explorer's so that we do not limit God in our mind.

He is the God of Abundance, the God of Above and Beyond,the God who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:52 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,091,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
doeable, you mustn't just blandly assume that we're necessarily limited to the speed of light,. There may well be time-and-space warp points (worm holes, as they are identified in science and science fiction). Such openings might well afford us the ability to leap across the universe at will.

In addition, a French astrophysicist and his colleagues a few years ago claim (in a published paper) to have, briefly, accelerated an elemental particle past the speed of light. Like all good science hypotheses, it's currently under review, perhaps at that danged LHC "thingy", and this work may shed new light on hyper-space travel speeds. After all, Einstein has been shown to wrong, or at least limited, on several of his conclusions.

I mean, what if, huh? Then you could pop over and visit your Aunt Flora and Uncle Fauna in outer Galaxia V for the weekend.

(BTW, scientists have only been able to see hints, as in shadows, or consequential gravitational wobbles in the suns they are observing, of planets that seem to be approximately the right size and distance from approximately similar-sized and similar-output suns to ours. This potentially means they might be able to support life, if conditions are OK (an atmosphere, water, good light, etc.). Or not.

But statistics would suggest that, if life arose out of chaos, so might other life, somewhere else. It might not even be DNA based, which would be fascinating, since it still would have to be capable of Evolution if it were to survive the inevitable changes that occur after the birth of a new planet. This is another ignored argument for Evolution: if we were just a static, non-evolving set of fixed organisms, we'd have been long gone.

i.e: No adaptability built in? Poof: extinct with the dinosaurs. We necessarily had to be adaptable little rodents for sure!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...x367_popup.jpg

an early visitor:

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures...ent--75539.jpg

"Hi, great-great-great^20 power Uncle Rodee!"

Old 01-31-2011, 11:52 AM

7,544 posts, read 11,583,644 times
When I think about creation's perfection (the Milky Way, our Sun, Earth's perfect position in rotation), there's no way in my mind that this could be an "accident" - so it's entirely up to Him if He wants more praise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or