U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2011, 07:36 AM
 
138 posts, read 139,321 times
Reputation: 23

Advertisements

Freewill is what Christian children don't get until they become a teenage atheist.

Freewill is discovering Prince Charles is your father.
 
Freewill is a starving African child dying of AIDS.
 
Freewill is a 12 year old Asian prostitute helping her family make enough money for food.
 
Freewill is my dead brother who made a decision to stand in the path of a stray bullet.
 
Freewill is deciding to burn up or jump out of a window the day the twin towers were attacked.
 
Freewill is forcing soldiers to Iraq to die and allow other people to have freewill until they die.
 
Freewill is believing Jesus made a decision to be crucified and killed so they can keep sinning.
 
Freewill is hoping many of the scriptures are wrong about the chosen ones of God.
 
Freewill is thinking that prophesies are for everyone who reads them.
 
Freewill is having sexual intercourse with your three daughters every Saturday night before you preach the next day.
 
Freewill is not exercised when the jet you're traveling on is freefalling into the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
 
Freewill is necessary for a Christian who makes a decision for his gods.
 
Freewill is not necessary when God is giving you commands to obey.
 
Freewill is similar to evolution but worse.
 
Freewill is a thought that excludes God's plan.
 
Freewill is unimportant to babies who know their parents will take care of their needs.
 
Freewill is important to adults who don't know the Father who can take care of their needs.
 
Freewill is something that disappears when the will of God is forced to be obeyed.
 
Freewill is no match for the will that can destroy the earth to get rid of all those freewill ideas.
  
Freewill is being a ten year old girl named Jackie who decides to be a super star opera singer.
 
Freewill is asking your father which jet you can use to take your girlfriend to a night out in Paris.
 
Freewill is a convenient idea for Christians who have no understanding of God's power.

Freewill is given up on the day you're no longer free to make anymore decisions.

 
Old 01-31-2011, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,109,662 times
Reputation: 866
Wow!

Free will is seeing that no one wants to touch this thread!!

I was just thinking about how people preach free will but then say we must not think "different" thoughts!

God is bigger than our puny wills. I'm quite convinced of it!
thank the Lord for His Unspeakable Gift!!

Blessings,
brian
 
Old 01-31-2011, 12:53 PM
 
138 posts, read 139,321 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Wow!

Free will is seeing that no one wants to touch this thread!!

I was just thinking about how people preach free will but then say we must not think "different" thoughts!

God is bigger than our puny wills. I'm quite convinced of it!
thank the Lord for His Unspeakable Gift!!

Blessings,
brian

The idea of free will is putting God's plans down. People think they make their own lives without ever thinking about people who can't make their own lives. Therea are many babies born who will never be able to take care of themselves, let alone have free will to live it.

God needed a delusion in this age so he made our bodies with all these genetic traits that would confuse our thoughts that he created us with. With everyone's thoughts deceived, they become liars, which sounds bad but when everyone is lying, then it's no big deal.

The only reason God needed this age was to reveal himself in the flesh of certain people he chose during his planning. The flesh of his prophets, Jesus and us saints could hear the truth in our minds when all of us were liars. I was a liar for 29 years but I heard his voice every single time he gave me commands. If we were all speaking the truth, then it wouldn't be necessary to have this age because we're all going to speak the truth in the next age because of this knowledge we're getting in this age.

When we wake up in our new bodies that won't have memory in them, we will depend on this knowledge for guiding us to form a new vocabulary and language. With this new language, God can start speaking through us again so we'll get more knowledge each day we speak to each other. When we're ready, a new couple will be formed in the flesh like Adam and Eve. We'll teach them the new language and they'll also mate according to God's will, and this will start the process of birthing God's people into paradise.

God created man, both male and female, which are only thoughts in God. This man will be born with two bodies of the opposite sex and they will be partners forever. When they get old enough, God will give them the desire to mate and they will help produce more people and eventually, all God's people will be living in their new bodies for eternity.
 
Old 01-31-2011, 01:24 PM
 
335 posts, read 314,572 times
Reputation: 110
On another thread you claim that people have no choice, but that God has planned or predetermined everything.

Now you try to explain Freewill as having relevance.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round..."
 
Old 01-31-2011, 03:42 PM
 
138 posts, read 139,321 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
On another thread you claim that people have no choice, but that God has planned or predetermined everything.

Now you try to explain Freewill as having relevance.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round..."

This freewill writing is a sarcastic approach to revealing the truth that there is no free will.

Go read it again until you understand that it's impossible that free will can be a part of God's will.
 
Old 01-31-2011, 03:47 PM
 
335 posts, read 314,572 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhulk View Post
This freewill writing is a sarcastic approach to revealing the truth that there is no free will.
Okay. It wasn't prefaced that way, so I didn't take it the way you meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhulk View Post
Go read it again until you understand that it's impossible that free will can be a part of God's will.
I understand where you are coming from after reading post #3. I don't necessarliy agree, but it is your thread. I'll let others comment.
 
Old 01-31-2011, 04:45 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,286,831 times
Reputation: 420
Cause - effect
Effect - cause
 
Old 01-31-2011, 04:49 PM
 
20,299 posts, read 15,647,071 times
Reputation: 7409
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhulk View Post
This freewill writing is a sarcastic approach to revealing the truth that there is no free will.

Go read it again until you understand that it's impossible that free will can be a part of God's will.
Free will is nothing more or less than the ability to make choices between one thing or another thing. Forget about the philosophical assertations of what free will is supposed to be.

God made man in His own image. This refers to the fact that just as God has certain invisible but real attributes, man also has certain invisible but real attributes. Man's soul essence consists of mentality, conscience, self-consciousness, emotion, and volition or free will.

God desires a relationship with man which is based on reciprocal love. God wanted wanted man to be able to freely come to Him. This is only possible if man is free to choose for or against Him in response to the gospel (unbelievers), or in response to Bible doctrine (believers).

The fact that there are circumstances in the world which are beyond an individuals control is completely irrelevant with regard to whether man has free will. There are things that can be changed, and there are things which can not be changed.

Whether or not a person can change some particular circumstance in his life, or in the world, he can always choose how he responds or reacts to it.

With regard to the plan of God, the unbeliever uses his free will, his volition to respond to the gospel or to reject it. The believer uses his free will to make decisions to learn and apply Bible doctrine so that he can advance spiritually, or to reject Bible doctrine and never make any progress in his spiritual life. Those are the two issues for which purpose man was created and placed on this earth.

Those situations you listed in the first post are simply the outworking of man's volition in human history.

Human suffering exists because of your own decisions, because of other peoples decisions, because this is the devils world, and because sometimes bad things just happen. That's life. Your mental attitude in the midst of suffering is a matter of your own volition. Also, for the believer who is growing spritually, God brings suffering for blessing. Suffering can accelerate the believers spiritual growth.

Man's free will is the basic issue in the angelic conflict-the invisible warfare involving God, Satan, angels, demons, and mankind. Actually it's more of a courtroom trial in which Satan is attempting to present his case before God. In human history God is allowing Satan to attempt to prove that he can control this world of which he is for the moment, the ruler of. And that causes much of the suffering in the world. It is man's free will that resolves the angelic conflict.
 
Old 01-31-2011, 05:01 PM
 
138 posts, read 139,321 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Free will is nothing more or less than the ability to make choices between one thing or another thing. Forget about the philosophical assertations of what free will is supposed to be.

God made man in His own image. This refers to the fact that just as God has certain invisible but real attributes, man also has certain invisible but real attributes. Man's soul essence consists of mentality, conscience, self-consciousness, emotion, and volition or free will.

God desires a relationship with man which is based on reciprocal love. God wanted wanted man to be able to freely come to Him. This is only possible if man is free to choose for or against Him in response to the gospel (unbelievers), or in response to Bible doctrine (believers).

The fact that there are circumstances in the world which are beyond an individuals control is completely irrelevant with regard to whether man has free will. There are things that can be changed, and there are things which can not be changed.

Whether or not a person can change some particular circumstance in his life, or in the world, he can always choose how he responds or reacts to it.

With regard to the plan of God, the unbeliever uses his free will, his volition to respond to the gospel or to reject it. The believer uses his free will to make decisions to learn and apply Bible doctrine so that he can advance spiritually, or to reject Bible doctrine and never make any progress in his spiritual life. Those are the two issues for which purpose man was created and placed on this earth.

Those situations you listed in the first post are simply the outworking of man's volition in human history.

Human suffering exists because of your own decisions, because of other peoples decisions, because this is the devils world, and because sometimes bad things just happen. That's life. Your mental attitude in the midst of suffering is a matter of your own volition. Also, for the believer who is growing spritually, God brings suffering for blessing. Suffering can accelerate the believers spiritual growth.

Man's free will is the basic issue in the angelic conflict-the invisible warfare involving God, Satan, angels, demons, and mankind. Actually it's more of a courtroom trial in which Satan is attempting to present his case before God. In human history God is allowing Satan to attempt to prove that he can control this world of which he is for the moment, the ruler of. And that causes much of the suffering in the world. It is man's free will that resolves the angelic conflict.

As long as you keep believing in your lies instead of the truth of God, you will stay deceived until the day you die.
 
Old 01-31-2011, 05:47 PM
 
20,299 posts, read 15,647,071 times
Reputation: 7409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Free will is nothing more or less than the ability to make choices between one thing or another thing. Forget about the philosophical assertations of what free will is supposed to be.

God made man in His own image. This refers to the fact that just as God has certain invisible but real attributes, man also has certain invisible but real attributes. Man's soul essence consists of mentality, conscience, self-consciousness, emotion, and volition or free will.

God desires a relationship with man which is based on reciprocal love. God wanted wanted man to be able to freely come to Him. This is only possible if man is free to choose for or against Him in response to the gospel (unbelievers), or in response to Bible doctrine (believers).

The fact that there are circumstances in the world which are beyond an individuals control is completely irrelevant with regard to whether man has free will. There are things that can be changed, and there are things which can not be changed.

Whether or not a person can change some particular circumstance in his life, or in the world, he can always choose how he responds or reacts to it.

With regard to the plan of God, the unbeliever uses his free will, his volition to respond to the gospel or to reject it. The believer uses his free will to make decisions to learn and apply Bible doctrine so that he can advance spiritually, or to reject Bible doctrine and never make any progress in his spiritual life. Those are the two issues for which purpose man was created and placed on this earth.

Those situations you listed in the first post are simply the outworking of man's volition in human history.

Human suffering exists because of your own decisions, because of other peoples decisions, because this is the devils world, and because sometimes bad things just happen. That's life. Your mental attitude in the midst of suffering is a matter of your own volition. Also, for the believer who is growing spritually, God brings suffering for blessing. Suffering can accelerate the believers spiritual growth.

Man's free will is the basic issue in the angelic conflict-the invisible warfare involving God, Satan, angels, demons, and mankind. Actually it's more of a courtroom trial in which Satan is attempting to present his case before God. In human history God is allowing Satan to attempt to prove that he can control this world of which he is for the moment, the ruler of. And that causes much of the suffering in the world. It is man's free will that resolves the angelic conflict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhulk View Post
As long as you keep believing in your lies instead of the truth of God, you will stay deceived until the day you die.
Oh Good Gravy Marie!!!

If anyone is interested in why man was created and why man has free will, and why human history plays out as it does, go to my thread and learn something about the angelic conflict. The Angelic Conflict; the Spiritual Warfare

I think that I shall not post again on this particular thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top