U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2011, 02:21 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,046,369 times
Reputation: 17783

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Personally I have never met anyone with that understanding of being born again.
Let me retract my questions to you in my last post....
I know what you are saying !!! Matter fact after posting my questions to you I realize what you posted is so true. It is very evident here in this forum.

Many people can quote scripture and have somewhat a comprehension, yet, when you listen to them for a while you catch they do not have the spiritual understanding.... of the very things they are talking about or quoting..... they lack the Holy Spirit to give them discernment what is of the flesh understanding and Spirit' understanding !! And to why we read so many false teachings in this forum !!!

Blessings....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2011, 02:23 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,046,369 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, it is a spiritual re-birth. That is what I also believe. I just said I do not know anyone who believes what the other posters said most Christians believe about being born again (simply believe the bible).
Gotcha....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 02:30 PM
 
37,553 posts, read 25,268,086 times
Reputation: 5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Are you serious ? Do you understand it ?
. . .

We must be helped by the Spirit to understand spiritual things..... amen !
You are confusing "Born of God" with "Born again" of the Spirit. The meaning of "born of God" is usually confused with "born again." "Born of God" is gennaō (begotten . . . as in "inseminated") . . . which means "to be conceived by" . . . as a spiritual embryo. This is what those who call themselves "born again" while still in the flesh are actually referring to . . . NOT our eventual rebirth as Spirit . . . which only occurs upon our physical death . . . like Jesus. Our Spiritual Embryos must mature sufficiently to be born. It is our actions in "love of God and each other" that achieves that spiritual maturation and determines what we have "built upon the foundation of Jesus"(wood, hay, stubble or gold, silver, etc.)

1 John 3:9 (King James Version)

9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 4:7
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of Godand knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

This is such a perfect verse for highlighting the importance of ACTIONS.

1 John 3:18

18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.


As to the "Born Again" referred to :

John 3:5-8 (King James Version)

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.


How many of your claimed "born agains" are flitting around like the wind in their fleshy bodies??? Jesus said there was a baptism He had to be baptised with prior to His crucifixion . . . that was the baptism of death which we also must endure.

Romans 6:4 (King James Version)

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Our job is to develop the spiritual maturity and self-control to "love God and each other" as often and in as many situations and circumstances as possible, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,520 posts, read 31,917,431 times
Reputation: 9413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Let me retract my questions to you in my last post....
I know what you are saying !!! Matter fact after posting my questions to you I realize what you posted is so true. It is very evident here in this forum.

Many people can quote scripture and have somewhat a comprehension, yet, when you listen to them for a while you catch they do not have the spiritual understanding.... of the very things they are talking about or quoting..... they lack the Holy Spirit to give them discernment what is of the flesh understanding and Spirit' understanding !! And to why we read so many false teachings in this forum !!!

Blessings....
Yes, there are such people, and they call themselves Chirstian, but not 'born again Christian'. When someone tells me they are Christian, I like to know if they are born again Christian, or just born into a Christian family. But of course I don't go around asking people to prove their spiritual status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 02:54 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,422 posts, read 29,558,654 times
Reputation: 29942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post

Many people can quote scripture and have somewhat a comprehension, yet, when you listen to them for a while you catch they do not have the spiritual understanding.... of the very things they are talking about or quoting..... they lack the Holy Spirit to give them discernment what is of the flesh understanding and Spirit' understanding !! And to why we read so many false teachings in this forum !!!

Blessings....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,112,960 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are confusing "Born of God" with "Born again" of the Spirit. The meaning of "born of God" is usually confused with "born again." "Born of God" is gennaō (begotten . . . as in "inseminated") . . . which means "to be conceived by" . . . as a spiritual embryo. This is what those who call themselves "born again" while still in the flesh are actually referring to . . . NOT our eventual rebirth as Spirit . . . which only occurs upon our physical death . . . like Jesus. Our Spiritual Embryos must mature sufficiently to be born. It is our actions in "love of God and each other" that achieves that spiritual maturation and determines what we have "built upon the foundation of Jesus"(wood, hay, stubble or gold, silver, etc.)

1 John 3:9 (King James Version)

9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 4:7
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of Godand knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

This is such a perfect verse for highlighting the importance of ACTIONS.

1 John 3:18

18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.


As to the "Born Again" referred to :

John 3:5-8 (King James Version)

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.


How many of your claimed "born agains" are flitting around like the wind in their fleshy bodies??? Jesus said there was a baptism He had to be baptised with prior to His crucifixion . . . that was the baptism of death which we also must endure.

Romans 6:4 (King James Version)

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Our job is to develop the spiritual maturity and self-control to "love God and each other" as often and in as many situations and circumstances as possible, period.
Mystic,
Thank you for posting Romans 6.4 again. Just as Christ was raised from the dead, so too mankind has been raised from the dead which resulted from Adam 1.

Adam 2 has given mankind life! We can see exactly what Christ gave to the world at His resurrection here in Ephesians 2:

"4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."


So aisi, God has done 3 things with mankind through Jesus Christ (Adam 2), which are listed above:



1) He quickened mankind
2) He raised mankind up
3) He made mankind to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.


May we all walk in the Life of the Son today! Praise God!!
(I'm just a bit excited about it all..)



Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 03:21 PM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,046,369 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, there are such people, and they call themselves Chirstian, but not 'born again Christian'. When someone tells me they are Christian, I like to know if they are born again Christian, or just born into a Christian family. But of course I don't go around asking people to prove their spiritual status.
Yes, many do..... actually you don't even have to ask the Spirit of God will give you the discernment right away.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top