U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2011, 07:54 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,688,799 times
Reputation: 639

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
A great many watchmen are convinced that the Sudden Destruction of the United States by the New World Order elite is now at the doorstep, and the one-world government, headed up by Obama

And of course these watchmen were convinced that George Bush Senior was the anti-christ when he used the words one world order.

WOOOOOooooooOOOOOooooo

The boogie man Obama is coming to get us OOOOOOoooooOOOooooo


To bad religious crackpots have such success in poisioning young minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2011, 02:28 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,573,273 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
I am on the mailing list of Ron Reese and If you want to know I was also eagerly waiting for the Rapture to take place at the end of October before the midterm elections... soon after that, I admitted that No one knows the day and hour of when it will take place.. in fact it will be an average day --- unexpected day as scriptures tell us. (as in the days of Noah /Lot...)
I no longer give much credit to suggested Rapture dates, (no matter which Bible scholar suggests) and as you can see I didn't even put any dates in the first post for this very reason.
But this is ONLY the Rapture we cannot know exactly.
We are in the tribulation and therefore we know when it began and when it concludes, and I'm not saying this because that's what some watchmen suggest (for there are many knowing this already..) but clearly if you study it, if you spend some time on it, all the signs, all the evidence and all the calculations are pointing towards (October 29 2008 - April 11 2012 - September 23 2015) as the entrenched timeframe of the tribulation that God let us know, with Barack Obama being the Antichrist. and I just won't start a debate on this nor will I go into further details. I already opened several threads on why Obama is the AC and that soon he will have full-worldwide power with the help of the NWO elite of course.. I also came across a precise summary in chart form and posted it to demonstrate all this (for those who don't want to read long articles) but if my memory serves me right, none of you cared.
and even if you don't get the exact timeline of the tribulation, the rebirth of Israel in 1948 shows us we are getting close to the end of the final generation.
Forty years is considered a generation and that's why the end time boys were cranking up the hype going into 1988. Then it was the beginning of the trib. Now, of course, it's something else since that was 23 years ago. Maybe 80 years is a full generation? 120? Now the end timers are just grasping at straws (as you are in saying "the rebirth of Israel in 1948 shows us we are getting close to the end of the final generation.")

Moving on I would like to show how the end time addiction (it is a psychological disorder and an emotional addiction) works by the responses to the letter (which is the basis for your OP) on this site:
Topic: OCT. 19-20! by Ron Reese - Rapture Watch

Response: "Switching from standby mode to high alert mode from Oct 18th - 25th. I'm going to reschedule my doctor's appointment on 19th to 26th. Don't want to cause destruction with me disappearing while I am driving."

My observation: Here we have a kind soul taking no chances at causing destruction if their vehicle becomes suddenly pilot-less. Except, since Jesus may come any moment the only real answer is to not drive at all, right?

Another response: "This is very exciting. I hope it happens cause im ready to spend an eternity with the lord. I love when people post things like this on here cause it gets me really excited. It is crazy to think that we could be in heaven monday-wednesday, or within two weeks! Thanks for posting and good luck!"

My observation: Here we see the real basis for the disorder: "I love when people post things like this on here cause it gets me really excited".
At this stage the reality (whether or not it's true) becomes a side issue. Thanks is given for even raising
the probability because the reader gets a sense of euphoria contemplating leaving this sucky world behind. So, it's just an emotional fix which (of course) wears off after the set date passes but I'm sure they come back for another exciting fix (the next most probable date).

Another response: "Even before I read this I have had a bit of a shift in my spirit in the last couple of days...It's close...With all of the mounting tension in the middle east , war will break out any day....terrorist attacks against Israel and the U.S. seem highly likely in the coming weeks"
My observation: Here we have someone already predisposed to the notion that it's all about to fall apart. The same as with all end time rhetoric. The key words are "About to", Any day", "just around the corner" etc etc etc. It's been that way for at least 60 years.

The excitement, the rush, the prospect sustains it even after multiple predictions (in this case thousands) fail to pan out. It's almost like a gambler who, despite losing nearly all his money, still believes his big break is "just around the corner".


Another response: "I just contacted Ron as he stated the tribulation started in 2008. My question was where are the two witnesses. His reply follows:

Bible scholars have never been in agreement with the timing of the 1260-day ministry of the two witnesses. It is my belief that their ministry will run almost concurrent with that of Antichrist, which will start on Apr. 11, 2012. Visit my new website at:

www.TheFinal7YearsAreHereNow.com


My observation: Ron has still not learned his lesson about date setting. The common method is to put the prediction just far enough out so that maybe the majority will forget by the time it doesn't happen. And then line up for another fix.

Another response: "evryone needs to read this! i am soooo excited to think that within two weeks we could all be living with our creator in heaven for an eternity! that is something that makes you have butterflies. have you guys ever read "what in the world is going on?". well it is a really good book by David Jeremiah. It talks about prophecies and the end times. well i ahve a question. feel free to answer everyone. It says in this book that right before the rapture we will be tingling all over our body and we will get a sudden bolt of energy. Is this true? have you guys ever heard of this? The fuuny thing is that a get a tingly feeling everytime i think about the rapture. so everytime i get this tingling feeling, i think im about to be raptured. haha. well i know im startin to babble so im gonna end this now. but anyone who can answer that question, feel free to answer it for me. thanks"

My observation: Same addiction as the earlier poster. This person gets their fix via a literal tingling sensation all over. Like a Star Trek beam out.

Another response: "Watchmen, I am looking at when Israel took control of Jerusalem in 1967, look forward 50 years(Jubilee) to 2017 and count back 7 years to November 2010 if this time frame is correct."
My observation: More Bible code compu-bable which has been going on for Millenia. One date fails? Throw some more numbers in the pot, add 50 for Jubilee and subtract 7. See?

Another response: (I think these next two posts - the second responding to the first, are the most telling):

1st poster: October 18, 2010 at 9:58 PM "Well tomorrow is the big day guys!!! tomorrow and wednesday!! Do you'll tink it will happen? I hope so! Good luck!!!" Blessings!!!

2nd poster: I hope it will happen. I've gone through a thousand dates. It would be nice to have it right.
If not, I will stand and fight.


My observation: This is the mindset of the hardcore end timer: Fighting to the bitter end no matter what, going through the same old fix/letdown a thousand times and ready for the next fix. Sad really.

It may seem that I worked hard to come up with these responses - but actually no. These are included in the first page or two and I only skipped a few which were redundant or questioning.

I hope through my efforts some can get help and be free from this compulsive end time addiction.

If not then - enjoy it! (I guess).





Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,573,273 times
Reputation: 843
I was hoping for some comments on the above post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2011, 06:12 AM
 
488 posts, read 870,913 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I was hoping for some comments on the above post.
The tribulation:

29 October 2008 - first day
11 April 2012 - midpoint
23 September 2015 - last day

Rapture & Sudden destruction: ANY DAY NOW

GOD BLESS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2011, 09:12 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,688,799 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
The tribulation:

29 October 2008 - first day
11 April 2012 - midpoint
23 September 2015 - last day

Rapture & Sudden destruction: ANY DAY NOW

GOD BLESS!


After september 23 2015, don't forget to post the list of the new coming soon any day now dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2011, 10:58 AM
 
20,323 posts, read 15,678,979 times
Reputation: 7441
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
The tribulation:

29 October 2008 - first day
11 April 2012 - midpoint
23 September 2015 - last day

Rapture & Sudden destruction: ANY DAY NOW

GOD BLESS!
The Tribulation is the last 7 years belonging to the dispensation of Israel. The last week of the seventy weeks of Daniels prophecy in Dan 9:24. The tribulation cannot even begin until after the church has been removed from the earth through the rapture. Dispensations do not run concurrently. The dispensation of the church must first be termininated by the rapture before the remainder of the Dispensation of Israel which had been put on hold for the calling out of the church - the body of Christ - the bride of Christ, can resume.

That Israel is back in the land in disbelief is significant, as the purpose of the tribulation is to bring judgment on Israel (and open their eyes regarding the Messiah they rejected) and on an unbelieving world; and when Christ returns at the end of the tribulation, He returns to an already existing nation Israel.

We are not in the tribulation. No one who has believed in Christ for salvation during this dispensation of the church, regardless of the way he has lived after salvation will ever go through any of the tribulational time period.

The rapture will occur when God is ready for it to occur. It could be at anytime, but it could be a ways off yet. But yes, every believer should be ready to depart from this earth, either by physical death, or by the rapture, whichever occurs first.

I should mention also that the antichrist cannot be publically known until the church has been removed from the world, and with it, the restraining ministry of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will remain but He lifts His restraining ministry so that the tribulation can begin. (2 Thess 2:7).

Last edited by Mike555; 02-03-2011 at 11:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2011, 06:22 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,225,729 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Response: "Switching from standby mode to high alert mode from Oct 18th - 25th. I'm going to reschedule my doctor's appointment on 19th to 26th. Don't want to cause destruction with me disappearing while I am driving."

My observation: Here we have a kind soul taking no chances at causing destruction if their vehicle becomes suddenly pilot-less. Except, since Jesus may come any moment the only real answer is to not drive at all, right?

LOL you just gotta laugh at some things...and why bother going to the dr at all if you're going to be raptured soon?

poor guy...must be tough wondering if you might be driving when raptured...which way to look? UP at Jesus,or back at earth,wondering if you caused any sudden destruction with your sudden exit and departure.OOPs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2011, 02:45 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,266,890 times
Reputation: 8265
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
The tribulation:

29 October 2008 - first day
October 29, 2008 Delta Air Lines merges with Northwest Airlines, forming the world's largest commercial carrier.

I'm convinced
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 PM
 
5,431 posts, read 4,671,268 times
Reputation: 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
The tribulation:

29 October 2008 - first day
11 April 2012 - midpoint
23 September 2015 - last day

Rapture & Sudden destruction: ANY DAY NOW

GOD BLESS!
Truth is, the Holy Ghost, along with Jesus' Bride, will be removed from the earth before the tribulation period begins -- so we are not there yet.

2 Thessalonians 2
[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2011, 06:15 AM
 
488 posts, read 870,913 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Tribulation is the last 7 years belonging to the dispensation of Israel. The last week of the seventy weeks of Daniels prophecy in Dan 9:24. The tribulation cannot even begin until after the church has been removed from the earth through the rapture. Dispensations do not run concurrently. The dispensation of the church must first be termininated by the rapture before the remainder of the Dispensation of Israel which had been put on hold for the calling out of the church - the body of Christ - the bride of Christ, can resume.

That Israel is back in the land in disbelief is significant, as the purpose of the tribulation is to bring judgment on Israel (and open their eyes regarding the Messiah they rejected) and on an unbelieving world; and when Christ returns at the end of the tribulation, He returns to an already existing nation Israel.

We are not in the tribulation. No one who has believed in Christ for salvation during this dispensation of the church, regardless of the way he has lived after salvation will ever go through any of the tribulational time period.

The rapture will occur when God is ready for it to occur. It could be at anytime, but it could be a ways off yet. But yes, every believer should be ready to depart from this earth, either by physical death, or by the rapture, whichever occurs first.

I should mention also that the antichrist cannot be publically known until the church has been removed from the world, and with it, the restraining ministry of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will remain but He lifts His restraining ministry so that the tribulation can begin. (2 Thess 2:7).
Mike, I wouldn't dare to say Christians who do not live a holy life will be saved out of here. The word teaches -- Be holy, as I am holy --

[LEFT]"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." (Rev 3:16)

Christians who err on the side of pleasing the world (instead of God) cannot go into the Rapture. A full surrender is needed, that's why we have to commit our whole life towards Jesus. A partail or half-hearted commitment is no commitment..[/LEFT] Jesus is coming for a pure bride
[LEFT]
Quote:
Truth is, the Holy Ghost, along with Jesus' Bride, will be removed from the earth before the tribulation period begins -- so we are not there yet.
Quote:

2 Thessalonians 2
[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Truth is, the Holy Ghost, along with Jesus' Bride, will be removed from the earth before the Antichrist declares himself God. (that's the point when he is revealed to all the people living on the face of the Earth..)

So, the midpoint of the trib is the latest the Rapture must happen, The Church will never go through the Great tribulation indeed. As to the first half of the trib it just cannot be compared to the second half of it which will be far worse and chaotic... "The Church" = Jesus' Bride along with the Holy Ghost is the light in this world today, as soon as they are removed, darkness ensues.
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top