U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:20 AM

910 posts, read 1,043,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Obama is the anti-Christ, huh? Actually, I think he might be a one term President considering all the undeserved hatred that has been heaped upon him by the racists and bigots and xenophobic people that dominate the far right wing element in America. But I might believe that Sarah Palin very well could be the anti-Christ that is to come ;-)

Perhaps we should tell the OP that anti-christ are people who hate, lie, cheat, who inpute sin on others and who do not practse righteousness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 09:41 AM

5,408 posts, read 4,659,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
Mike, I wouldn't dare to say Christians who do not live a holy life will be saved out of here. The word teaches -- Be holy, as I am holy --

[LEFT]"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." (Rev 3:16)

Christians who err on the side of pleasing the world (instead of God) cannot go into the Rapture. A full surrender is needed, that's why we have to commit our whole life towards Jesus. A partail or half-hearted commitment is no commitment..[/LEFT] Jesus is coming for a pure bride
[LEFT]
Amen! Only the holy will make it.

Quote:
Truth is, the Holy Ghost, along with Jesus' Bride, will be removed from the earth before the Antichrist declares himself God. (that's the point when he is revealed to all the people living on the face of the Earth..)

So, the midpoint of the trib is the latest the Rapture must happen, The Church will never go through the Great tribulation indeed. As to the first half of the trib it just cannot be compared to the second half of it which will be far worse and chaotic... "The Church" = Jesus' Bride along with the Holy Ghost is the light in this world today, as soon as they are removed, darkness ensues.
[/LEFT]
You err in your interpretation of scripture. The Holy Ghost is holding back the antichrist and consequently the tribulation period. Once the Holy Ghost takes His flight back to heaven, then there's nothing stopping the devil's complete takeover of this world system -- and thus the tribulation period begins; it will be the final seven years of Israel's judgement for their disobedience. The foolish virgins who fail to make the rapture will also endure the tribulation period too.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:46 AM

20,298 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Quote:
Mike, I wouldn't dare to say Christians who do not live a holy life will be saved out of here. The word teaches -- Be holy, as I am holy --

[LEFT]"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." (Rev 3:16)

Christians who err on the side of pleasing the world (instead of God) cannot go into the Rapture. A full surrender is needed, that's why we have to commit our whole life towards Jesus. A partail or half-hearted commitment is no commitment..[/LEFT] Jesus is coming for a pure bride
[LEFT]

Truth is, the Holy Ghost, along with Jesus' Bride, will be removed from the earth before the Antichrist declares himself God. (that's the point when he is revealed to all the people living on the face of the Earth..)

So, the midpoint of the trib is the latest the Rapture must happen, The Church will never go through the Great tribulation indeed. As to the first half of the trib it just cannot be compared to the second half of it which will be far worse and chaotic... "The Church" = Jesus' Bride along with the Holy Ghost is the light in this world today, as soon as they are removed, darkness ensues.
[/LEFT]
Hi doesntspringtomind,

I realize that some people believe in a mid Tribulational rapture, but it just is not scriptural. A dispensation has to do with the way God administers His plan. It has to do with stewardship. Dispensations don't run concurrently and they don't overlap. The dispensation of the church must first be terminated by the rapture before the last seven years of the age of Israel (the tribulation) can resume. The dispensation of Israel was interrupted - put on hold for the purpose of God calling out a people for Himself known as Church - the body of Christ, the bride of Christ. There are three great divisions in mankind - Jew, Gentile, and church. The church is a new spiritual species - a new creation. When the church is complete it will be taken off the earth into heaven where every believer will be evaluated at the judgment seat of Christ for the purpose of reward. At the end of the tribulation the church will return to the earth with Jesus.

Just as eternal salvation does not depend on works, neither is the rapture works based. That is, how a Christian lives after he has been saved is completely irrelevent regarding the rapture. The believer is disciplined in time for continued disobedience but will not miss out on the rapture when it occurs. Any one who believes in Christ during the dispensation of the church is a part of the body of Christ and will be taken up into heaven along with every other Christian. The believer has the perfect righteousness of God imputed to him and also shares the righteousness of Christ. Therefore the believer is positionally - judicially sanctifed - positionally perfect in God's eyes. The believers experiential sanctification or lack of it doesn't have any bearing on his participation in the rapture. His experiential sanctification or lack of it affects his evaluation at the judgment seat of Christ after the rapture and determines whether he will have any eternal rewards or not.

The church-age believer has no part in any of the tribulation. It is the time of Jacobs trouble, not the churches trouble. The tribulation will be for the purpose of judging Israel and the unbelieving Gentiles. The church is neither Jew or Gentile. It is church and is the bride of Christ and will be in heaven for the duration of the entire tribulation.

Now, the believer should live his life in constant expectation that the rapture could happen at any time. It should be a motivating factor in living righteously. Because the rapture could happen at any time. It could happen before I finish writing this sentence...............Ok, that didn't happen. But it could have. And you don't really want to be caught up in the rapture while you're in the middle of doing something that you know you ought not be doing. You don't want to have the ultimate OOPS!!! moment.

Last edited by Mike555; 02-06-2011 at 11:02 AM..

Old 02-06-2011, 06:54 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,467 times
only the Holy? perhaps not that many ppl will make it,then? like the 144,000 mentioned in the bible..that few? maybe no one will even notice they are missing..or rather,there will be so few gone,that it won't be that big of a deal (?)
any thoughts?

Old 02-06-2011, 08:25 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Quote:
actually this just goes to show that you haven't the faintest idea about the fact that we have been in the triubulation for over 2 years.
Well, yes, the end-times & the final generation began in 1948.... and the final days began in 2008. See why the time is upon us?
Good grief, who have you been listening to? We are NOT in the tribulation. If you believe in a Rapture then you know the tribulation does not start until after the Rapture. Obama IS NOT the Anti-Christ for heaven's sake. I'm really getting a little put out with all of this doom and gloom that has been propagated on the board lately. Ridiculous.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:53 PM

200 posts, read 210,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Obama is the anti-Christ, huh? Actually, I think he might be a one term President considering all the undeserved hatred that has been heaped upon him by the racists and bigots and xenophobic people that dominate the far right wing element in America. But I might believe that Sarah Palin very well could be the anti-Christ that is to come ;-)
Wait...are you saying that hatred of President Obama may have something to do with RACISM???? OMG!!! No ways!!!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,566,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post

Perhaps we should tell the OP that anti-christ are people who hate, lie, cheat, who inpute sin on others and who do not practse righteousness
Perhaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity