U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,287,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So Ken the requirements written on the hearts of man are only known to him when he believes ? Is this what you are saying ?.

I dispute that and say without doubt that it is referring to a law that is written on the heart of every man and woman. Ask an atheist whether it is right or wrong to murder ?,his conscience will bear witness to the truth of the law written in on his heart that it is infact wrong to murder.This is clearly what Paul is saying in Romans 2:12-16
Yes! And Romans 2 does in no way support what you are saying.

Quote:
A read of Romans 7 will also verify that that our inward man delights in the law of God,there's also the law of sin and death too. And the very commandment that put the Jew to death, also put the gentile to death who did not have the law given to him on stone. The gentile without the commandent written on his heart would never have known and recognized what sin is.
Again, Romans 7 does not support your theory. He is differentiating those under the flesh (LAW - Covenant- Israel) and those under Christ (Law - Covenant - Israel (this is inclusive of those outside of national status...i.e....beasts of the field as per Hosea - Paul directly quoting from him throughout).

Quote:
The Gentile is as much dead in his sin and trespasses as the Jew, and this can only be by so by the commandment written on our heart and the commandment written on stone being one and the same thing.2 different commandments did not put to death 2 different people.
No he isn't! He has not transgressed anything! He perishes...dies...is destroyed, and is not judged by the law. He dies, without law.
I'm sorry Paul, but none of your statements are consistent with what is clearly being addressed here. This is going off topic...I will start another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM

30,193 posts, read 19,981,427 times
Well Ken i disagree and would prefer to leave it at this, rather than go around in circles. Just the one question what tells those who do not believe, that it is wrong not to do what is right ?.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Just the one question what tells those who do not believe, that it is wrong not to do what is right?
The blood of Jesus Christ..

Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The blood of Jesus Christ..
So before Jesus, man didn't know it was wrong not to do what is right? In otherwords man didn't have a conscience, with thought to at least do or fail in doing what is conscience knew was right for him to do ?.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
So before Jesus, man didn't know it was wrong not to do what is right? In otherwords man didn't have a conscience, with thought to at least do or fail in doing what is conscience knew was right for him to do ?.
I wasn't talking about before Jesus...but if you want to go there...we can?
The commandment took care of that....

Old 02-03-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I wasn't talking about before Jesus...but if you want to go there...we can?
The commandment took care of that....
Ken i do not mean to sound disrespectful, but i can't wait to hear from you how a person who is not part of the commonwealth of Israel knew that it was wrong not to do that which is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity