U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Reputation: 639

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If someone took a plastic knife and stuck it in you,, does this make the plastic knife manufacturer responsible?

That is not the premise of the OP, the OP is using the analogy of a recall which does occur because the manufacturer is responsible.

The manufacturer does not recall a knife because you stabbed someone with it, they might recall it if it left plastic shards in your mouth when you used it do to a manufacturing DEFECT that they are responsible for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2011, 11:56 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,296,261 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
And it all goes back to sin. Do you realize that your attack is sin?

Well you and I will have to differ on Sin and what is it and the whole notion of original sin because it is not in my belief system.

We miss the mark, chet and as humans we are not born in sin. We strive to be better as humans.

People can have emotional issues/mental health problems and it is not due to sin but to all sorts of reasons. It is not caused by sin.

And it is horribly irresponsible to say that the symptons of depression are due to sin.

As one who has had depression almost my whole life and takes medications my doctor would absolutely say what you are saying is wrong.

And I believe that G-d holds all who suffer mental illness in his hand.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 02-01-2011 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 12:00 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The Manufacturer, who is neither liable nor at fault for this defect...
Romans 8:20, anyone? 9:21?

Psalm 90:3?

Eph 2:3?

Christians have totally forsaken the God of Israel, and worship other gods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,222,060 times
Reputation: 250
depression=faulty genes,and/or downfall of man=orig. caused by sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,899,792 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That is not the premise of the OP, the OP is using the analogy of a recall which does occur because the manufacturer is responsible.

The manufacturer does not recall a knife because you stabbed someone with it, they might recall it if it left plastic shards in your mouth when you used it do to a manufacturing DEFECT that they are responsible for.
I just thought it was a funny analogy but on a serious note SIN was introduced by Satan in the garden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 12:11 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I just thought it was a funny analogy but on a serious note SIN was introduced by Satan in the garden.

Yeah, thumbs up for ole Satan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,899,792 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Well you and I will have to differ on Sin and what is it and the whole notion of original sin because it is not in my belief system.

We miss the mark, chet and as humans we are not born in sin. We strive to be better as humans.

People can have emotional issues/mental health problems and it is not due to sin but to all sorts of reasons. It is not caused by sin.

And it is horribly irresponsible to say that the symptons of depression are due to sin.

As one who has had depression almost my whole life and takes medications my doctor would absolutely say what you are saying is wrong.

And I believe that G-d holds all who suffer mental illness in his hand.
It all is due to the overwelming saturation of sin in this world. Truly I feel for your condition and I agree the God holds all in His hands no matter what they struggles with but the root cause of all bad in the world is the saaturation of sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 12:25 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,296,261 times
Reputation: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
It all is due to the overwelming saturation of sin in this world. Truly I feel for your condition and I agree the God holds all in His hands no matter what they struggles with but the root cause of all bad in the world is the saaturation of sin.

Thank G-d I am not a Christian I would hate to think my faith would tell me that those who are mentally ill are just sinful.

But you are wrong and I think saying sin causes mental illness and depression is simply sin.... What a cop out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,107,975 times
Reputation: 866
God made Adam, who brought sin and death and condemnation to all mankind.

Then God took His own Word and made it into living flesh and called Him "Adam 2" and through Him took away the sin, death and condemnation, leaving man justified and revived in His Life!

Praise God for His unspeakable Gift!!!!!!!!!

Hallelujah!!!!!

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2011, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,107,975 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

As one who has had depression almost my whole life and takes medications my doctor would absolutely say what you are saying is wrong.

And I believe that G-d holds all who suffer mental illness in his hand.
Even though we disagree on some important issues, I do give you a thumbs up on this one!

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top