U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:58 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,909,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Betsey, Betsey, Betsey, Betsey.......TAKE YOUR EYES OFF OF ME and make God your focus, for when you make Him YOUR center, the heart wants for nothing!!

It's time.
Amen!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 11:48 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,087,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
The Maker of all human beings (GOD) is recalling all units manufactured, regardless of make or year, due to a serious defect in the primary and central component of the heart.

This is due to a malfunction in the original prototype units code named Adam and Eve, resulting in the reproduction of the same defect in all subsequent units. This defect has been technically termed "Sub-sequential Internal Non-Morality," or more commonly known as S.I.N., as it is primarily expressed.

Some of the symptoms include:

1. Loss of direction
2. Foul vocal emissions
3. Amnesia of origin
4. Lack of peace and joy
5. Selfish or violent behavior
6. Depression or confusion in the mental component
7. Fearfulness
8. Idolatry
9. Rebellion

The Manufacturer, who is neither liable nor at fault for this defect, is providing factory-authorized repair and service free of charge to correct this defect.

The Repair Technician, JESUS, has most generously offered to bear the entire burden of the staggering cost of these repairs. There is no additional fee required.

The number to call for repair in all areas is: P-R-A-Y-E-R.
Once connected, please upload your burden of SIN through the REPENTANCE procedure.

Next, download ATONEMENT from the Repair Technician, Jesus, into the heart component. No matter how big or
small the SIN defect is, Jesus will replace it with:

1. Love
2. Joy
3. Peace
4. Patience
5. Kindness
6. Goodness
7. Faithfulness
8. Gentleness
9. Self control

Please see the operating manual, the B.I.B.L.E. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) for further details on the use of these fixes.

WARNING: Continuing to operate the human being unit without correction voids any manufacturer warranties, exposing the unit to dangers and problems too numerous to list and will result in the human unit being permanently impounded. For free emergency service, call on Jesus.

DANGER: The human being units not responding to this recall action will have to be scrapped in the furnace. The
SIN defect will not be permitted to enter Heaven so as to prevent contamination of that facility.

Thank you for your attention! - GOD

P.S. Please assist where possible by notifying others of this important recall notice, and you may contact the Father any time by 'knee mail'!

From ......a friend.
Though I appreciate your mentioning that we ALL need to practice..... love/peace, patience, kindness, etc.....your logic appears faulty.

Considering depression and other problems that we have little/no control over. These are chemical imbalances and/or physical anomalies and NOT sins.

Otherwise I suggest we all file a Class Action Lawsuit and SUE the original manufacturer for willingly/knowingly dispersing "defective" merchandise..

Old 02-02-2011, 12:16 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,766,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Though I appreciate your mentioning that we ALL need to practice..... love/peace, patience, kindness, etc.....your logic appears faulty.

Considering depression and other problems that we have little/no control over. These are chemical imbalances and/or physical anomalies and NOT sins.

Otherwise I suggest we all file a Class Action Lawsuit and SUE the original manufacturer for willingly/knowingly dispersing "defective" merchandise..
LOL, that's funny!! and you're right about depression and other mental illnesses.....they are chemical imbalances and yes, life can be better with Jesus in it but that is neither here nor there when we're talking about mental illness. They are not mutually exclusive. Where's June when you need her?

Old 02-02-2011, 03:27 AM

1,220 posts, read 741,363 times
Default The Truth

Shalom...because of transgression of The Royal Law of Liberty, every ill including death came upon us all as a direct result. All of us are guilty of committing G-d's Christ, namely Yeshua, to crucifiction. Anyone who knowingly denies the fact that G-d, according to His Infinite Mercy has concluded us all under the penalty of sin, which is death, is publicly proclaiming that G-d is a liar. Nevertheless, for the sake of His Christ, namely Yeshua ("Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." Luke 23:34), G-d forgives you. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...

Old 02-02-2011, 07:52 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,693,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
No bad things happened before the original sin, and then the world was cursed. Depression is a byproduct of the curse which originates from sin. I hope you will understand.

That is not necessarily true and the problem creates a paradox or at the very least a contradiction in terms.

The idea that everything was perfect before sin was "introduced" inherantly suggests a flaw.

For how can something be perfect and something go wrong? The idea that SIN was introduced after Adam and Eve sinned is false. The flaw had to exist for them to even disobey in the first place.

The flaw was already there.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM

30,319 posts, read 20,050,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
For how can something be perfect and something go wrong? The idea that SIN was introduced after Adam and Eve sinned is false. The flaw had to exist for them to even disobey in the first place.

The flaw was already there.
That's interesting Phaze, never looked at it that way before,and it's also perfectly reasonable to ask or say "how can something perfect go wrong ?" . So are you saying Adam and Eve were created imperfect ?. I know it's traditionally believed Adam and Eve fell from perfection through a free will decision or by choice, but like you said "how can something perfect go wrong ?".Can free will mar perfection ?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 AM

987 posts, read 880,595 times
Interesting discussion. You are all so dear to me, even though I have never met any of you.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:34 AM

30,319 posts, read 20,050,950 times
We at least know that the fault was with the people in regards to the Old Covenant. We can also say whatever that fault is,is no longer an issue between God and man, through the established New Covenant. I want to be the first to say that i'm grateful that God is not a fault finder(as in pointing the finger of condemnation), he saw the fault and did something about it.

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said
“The time is coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Hebrews Chapter 8

Old 02-02-2011, 12:14 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,693,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That's interesting Phaze, never looked at it that way before,and it's also perfectly reasonable to ask or say "how can something perfect go wrong ?" . So are you saying Adam and Eve were created imperfect ?. I know it's traditionally believed Adam and Eve fell from perfection through a free will decision or by choice, but like you said "how can something perfect go wrong ?".Can free will mar perfection ?
The short answer is yes.

However, I do not want to let the normal negatives be implied by my answer.

I believe the state in which mankind was in when first appearing was not necessarily "flawed" but in a state that was not yet perfected.

There is nothing inherantly "bad" it was only the nature of infancy on it's way to perfection.

Sin is often confused with morally "bad" or evil and perhaps scriptural translating has combined two different things using the same word.

I think there is a difference between being in a state that is not yet perfected and being morally bad or evil.

Sin can be an act of immorality, however, sin can also be missing the mark, which is not inherantly immoral.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:23 PM

5,749 posts, read 4,597,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I believe the state in which mankind was in when first appearing was not necessarily "flawed" but in a state that was not yet perfected.

There is nothing inherantly "bad" it was only the nature of infancy on it's way to perfection.

I totally agree with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity