U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2011, 12:28 AM
 
1,194 posts, read 734,916 times
Reputation: 122

Advertisements

Shalom everyone...we're curious to know what your thoughts are about CHRIST...do you say it's The Name of the only begotten Son of G-d ? Or do you say it's the Title or Name of the position or office which G-d gave His only acquired, appointed and adopted Son ?
The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,107,186 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Shalom everyone...we're curious to know what your thoughts are about CHRIST...do you say it's The Name of the only begotten Son of G-d ? Or do you say it's the Title or Name of the position or office which G-d gave His only acquired, appointed and adopted Son ?
The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...
I believe it's His title and office. And Adam is His title and office also, because He undid the curse of Adam 1.

Blessings!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 03:15 AM
 
1,194 posts, read 734,916 times
Reputation: 122
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I believe it's His title and office. And Adam is His title and office also, because He undid the curse of Adam 1.

Blessings!
brian
Shalom brian...Yeshua (Iesus) declared, "I am come in my Father's name..." (John)5:43. Before Yeshua officiated the office of "Christ" coming in his Father's name, namely Yeshua...what name do you suppose Yeshua had before G-d acquired, appointed, and adopted him ? Did Yeshua's adoption take place before his virgin birth, or after, or both ? The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 04:48 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,107,186 times
Reputation: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Shalom brian...Yeshua (Iesus) declared, "I am come in my Father's name..." (John)5:43. Before Yeshua officiated the office of "Christ" coming in his Father's name, namely Yeshua...what name do you suppose Yeshua had before G-d acquired, appointed, and adopted him ? Did Yeshua's adoption take place before his virgin birth, or after, or both ? The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...
I would have to say "both," since He was both "slain from the foundation of the world" and "this day have I begotten Thee." He came, yet He already was. The "I Am" who was, is, and is to come.

As far as His name or title, I believe the title of Jesus was both Christ and Adam, because Adam was the "forefigure" of Christ; they had the same "influence" upon all mankind.

Tell me if you think I am missing something..

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
 
5,500 posts, read 4,413,364 times
Reputation: 5146
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Shalom everyone...we're curious to know what your thoughts are about CHRIST...do you say it's The Name of the only begotten Son of G-d ? Or do you say it's the Title or Name of the position or office which G-d gave His only acquired, appointed and adopted Son ?
The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...
I believe that "Christ=salvation" is the spiritual title of "Jesus" whose mortal attributes were, to be born of a virgin and to stand as the ultimate sacrifice for the fall of mankind.

In the beginning...
Abel = breath "the shepherd" son of Adam...slain by his brother out of hatred for God"s divine plan is the only parallel to this prophecy.

According to the Bible, Abel has the distinction of being the first murder victim in history, having been slain by his brother, Cain. He was also the first shepherd or keeper of animals. The Bible indicates that he was the first person to please God after Adam and Eve fell from his favor. Abel is a homonym with the English word "able," meaning "capable."

Peace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,284,911 times
Reputation: 420
Sons of Awdam...every Israelite and Jew prior to Christ's resurrection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2011, 02:51 AM
 
1,194 posts, read 734,916 times
Reputation: 122
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I would have to say "both," since He was both "slain from the foundation of the world" and "this day have I begotten Thee." He came, yet He already was. The "I Am" who was, is, and is to come.

As far as His name or title, I believe the title of Jesus was both Christ and Adam, because Adam was the "forefigure" of Christ; they had the same "influence" upon all mankind.

Tell me if you think I am missing something..

Blessings,
brian
Shalom brian...it's not that we think that you're missing something, but like most folks (and we mean no disrespect), you're simply forgetting someone.
Yes, it is an ever present "given" that "I AM" is none other than the Son of man, Yeshua Messiac, and it's seems almost too easy to identify with him in this concept.
However, when we say that the "I Am" is not some mere abstract entity we are incapable of identifying with, we say this not in terms of the present, rather the past...that is to say before the flood.
Case in point...when "Moses spake unto the LORD, saying, Let the LORD, the G-d of the spirits of all flesh, set a man over the congregation, Which may go out before them, and which may go in before them, and which may lead them out, and which may bring them in; that the congregation of the LORD be not as sheep which have no shepherd." (Numbers 27:15-17)...it is true that the subsequent verses (18-23), within the context of Moses' prayerful request, bear witness of G-d's providence in the matter.
However, in consideration of the awesome providence of of G-d, one must bear in mind that G-d's provision for Moses' faithful request was but a recapitulation of an event which took place long before Moses ever thought to ask the question.
You therefore rightly answered "both"...for Yeshua declared, "Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again." (John) 12:28.
You'll notice that Yeshua did not say, 'Father, glorify my name.' Far be it from us to try to break the bands of THE LORD asunder from HIS ANOINTED ONE...that is to say, to separate the Son of Adam from his antecedent inheritance (Christ)...and thus his title has for all intensive purposes become his name. He said therefore to Moses, "I AM THAT I AM."
All of this begs the question, Who is this Son of Adam ? One could even ask, Who is that "man" Yeshua declares over seventy times in the four Gospels that he is "the Son of ?"
Recall how Yeshua said, "The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified." (John) 12:23...and signified what death the Son of man should die {(John) 12:32,33}...
Recall how the people answered Yeshua..."We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up ? who is this Son of man ?"

"I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind..." Psalm 31:12
"I am counted with them that go down to the pit...adrift among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more:" Psalm 88:4,5

To the Jews whom Jesus was speaking to at the advent of (John)12, every son of Adam who had ever been born up to that moment had experienced death, or would, according to the command (Genesis 3:19). So for Yeshua to have boldly proclaimed that he is the Son of Adam, those Jews knew full well that Yeshua was not simply stating that he was just a son of any man who had not yet experienced death in the then present set of circumstances...they knew that Yeshua was stating matter of fact that he was/is a particular Son of Adam (the first man) in biblical history...a man whom G-d took to bear the burden of creation, of sin, and of death..."G-d is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of man that he should repent:" Numbers 23:19...
We know, all of this sounds fantastic, and hard to believe...there's more.
It is a given that The Book of Acts, as well as The Book of Hebrews was written after the manifested fact, namely Yeshua Messiac. With this in mind, consider this amazing question within this song of wisdom...
"What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death ?" Psalm 89:48.
Now, one could make every reasonable attempt to explain what this means apart from the plain text of scripture, rationalizing away the only scriptural answer forthcoming, simply because it's hard to believe...or perhaps one might think to themselves, "Why not me LORD?"...nevertheless, the only scriptural answer forthcoming is...
"By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because G-d had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased G-d." Hebrews 11:5
It is written, "G-d is not a man that he should lie" (Num.23:19), then suffice it to say G-d cannot lie...and within the context of this statement much can be discerned even by the unlearned. "Cannot lie" would obviously indicate that G-d can only speak truth. It would also indicate that G-d cannot "lie" in a bed of roses (the grave) as if HE ever had something to be sorry for or about. No friends, that burden was laid upon the shoulders of one, and only one Son of Adam (Psalm 40:1-10).
Now, everyone has heard the interpretation that Enoch has not yet died, some even going as far to say that Enoch will never die. The same was said of Jesus' beloved disciple (Lazarus of Bethany). G-d never said Enoch would never die, "But he whom G-d raised again, saw no corruption." Acts 13:37.
We've heard it before..."that's impossible!" With men this is indeed impossible. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2011, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Florida
595 posts, read 711,127 times
Reputation: 266
Little Witness (Shalom) has asked the most important question in the history of mankind and it can be answered with only Holy Spirit understanding and with compassion for the majority of faiths not having a clue including my evangelical fellowship. Not that they would want credit
for the obvious ,but I would be remiss not to exclude Pentecostals,Apostolics and Assemblies of God as they "get it" that is Act 2:38 in which Peter instructs the pentecost crowd to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Why because under NO other name are we saved. His NAMEm is above ALL. Nicea we believe was well intended when in 325ad they dumped Acts 2:38 in favor of the triune formula believed to be commanded by Jesus in Matt28:19 ,but they flawed by changing he way the disciples actually baptized as Jesus said "Go out baptizing HOW? in the NAME of the titles. We honor naturally the titles but the Name not titles have the POWER!!! The triune formula it you ticket to "religion "of Nicea and Constantine not my God! Religion with all it's good ...smells. Baptists ,Evangelicals have blinders on as well as Catholics and others I'll excuse Catholics as they are all wrapped up in weird doctrine of Nicea etc., but the more biblical oriented Baptists and evangelicals I cannot forgive and charge them with irresponsibility (and a hand slap).

Das

Last edited by DASULAR17; 02-04-2011 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: f
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2011, 07:10 PM
 
335 posts, read 314,456 times
Reputation: 110
Littlewitness, you speak of yourself in the plural (we're, we).

Who exactly are you speaking for? Messianic Jews?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2011, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Niagara Falls ON.
10,024 posts, read 10,133,598 times
Reputation: 8868
Does not the translation of "Christ" mean the Annointed one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top