U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-20-2007, 01:38 PM

3,773 posts, read 6,824,720 times
Default At What Age Did You Become A Christian? Give A Testimonial

At what age did you become a Christian ? What made you decide to give your life to the Lord.Give a testimonial if you prefer.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 01:44 PM

8,640 posts, read 14,425,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
At what age did you become a Christian ? What made you decide to give your life to the Lord.Give a testimonial if you prefer.
Eleven. Short version-I just knew I needed to do so.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:47 PM

3,434 posts, read 6,559,704 times
i really dont remember not being one ..I was baptisted in the 3rd grade.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:22 PM

20,015 posts, read 20,504,668 times
I was nine, but then rededicated my life to Christ at 37.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:24 PM

1,574 posts, read 3,186,821 times
I was infant Baptized and grew up in a technically Christian home, but really started my walk just a few years ago. The past two years have been amazing for me and my husband. We were both just Baptized again in June. It was awesome!

Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,010,617 times
I went through the Lutheran church early on (because my parents went) and later went to a baptist church. I attended a Catholic church for a couple of years and became a member of the mormon church for a number of years. When I was 47, I truly gave my life over to the Lord and have never looked back since then.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:29 PM

1,958 posts, read 3,398,688 times
18 years ago. See testimony at http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...testimony.html third one down.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:59 PM

668 posts, read 49,416 times
I was 16....full immersion. It was a great time all around.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:10 AM

1,587 posts, read 2,680,518 times
I was 30 years old. Sigh...I really should type out a testimony. Maybe another time...too long!

Old 07-21-2007, 01:50 AM

1,463 posts, read 2,167,353 times
July 19, 1973 - 34 years ago yesterday! Someone invited my sister to go to church, and that person convinced her sister (who was my age but didn't know me well) to invite me also. I was in Junior High; my sister was in High School. So, a loving family picked up my sister and me faithfully every week and took us to Sunday School/Church, evening services, Wednesday night Bible study, and youth activities. There was no way a stranger could sit in that church for more than a month and not know the gospel message thoroughly! And it resonated within me! I knew it was the truth (not gonna argue, so don't even try!), but pride kept me from walking that church aisle.

That church hosted it's own summer camp on an inholding deep within a National Forest. While I was attending that camp, one of the older women in the church pretty much cornered me one night after campfire and had a loving talk with me. I succumbed to that inner desire I had been carrying with me for months. Needless to say, I walked that church aisle the next time I had an opportunity and was baptized a week later.

That first church laid an excellent foundation of Biblical wisdom and scholarship. Also, the adults in that church came together and ministered to a bunch of non-churched kids like you wouldn't believe. My friends at school were envious of all the activities I did and events I attended. Through the selfless devotion of those adults--of time, energy, personal finances, etc.--they befriended a great number of kids who are still today following God and ministering to others. They had an effective ministry, with lasting results. They're the ones who taught me what true, Biblical scholarship was all about (and they did it in fun ways!); and they are the ones who taught me to serve others.

Unfortunately, quite a few changes occurred within the church, and--essentially--it split. As a young adult, I knew it wasn't for me anymore, but I didn't feel right following the others to the church they all eventually ended up at. I felt like I needed to find my own place, but I never sought it. So, I walked my own way for 10 years of my life. I married, moved to Alaska, had a child, and grew up. Even though I'd been out of fellowship for 10 years, there wasn't a single day that I didn't think of my Lord and Savior. He was patient with me and showered me with the kindness that leads to repentance. When we moved to Alaska, my husband and I agreed we would find a church home, and we did.

I take my responsibility as a parent very seriously, so that meant I needed to get my act together and be the best parent I could possibly be. For me, that entailed growing strong in the Lord and in my knowledge of Him. He guides my steps when I am unsure of the way; He comforts when no one else can; He endows me with wisdom and knowledge and compassion so I can best serve my family and others; He loves me unconditionally with an unending love, and no one can pluck me from His hand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity