Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 11:06 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times

Advertisements

mykatiegirl, I'm confused reading your post. You are using "Jesus Christ" and "the bible" interchangably. Do you think that Jesus and the bible are the same thing? Can you just clarify that?

Old 02-12-2011, 11:45 PM

912 posts, read 826,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The bold is capitalized to emphasize what SHE means by John 1:1,

John 1:1 (King James Version)

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You have to understand that she believes the Word referred to here is the Bible . . . not Jesus. She truly believes the Bible is the Word of God, period. That is Bible idolatry, Blue.
Thanks Mystic....I think shes confused then... .

I don't like to see pain...and the women seemed to leave with pain...

Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,262,041 times
I love the way some of you can say what I believe and don't believe. Let me clear it up for you if I may.
Yes I do believe the Bible is the word of God, that is all 66 books and every single word written therein. I believe it is inspired, God breathed, and I cannot just pick and choose from it. I believe every word Jesus spoke while He was on earth, and I believe all the words written by the authors of the New Testament who were guided in their writings by the Holy Spirit. Yes I also know that Jesus is the living word and I will be judged accordingly. I have never said that the Bible is God. I have never said that the Bible in its present form has existed forever. What I have said is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit have existed forever, and so has God's Word. I also said you cannot separate God from His Word. There you have it. My impression of some of the writers on this thread is that you only believe the words written in red, in other words,only the actual spoken words of Jesus, and you discount the rest. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:57 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
I love the way some of you can say what I believe and don't believe. Let me clear it up for you if I may.
Yes I do believe the Bible is the word of God, that is all 66 books and every single word written therein. I believe it is inspired, God breathed, and I cannot just pick and choose from it. I believe every word Jesus spoke while He was on earth, and I believe all the words written by the authors of the New Testament who were guided in their writings by the Holy Spirit. Yes I also know that Jesus is the living word and I will be judged accordingly. I have never said that the Bible is God. I have never said that the Bible in its present form has existed forever. What I have said is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit have existed forever, and so has God's Word. I also said you cannot separate God from His Word. There you have it. My impression of some of the writers on this thread is that you only believe the words written in red, in other words,only the actual spoken words of Jesus, and you discount the rest. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong.
Amen.... katiemygirl !!
Those who accuse and condemn other's...... it is their own heart and thoughts that speak judging against,.... themselves !!!

We become the very substances we believe and act upon !!

Old 02-13-2011, 07:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Katie

Jesus said this

Search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life, but they are they which testify of me.(not they testify they are me)

Why do you think Jesus said theytestify of me instead of they are me. Clear seperation here.

Jesus is the living word is life confirmed this, in him was life and the life was the light of All men.

That same life is now in the believer,(the living word, the river of living water, the water that you drink and never thirst again)none of this can be considered the bible. Mimicking bible verses are not the living word,the river of living water,that water that you drink and never thirst again.Christ in you, is not knowledge of the bible and never will be. This is where christendom is stunted in the fact that it believes God gave us a bible, nothing can be further from the truth, He gave us Christ in us, enabling us to be spiritual minded,a spiritual minded man can think spiritually without the bible, because the anointing "Christ in you" teaches him the things of God. The church as dragged us down and shackled us with a written word, God sets us free by the living word, the truth.

Again the scriptures testify of who Jesus is, they are not God himself. Infact the scriptures tell us that everything of the Old Testament(the front part of the bible), is actually just a shadow of the good things to come

The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. Heb 10:1

Do you not believe that God can lead a man without the bible ?

Here's a verse that proves he can

“This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.

Christianity is trying to ram down our throats, what God as put in our hearts and written in our minds.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:49 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Please show me where in the bible that it is written that the scriptures are the word of God and inerrant?
2 Timothy 3:15–17 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work

You think God made errors with the Bible? I do not.

Quote:
You cant, because it doesn't ... The scriptures do testify of the fact that the living by the letter of the law leads to death(Rom 7:6), and that the letter of the law has be dealt with dishonestly by the lying pen of the scribes(Jer 8:8) ...

And in the book of revelations John specifically warns of men taking away and adding to the words of that book, something he would not have said had he believed it would never happen.
That is what I meant when I said that you attack the Bible and mock the people who trust it, yet you always come back to quote it yourself to make your points. Why are you quoting a book you can't trust?

Mark 13:31Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-13-2011 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: Please use any other color than 'red' as it is used for moderator actions and "mod cuts." Thanks!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I am glad you clarified it. To me it was clear from the begining, but I could see some writers gang up to create this "she thinks Bible is God" strawman attack, and thought it was somewhat unfair.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen.... katiemygirl !!
Those who accuse and condemn other's...... it is their own heart and thoughts that speak judging against,.... themselves !!!
Have you heard the story about the toothpaste tube?

You can have different people squeeze a tube of toothpaste: Jane, John, Adolf, Joseph.....anyone, but what comes out is always the same, - toothpaste. Why? Because that's what's in the tube. It is same with people. When you squeeze them, out comes what they have inside them.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:24 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Have you heard the story about the toothpaste tube?

You can have different people squeeze a tube of toothpaste: Jane, John, Adolf, Joseph.....anyone, but what comes out is always the same, - toothpaste. Why? Because that's what's in the tube. It is same with people. When you squeeze them, out comes what they have inside them.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:02 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Quote:
Katie, that is a very well written post. I think you explained your position perfectly.

Of course, many people will disagree with you, and the ones who forget Jesus' teaching as expressed in Matthew 7:1-5 may try to denigrate you. I suggest you learn how to deal with these people without taking too much offense.

Sometimes you can learn a lot from people who disagree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity