U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 03:17 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,489,168 times

Advertisements

This is definitely open for debate! After years of studying the Word of Yahua I have very easily concluded that the church will be here during the Great Tribulation because of the many scriptures that say so.

Open for debate in love!

According to the Word of Yahua:

Matthew 24 (Yahushua Foretells the Future)

21 For there will be greater anguish than at any time since the world began. And it will never be so great again. 22 In fact, unless that time of calamity is shortened, not a single person will survive. But it will be shortened for the sake of God’s chosen ones.
23 “Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones. 25 See, I have warned you about this ahead of time.

*There are three key points in this scripture

-Obviously Yahushua is speaking of the Great Tribulation (a time worse than ever before or ever will be - the Great Tribulation)

-If possible even the very "elect" would be decieved. If the "elect" are here, so is the entire church.

-In order for the very "elect" to be decieved it's going to have to look like exactly like God. This means wolves in sheeps clothing. Think about that. If possible the very elect would be decieved.

... 31 And he will send out his angels with the mighty blast of a trumpet, and they will gather his chosen ones from all over the world—from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven.

*Notice the rapture happens immediately "after" those days. Also notice the "trumpet". We will discuss this trumpet in more detail (the sound of the "last" trumpet)

Daniel 12 (The Time of the End)

11 “From the time the daily sacrifice is stopped and the sacrilegious object that causes desecration is set up to be worshiped, there will be 1,290 days. 12 And blessed are those who wait and remain until the end of the 1,335 days!
13 “As for you, go your way until the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days, you will rise again to receive the inheritance set aside for you.”

*Notice the angel tells Daniel that he will not rise again untill the end of those days. Also notice what marks the beginning of those days.

15 “The day is coming when you will see what Daniel the prophet spoke about—the sacrilegious object that causes desecration standing in the Holy Place.” (Reader, pay attention!) 16 “Then those in Judea must flee to the hills. 17 A person out on the deck of a roof must not go down into the house to pack. 18 A person out in the field must not return even to get a coat. 19 How terrible it will be for pregnant women and for nursing mothers in those days. 20 And pray that your flight will not be in winter or on the Sabbath.

*A couple of points here.

-Yahushua marks just as the angel does, the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

-He makes clear reference to "The Sabbath Day". We will discuss that in detail later on as well when speaking of the changes that the beast tries to make in changing times and laws in Daniel, as well as in Revelation where the angel says the beast will make war with those who "keep the Commandments" But don't get sidetracked yet ok. So far it should be clear that this Pre-Tribulation Rapture is not according to the Word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 03:37 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,489,168 times
Well... where are all the pre-tribulation rapture people who would like to share with me the Word of God?

I'll be back tommorow, Yahua willing, and will see what you've come up with.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:05 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,242,196 times
<Yawn> none of this proves anything about a pre, mid or post rapture. Maybe there's not one at all!! We're all doomed I tell ya, doomed!!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:44 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,125,653 times
The rapture occurs before the tribulation period; the Holy Ghost will take His flight back to heaven along with Jesus' Bride. The foolish virgins will be left behind to endure the seven-year tribulation period, which is Israel's 70th week of punishment. It's going to be rough for those left behind.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:52 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,322,537 times
Ilene, I know I tried to bring this to your attention inanother life, but now that it seems you are a little more opened, you might take it into consideration now. You and I are former fundamentalists (you are still a Christian and I am not) so like me, I know you can confirm these beliefs, but did you know where and why they started. Take a read. Very informative:

Christians and Zion: British stirrings

You will see how some folks here espouse these ideas but seem to be completely oblivious to their origins.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:59 PM

488 posts, read 796,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I wish it were true, I'm quite ready for all this nonsense to be over. But we've got a long way to go and we will all die off before Jesus returns.
your wish will then come true.. sooner than you think...

This nonsense (I mean this doomed world) is going to be over soon.

And no, we've only got a short way to go! If you really believe that we will all die off before Jesus returns, you reject the fact that we are the generation of the fig tree - 1948. If you only know this information.. no more than that.. if that's all what one knows, that's enough to come to the conclusion that we will all witness the Return of Jesus. He keeps his promise...

Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM

6,079 posts, read 8,881,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
your wish will then come true.. sooner than you think...

This nonsense (I mean this doomed world) is going to be over soon.

And no, we've only got a short way to go! If you really believe that we will all die off before Jesus returns, you reject the fact that we are the generation of the fig tree - 1948. If you only know this information.. no more than that.. if that's all what one knows, that's enough to come to the conclusion that we will all witness the Return of Jesus. He keeps his promise...
Moderator cut: personal. If there's one thing we're suppose to do as Christians, it's wait for his return. It doesn't matter when he returns. We are suppose to watch and wait and live like he would. We are never suppose to lose faith in his promise.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-08-2011 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: talking about another poster is off topic

Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,242,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Ilene, I know I tried to bring this to your attention inanother life, but now that it seems you are a little more opened, you might take it into consideration now. You and I are former fundamentalists (you are still a Christian and I am not) so like me, I know you can confirm these beliefs, but did you know where and why they started. Take a read. Very informative:

Christians and Zion: British stirrings

You will see how some folks here espouse these ideas but seem to be completely oblivious to their origins.
Thanks Insane, I read part of it but I'm already aware of where some of these beliefs have originated. Especially the Rapture belief, which is after all, what this thread is about. But I don't necessarily believe that they are wrong, just misguided in their timelines. I understand where they are coming from, as they believe it is their duty to warn about impending doom. None of us have a clue as to what God's idea of a "generation" is, and it very well could be that they have it right but I don't "feel" it, I don't feel this urgency that they think they are feeling.

But I admit that I could be wrong.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 PM

910 posts, read 969,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The rapture occurs before the tribulation period; the Holy Ghost will take His flight back to heaven along with Jesus' Bride. The foolish virgins will be left behind to endure the seven-year tribulation period, which is Israel's 70th week of punishment. It's going to be rough for those left behind.
I'd like some of that Koolaid!

Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 AM

910 posts, read 969,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
This is definitely open for debate! After years of studying the Word of Yahua I have very easily concluded that the church will be here during the Great Tribulation because of the many scriptures that say so.

Open for debate in love!

According to the Word of Yahua:

21 For there will be greater anguish than at any time since the world began. And it will never be so great again. 22 In fact, unless that time of calamity is shortened, not a single person will survive. But it will be shortened for the sake of God’s chosen ones.
23 “Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones. 25 See, I have warned you about this ahead of time.

*There are three key points in this scripture

-Obviously Yahushua is speaking of the Great Tribulation (a time worse than ever before or ever will be - the Great Tribulation)

-If possible even the very "elect" would be decieved. If the "elect" are here, so is the entire church.

-In order for the very "elect" to be decieved it's going to have to look like exactly like God. This means wolves in sheeps clothing. Think about that. If possible the very elect would be decieved.

... 31 And he will send out his angels with the mighty blast of a trumpet, and they will gather his chosen ones from all over the world—from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven.

*Notice the rapture happens immediately "after" those days. Also notice the "trumpet". We will discuss this trumpet in more detail (the sound of the "last" trumpet)

Daniel 12 (The Time of the End)

11 “From the time the daily sacrifice is stopped and the sacrilegious object that causes desecration is set up to be worshiped, there will be 1,290 days. 12 And blessed are those who wait and remain until the end of the 1,335 days!
13 “As for you, go your way until the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days, you will rise again to receive the inheritance set aside for you.”

*Notice the angel tells Daniel that he will not rise again untill the end of those days. Also notice what marks the beginning of those days.

15 “The day is coming when you will see what Daniel the prophet spoke about—the sacrilegious object that causes desecration standing in the Holy Place.” (Reader, pay attention!) 16 “Then those in Judea must flee to the hills. 17 A person out on the deck of a roof must not go down into the house to pack. 18 A person out in the field must not return even to get a coat. 19 How terrible it will be for pregnant women and for nursing mothers in those days. 20 And pray that your flight will not be in winter or on the Sabbath.

*A couple of points here.

-Yahushua marks just as the angel does, the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

-He makes clear reference to "The Sabbath Day". We will discuss that in detail later on as well when speaking of the changes that the beast tries to make in changing times and laws in Daniel, as well as in Revelation where the angel says the beast will make war with those who "keep the Commandments" But don't get sidetracked yet ok. So far it should be clear that this Pre-Tribulation Rapture is not according to the Word of God.
Rapture = False doctrine

There is nowhere in scripture that Christ insinuated that we will rapture. The man talked about the coming Kingdom of God. The tribulation will occur and matter of fact is occurring already. All the signs he gave are already visible and last time I checked no one was raptured to the sky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity