Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:47 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Where's the scripture PROVING that we must accept Jesus Christ in this life to be saved?

Matthew 25 .... Luke 16:21-23

But that's no longer YOUR scripture.

You no longer listen.
1 John 4:6
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us.

These scripture still do not "prove" that we must accept Jesus in this life to be saved. There are no scriptures that say that so your attempts are futile. All scriptures are MY scriptures, you don't have a corner on the market of scriptures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 05:04 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
These scripture still do not "prove" that we must accept Jesus in this life to be saved.
Are you asking because you do not believe people need to accept Christ into their lives aka be born again?

Old 02-11-2011, 07:00 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Having a natural knowledge of God doesn't save.
Even if it is not denied?

Quote:
The universe declares
The universe?

Quote:
People like that who have that "inner feelings" deny God's power. Sorry atheists and evolutionists ... you have no excuse.
So someone who has been raised in a home whos parents have done nothing but abuse them and teach them wicked ways is still damned if they listen to an inner voice that helps them through that, helps them to still love?

Quote:

Because not all "inner sense feelings" are from God. Most are deluisions and lies that have gone out from Satan. He masquerades as light and there is no way of verifying the truthfulness based "inner feelings". Even Jesus refuted Satan by quoting the written word, "It is written......"
At this point, my thread was about people who have never been exposed to this written word in any capacity. Others may want to go off topic, but my OP is all that I am basically addressing.

Quote:

I wasn't speaking to the person per se, but to the apologists who are offering a means of salvation to avoid accountability of unbelief that Jesus does not.

Oh, so your really not addressing the context of my OP. That is fine, at least tell me rather than using it as a platform for who you wish to preach at while pretending to be having a discussion with what I wish to address, thanks.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Are you asking because you do not believe people need to accept Christ into their lives aka be born again?

Actually these questions get asked because as we hear these messages of "no excuses" while listening to the sermons depicting all sorts of things that one must do to be saved, while realizing we have met people who exhibit all the traits of the Jesus we were taught about in religion, yet these people we meet really do not meet the religious mould, because they have not recited or practiced the correct mantras and rituals.

It appears as if one must be saved through the images of religion, rather than the spirit which will not necessarily look like you or any other doctrine wielding soul.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
It appears as if one must be saved through the images of religion, rather than the spirit which will not necessarily look like you or any other doctrine wielding soul.
Images of religion? It may appear that way to you, but not to me. Christ is the only way my friend.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:02 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Someone who has never heard.

Has been luckier than I have been.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Images of religion? It may appear that way to you, but not to me. Christ is the only way my friend.

The thread has nothing to do with Christ NOT being the only way, it may appear that way to you though.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Someone who has never heard.

Has been luckier than I have been.

I certainly have wondered about that myself.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The thread has nothing to do with Christ NOT being the only way, it may appear that way to you though.
Didn't you just finish saying this "It appears as if one must be saved through the images of religion, rather than the spirit.........". Yes, you did, so perhaps now you understand my reply. No games please

I am just saying there are no alternate ways, and there are no excuses. You can put God on trial and question his fairness, but it won't change the rules.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Didn't you just finish saying this "It appears as if one must be saved through the images of religion, rather than the spirit.........". Yes, you did, so perhaps now you understand my reply. No games please

I am just saying there are no alternate ways, and there are no excuses. You can put God on trial and question his fairness, but it won't change the rules.

Of course, and I meant what I said. If you cannot acknowledge the difference between the spirit and religious rituals, then perhaps you really don't have an answer for the OP after all.

No games? Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by june 7th; 02-11-2011 at 10:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity