Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:19 PM

829 posts, read 2,955,199 times

Advertisements

I dont know if im venting or what, but i got a txt from my wife saying she was going away and would see me in a wk or so...come to find out she has checked herself into the er for her mental issues. I have posted about this in the past. I have posted about her issues before. I guess today going to work she decided it was best to check herself in. I will give you an example of what started it...last night while lying in bed she thought i put the covers over her face on purpose so she smacked me in the back...i got upset and went in the next room, she through one of her fits screaming, banging on the wall, and i heard her mumble she hated me and that i ruined her life...and it kinda went from there. None the less I am feeling overwhelmed, all i want to do is be the perfect husband for her, and it is never good enough. Being a Christian I dont believe in divorce, but I am just feeling down. When things are good, things are good, but it can be an every other day ordeal. What really hurts is that when she called me to let me know she insinuated things were my fault. It always seems to be my fault no matter what. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 07:23 PM

34 posts, read 62,825 times
Take care, man. It' obvious she has some mental issues going on. Depression, anger, etc. Talk to a close friend or church member. Don't keep this all inside.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,546 times
pal,my heart is with you and i hope she is alright,but more importantly or equally importantly i hope you are alright,i have my tiffs and fight's with my missus,but not like what you've described,not every second day and she realises when she's in the wrong,i dont know if i can help you,but i respect your honesty comin here and sharing that,i think the best thing would be to find some real help and get talking about this,you obviously love your wife and have been stickin bye her through the thick and thin,but your mention of divorce means thats it on your mind,however if you really love her that much,you probly will stick bye her but maybe you need to take some time for yourself too,it might only be a temporary thing,i dont know,,,my only advice is to keep seeking help,you need to talk about what your feelin.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Celtic, maybe after last nights episode she realized how badly she needs help.

You say when things are good they are good..That makes me believe that she loves you and by checking into the hospital may just be because she not only wants help for herself, but she loves you and wants the marriage to last.

I am praying this will be a turning point for her..and for both of you.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:31 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
How old is your wife? It may be part of the explanation.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 PM

Thank you everyone.

She is 35...she has been in counseling...She is on lots of meds and they are trying to work with all of them to see if that could be part of the problem. Thanks again.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,922 times
has she ever had her hormone levels checked? I don't say that lightly...she could be going thru an early meno.It can make little things seem monumenatal.I'll keep you both in prayer.God bless.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:59 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
Thank you everyone.

She is 35...she has been in counseling...She is on lots of meds and they are trying to work with all of them to see if that could be part of the problem. Thanks again.
I suspected she might be about that age.

For a great number of women, the late 20's to mid-30's is the time of what we call their "midlife crisis" and it can be a dreadful time, especially for the husband.

It is commonly during that age frame when women look back on their lives, look forward from where they are, and decide whether or not that's what they want for the rest of their lives. The result is usually confusion, anger, accusations and depression, driven by an unwillingness to decide to toss away what's come before for the hope of something better and more fulfilling in the future. Unlike we men, whose middle of life crisis is generally about sex, theirs is about emotional fulfillment which takes the form of searching to see if more is out there. Very often, the most visible effect of what's going on inside her is blaming you for everything.

For the husband, it's pretty much a case of hanging on for the ride because it's been my experience that there is literally nothing you can do to help her decide. In fact, the more you try, the worse she gets. I went through that in my own life and I've watched umpteen dozens of other men traverse that dark road too.

Be patient, brother, and be there for her when she needs you. That's all you can do. Ultimately, she'll make up her mind to stay on her own and things will get better, or she won't and that's that. If you fight her choice, you'll only drive yourself over the edge.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:35 PM

Believe it or not her hormone level was normal...She is on a ton of medical meds, and they are trying to move some stuff around to see if that could be it.

Thank you everyone.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:37 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
I dont know if im venting or what, but i got a txt from my wife saying she was going away and would see me in a wk or so...come to find out she has checked herself into the er for her mental issues. I have posted about this in the past. I have posted about her issues before. I guess today going to work she decided it was best to check herself in. I will give you an example of what started it...last night while lying in bed she thought i put the covers over her face on purpose so she smacked me in the back...i got upset and went in the next room, she through one of her fits screaming, banging on the wall, and i heard her mumble she hated me and that i ruined her life...and it kinda went from there. None the less I am feeling overwhelmed, all i want to do is be the perfect husband for her, and it is never good enough. Being a Christian I dont believe in divorce, but I am just feeling down. When things are good, things are good, but it can be an every other day ordeal. What really hurts is that when she called me to let me know she insinuated things were my fault. It always seems to be my fault no matter what. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I'm so sorry Celtic...this is very sad...I will say a special prayer for you and your wife tonight......I hope they find what is wrong and are able to help her...and you continue to talk about it...don't keep it to yourself...we're all here for you...

God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity