Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:56 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,272,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did you know that the rock that followed the children of Israel around in the wilderness, that the Hebrews witer said "that rock was Christ"

and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.1 Cor 10:4

Guess where Christ is now, and i will give you one guess where i am drinking from.
So PCAMPS, I'd still like to hear you address FINN'S posts. I believe he asked you 3-4 times what things do you know about God, salvation, and christian living that are not written in the Bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 01:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
So PCAMPS, I'd still like to hear you address FINN'S posts. I believe he asked you 3-4 times what things do you know about God, salvation, and christian living that are not written in the Bible?
Finn Jarber is on my ignore list.Why are you trying to suggest that i have said the scriptures are not inspired ?.

Can you address this post of mine please ?

Quote:
Did you know that the rock that followed the children of Israel around in the wilderness, that the Hebrews witer said "that rock was Christ"

and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.1 Cor 10:4

Guess where Christ is now, and i will give you one guess where i am drinking from.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:23 PM

912 posts, read 827,134 times
If the Bible , was a book directing people towards individual self gain ...for the reader only...
The message would contradict the nature of love.
Man, enjoys loving...it is within him, the fruits of which are un-avoidable sharing or communicating affection. Its how man works...constructively in his conscious spirit.
If this was not so...the survival of the human race would be hard pressed in continuing with
no real deep purpose ....matching human need in fulfillment
As well...it is not physically healthy to ...decieve as well envy as it is life absorbing and conflicts peace of mind.
Therefore with above, its very difficult to avoid recognizing that a Creator God, along with Christian living is definitely built in , the composition of the nature of life in man.
Death is natural to life. Peace in death would "be"through a caring sincere life. I don't believe man was without a soul before the Bible. Therefore, my point is in the... Bible within ourselves.

In evidence , we have many different spiritual beliefs among man...all highlighting for the most part virtue , the soul, and a self realization in salvation
...in answer to question by katiemygirl

Last edited by Blue Hue; 02-13-2011 at 01:35 PM..

Old 02-13-2011, 01:38 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
No Mike that is not what i am saying , i am saying where does it say that "All we need to know is in the bible"? and where does it say "God gave us the bible"?. God gave us his Son, huge difference.

You ask again questions which have already been answered. You have twice asked where does it say that God gave us the Bible?

And I have shown you where it says it.

''The Bible most certainly does say that the Bible is of divine origin. I already listed 2 Tim 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20.''

And I also answered your question 'where does it say that "All we need to know is in the bible"?'

Simply go back and read it and make an effort to understand the answer. I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
This is an excellent point! I also would like to know the things that some folks know about God and salvation that are not written in the Bible.
It is telling that no one has been able to answer it. I asked three different writers, but no answers.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is telling that no one has been able to answer it. I asked three different writers, but no answers.
If the Bible , was a book directing people towards individual self gain ...for the reader only...
Man, enjoys loving...it is within him, the fruits of which are un-avoidable sharing or communicating affection. Its how man works...constructively in his conscious spirit.
If this was not so...the survival of the human race would be hard pressed in continuing with
As well...it is not physically healthy to ...decieve as well envy as it is life absorbing and conflicts peace of mind.
Therefore with above, its very difficult to avoid recognizing that a Creator God, along with Christian living is definitely built in , the composition of the nature of life in man.
Death is natural to life. Peace in death would "be"through a caring sincere life. I don't believe man was without a soul before the Bible. Therefore, my point is in the... Bible within ourselves.

In evidence , we have many different spiritual beliefs among man...all highlighting for the most part virtue , the soul, and a self realization in salvation

Old 02-13-2011, 01:55 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You ask again questions which have already been answered. You have twice asked where does it say that God gave us the Bible?

And I have shown you where it says it.

''The Bible most certainly does say that the Bible is of divine origin. I already listed 2 Tim 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20.''

And I also answered your question 'where does it say that "All we need to know is in the bible"?'

Simply go back and read it and make an effort to understand the answer. I'm not going to keep repeating myself.
Sorry you still have not answered the question , where does it say that God gave us the bible ?When infact the scriptures tell us He gave us His Son,He gave us Christ in us (and out of Christ in us flows the supply that we and others drink from) all you keep answering is, what the origin of the scriptures are, i keep telling you i am not disputing the origin, i believe the scriptures are inspired, you know very well what i am getting at, i know how you believe the bible was put together, but unfortunate for you, in accordance with the theme of this thread, you do not have a "it's written", to back up your claim, all you have is a historical account of it, not mentioned in the scriptures.

Last edited by pcamps; 02-13-2011 at 02:08 PM..

Old 02-13-2011, 01:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post

Well, do you know something about God which is not written in the Bible? We have the Spirit which helps us, but it will never tell us something which would contradict the Bible. Same with the "law written in out hearts". Some seem to think it is different message from the Bible, or an addition, but it is the same message.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, do you know something about God which is not written in the Bible? We have the Spirit which helps us, but it will never tell us something which would contradict the Bible. Same with the "law written in out hearts". Some seem to think it is different message from the Bible, or an addition, but it is the same message.
If I cannot know something which is not written in the Bible, then I.....
cannot , wonder ..about God.
To wonder about God is in effort to realize God....I would think.
And with regards to...Some seem think the message written in the heart being different than the message in the Bible, to be the same message...
that was basically the thought I had in mind...the message in both I think are compatible if thats the right word....probably not .................

Old 02-13-2011, 02:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
... what things do you know about God, salvation, and christian living that are not written in the Bible?
Is there an inspired table of content (not the index in the front of your bible) that one must follow, while reading the Scriptures?
If so, why do Bible-based Christian Churches disagree with each other?

"What appears to be missing is the Spiritual application, or insight that comes from the Spirit itself; not from a literal understanding."

You may have a text book, but without the lecture given by the professor (Holy Spirit), you will probably fail the test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity