Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
However I don't understand how you project what we, God's creatures are commanded to do onto God Himself, as if because we are commanded to do something then God also is requires to do the same.
Do you understand the meaning of corruption? Is not corruption in power when those in power say: "DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO?" God is not corrupt. All of the attributes Jesus says we are to have come from the Father. Jesus said, "If you have seen me - you have seen the Father". We are born corrupt in our human nature (by nature children of wrath) at enmity with God. God's offspring are to overcome corruption. These principles are not hard to understand. Do you know anyone who loves a brutal dictator who is unfair and shows favoritism? Look how much the people around the world are rising up against dictators screaming ENOUGH! They want LIBERTY or DEATH. Is God looking to be kind ONLY to those who "flatter" him (as if he has a human ego)? Is God the Father like Hosni Mubarak or all the other corrupt dictators throughout the globe who just throws people in prison and allows them to be tortured because they dared to ask for what is right? We need to truly think about these things and the ramifications of what we believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 12:10 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Do you understand the meaning of corruption? Is not corruption in power when those in power say: "DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO?" God is not corrupt. All of the attributes Jesus says we are to have come from the Father. Jesus said, "If you have seen me - you have seen the Father". We are born corrupt in our human nature (by nature children of wrath) at enmity with God. God's offspring are to overcome corruption. These principles are not hard to understand. Do you know anyone who loves a brutal dictator who is unfair and shows favoritism? Look how much the people around the world are rising up against dictators screaming ENOUGH! They want LIBERTY or DEATH. Is God looking to be kind ONLY to those who "flatter" him (as if he has a human ego)? Is God the Father like Hosni Mubarak or all the other corrupt dictators throughout the globe who just throws people in prison and allows them to be tortured because they dared to ask for what is right? We need to truly think about these things and the ramifications of what we believe.
Sound advice, Heartsong!

Old 02-17-2011, 12:43 AM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." John 11:25

Who is the I am in “I am the resurrection ...."

A: Jesus (" before Abraham was ..I am " John 8:58

Notice the order of sequence Jesus says this:
  • He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
  • and whoever lives and believes in me will never die"
Jesus is very clear about what comes first:
  • belief in Jesus before death (1. lives and 2. believes will never die... )
Contrary to wanton belief..Jesus doesn't say:
  • All eventually will come to believe in me, even though he dies;
  • All will come to believe in me and will live, even though he dies rejecting me;
  • All paths will come to me and will find life
And the second contrary to wanton belief..Jesus doesn't say:
  • and whoever dies will then be given the opportunity to believe in me will never die
  • and whoever lives and not believes in me will never die, because it's not fair.
God's will for time of salvation is for those who
1. Lives (living)
2. and then believes
Jesus knows what happens to the unbeliever after death.
John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.”

Why are so many peopole preoccupied with who is going to be "saved". Why not just be the best person you can be and let God take care of the rest?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Why are so many peopole preoccupied with who is going to be "saved". Why not just be the best person you can be and let God take care of the rest?
Because they really do not believe the God of the biblle is able,and they don't understand love .

Old 02-17-2011, 05:36 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Because they really do not believe the God of the biblle is able,and they don't understand love .
Sarcasm.....

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 02-17-2011 at 05:45 AM..

Old 02-17-2011, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Funny thing though, lucknow, there are a lot of people who would also say the BIBLE is their truth with whom you would likely disagree on many points. Which is why it is kind of a moot point when people say, "you need to join a 'BIBLE-believing' church". My town is covered with 'BIBLE-believing churches and they don't agree on a lot of things (but most of them agree on eternal torment for the lost). They can only find agreement at the lowest common denominator. But that one point is the thing that keeps me from joining any of them because I find it to be a VERY IMPORTANT doctrine -- the very character of God hinges on it.
Very good point and post Heartsong.The fact they they agree on the lowest common denominator speaks volumes. Love being the greatest common denominator is alien to them and offensive, and in their world is behind, wrath,justice and judgement and all the other beliefs they major on.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Very good point and post Heartsong.The fact they they agree on the lowest common denominator speaks volumes. Love being the greatest common denominator is alien to them and offensive, and in their world is behind, wrath,justice and judgement and all the other beliefs they major on.
Sarcasm: “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt.” ....
And also.....
Sarcasm has been suggested as a possible bullying action in some circumstances. In sarcasm, ridicule or mockery is used harshly, often crudely and contemptuously, for destructive purposes.

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 02-17-2011 at 05:56 AM..

Old 02-17-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Sarcasm: “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt.” ....
And also.....
Sarcasm has been suggested as a possible bullying action in some circumstances. In sarcasm, ridicule or mockery is used harshly, often crudely and contemptuously, for destructive purposes.
It's the truth as i see it, you all major on wrath,justice, judgement and all the other dogmatic doctrines,then throw in a little love(conditional) in there for good measure, it's one thing to believe in all the christian dogmatism, it's entirely different when you major in it., so i aint being sarcastic whatsoever .I suppose when you call those who disagree with your doctrines false prophets has not being sarcastic, and where do i start with what you believe about those who believe in UR ?.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Sarcasm.....
It is strange that so many are so interested in examining everyone else's faith, but never their own The Bible instructs to examine your own faith, not your neighbors faith.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is strange that so many are so interested in examining everyone else's faith, but never their own The Bible instructs to examine your own faith, not your neighbors faith.
Yep.... !!
It's also called the lack of the Holy Spirit in the life...... you'll know them by their fruit..... The fruit of the Spirit is LOVE, PEACE, FORBEARANCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS and SELF-CONTROL.

And those kind of post LACK without exaggeration every ounce of the fruit of God's Spirit !!

We can see and read that the acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

So what does that tell one about those when one reads such post on a continuous basis with so much of the flesh in it, one truly questions very much where is God in that life...... ones good option is to pray for that soul !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity