Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:39 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times

Advertisements

You can believe in whatever theory you like but you must still go out and make disciples. What if your theory is wrong? Would you condem a person to one second in torment? Remeber to the Lord a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day. What if the theory of UR were true? "Hell is not forever". Would you condem someone you claim to love to one second in Hell? How long can a second seem?....one one thousand.... 14 letters long. What can you do in one second? Slow a video recorder to stretch a second as long as you can. A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day. How long does it take you to sin? Add up all your sins, justice would be equal punishment, equal torment, eqaul torture. How would you like to relive all your sins as the victim? One second in Hell is to much when you could avoid such punishment with the blood of Christ.

Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 07:10 PM

104 posts, read 208,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You can believe in whatever theory you like but you must still go out and make disciples. What if your theory is wrong? Would you condem a person to one second in torment? Remeber to the Lord a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day. What if the theory of UR were true? "Hell is not forever". Would you condem someone you claim to love to one second in Hell? How long can a second seem?....one one thousand.... 14 letters long. What can you do in one second? Slow a video recorder to stretch a second as long as you can. A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day. How long does it take you to sin? Add up all your sins, justice would be equal punishment, equal torment, eqaul torture. How would you like to relive all your sins as the victim? One second in Hell is to much when you could avoid such punishment with the blood of Christ.

Think about it.

Exactly, they call it Purgatory - USCCB - Catechism of the Catholic Church

Old 02-16-2011, 07:18 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
You can believe in whatever theory you like but you must still go out and make disciples.

Let us put this in a proper context. Since your posting here I am making an assumption that your words are to many of those who disagree with your beliefs.

Of those people who disagree with you, can you say that any of them are not our sharing thier beliefs, wanting to influence someone to something that has made them better.

In context with UR the vast majority promote their belief in Jesus Christ and share it with others.

Perhaps I have not read every single post, for sure, but I do not recall ever reading anything with anyone suggesting that we are not to become better and share with the world our faith in Jesus.

On a personal note, what I get tired of is the appearance of a blatent disrespect and disregaurd of what others have told you about their beliefs in Jesus as if you do not even care to listen. To me when you are all about Gods judgment on us for not having the truth, perhaps you should hold up a mirror to look at instead of a magnifying glass.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:53 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:

Think about it.
No, we are commanded to condemn no one, just as Jesus condemned no one.

Blessings,
brian

Old 02-16-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Let us put this in a proper context. Since your posting here I am making an assumption that your words are to many of those who disagree with your beliefs.

Of those people who disagree with you, can you say that any of them are not our sharing thier beliefs, wanting to influence someone to something that has made them better.

In context with UR the vast majority promote their belief in Jesus Christ and share it with others.

Perhaps I have not read every single post, for sure, but I do not recall ever reading anything with anyone suggesting that we are not to become better and share with the world our faith in Jesus.

On a personal note, what I get tired of is the appearance of a blatent disrespect and disregaurd of what others have told you about their beliefs in Jesus as if you do not even care to listen. To me when you are all about Gods judgment on us for not having the truth, perhaps you should hold up a mirror to look at instead of a magnifying glass.
No you are wrong in your assumption, I dont care if someone disagrees with me, I am merely a man. I never said anyone wasnt sharing their beliefs but what I implied is that theories tend to blind many into forgetting our common mission, Make Disciples.

LOL I have judged no one yet you attack that which you do not understand, I look in the mirror everyday and I know just how evil I am and I take my faults to Christ and He covers them in His righteousness and says, Go and sin no more.

This is not an attack on UR or any other belief, this is a reminder and a warning.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
No, we are commanded to condemn no one, just as Jesus condemned no one.

Blessings,
brian
Then why do many believers condemn non believers by telling them they will be just fine because they have a good heart or they mean well. That is a lie and blasphemy.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Why Teach Salvation For All?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
but what I implied is that theories tend to blind many into forgetting our common mission, Make Disciples.

That statement is why I am not wrong in what I said.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That statement is why I am not wrong in what I said.
You are wrong because you accused me of judging others which I have not done.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
You are wrong because you accused me of judging others which I have not done.

I didn't accuse you, your own words told me what you believe about others who believe differently than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity