Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yes or No
Yes 4 13.33%
No 26 86.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 06:43 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times

Advertisements

Do you think the Second Coming of Jesus Christ is the next decade?

If it is are you ready to meet Him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 07:38 PM

104 posts, read 207,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Bible says no one knows when it will be.
Glad someone is staying awake - USCCB - NAB - Matthew 24

Old 02-16-2011, 09:08 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
well, Jesus did say that the generation that saw the rebirth of Israel would be the last one before tribulation.Sorry,I can't change the bible.(pls,no debates,thx ) Just stating the obvious.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
well, Jesus did say that the generation that saw the rebirth of Israel would be the last one before tribulation.Sorry,I can't change the bible.(pls,no debates,thx ) Just stating the obvious.
When you find that scripture, clear cut and dry, please show it to me. Thanks.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:39 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
According to the prophecies of Malachy, a 12 century prophet of the Lord who prophesied on all the Popes to the last Pope , who will be the next Pope who will be called Pope Peter the Roman Pope , then the prophecies said that Pope Peter will not live out a long life as the dreadful judge , the Antichrist, will judge the world ....... So If Pope Benedict XV1 is in his ninety year old years than the next and last Pope will be not that far off........ and it Antichrist comes a judges the world then Jesus Church will be in jeopardy, and Jesus will have to come back as the scriptures of Matthew 24; 32-33 from the parable of the summer of the fig leaves of sin has grown beyond the bounds ........ So people who have ought with the church can only see that the Pope is Antichrist , but that is their deception , see the Pope is NOT the Antichrist but the last Pope will be judged by this Antichrist who comes from with in the spirit and will infect all who are deceived to believe its deception.......... See the Catholic Church is absorbed as one than all bible believing Church Christians will also be absorbed as one remnant church in those days ......

Old 02-18-2011, 12:52 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
According to the prophecies of Malachy, a 12 century prophet of the Lord who prophesied on all the Popes to the last Pope , who will be the next Pope who will be called Pope Peter the Roman Pope , then the prophecies said that Pope Peter will not live out a long life as the dreadful judge , the Antichrist, will judge the world ....... So If Pope Benedict XV1 is in his ninety year old years than the next and last Pope will be not that far off........ and it Antichrist comes a judges the world then Jesus Church will be in jeopardy, and Jesus will have to come back as the scriptures of Matthew 24; 32-33 from the parable of the summer of the fig leaves of sin has grown beyond the bounds ........ So people who have ought with the church can only see that the Pope is Antichrist , but that is their deception , see the Pope is NOT the Antichrist but the last Pope will be judged by this Antichrist who comes from with in the spirit and will infect all who are deceived to believe its deception.......... See the Catholic Church is absorbed as one than all bible believing Church Christians will also be absorbed as one remnant church in those days ......
I think the evil pope has arrived. I know the prophecy of Malachy you speak of, but it is unclear if he prophecied about 111 or 112 popes... there may or may not be one more pope before the second coming of Jesus but the current pope is evil and has spoken vocally out recently against Israel to the UN. - We are in the last days - no doubt about it..

Vatican meeting demands Israel end occupation
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101023/ap_on_re_eu/eu_vatican_mideast
http://wwrn.org/articles/34349/

Old 02-18-2011, 01:19 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
I do not think about such things, It is not scriptural to dwell on this.
I just try to be the best person, the best Christian, that I can be.
All of this focus on eschatology is silly and non-productive. A selfish waste of the time allotted to you here on Earth.
It keeps people from helping others and carrying out God's commandments to love one an other.
As my denomination (ELCA) says "Our hands, Gods work."
I am not obsessed with looking for signs of the Second Coming or "the Rapture." I believe in the first, but it is not my concern. I do not believe in the second it is a fallacy IMO and in that of most mainstream Christian churches and scholars.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:24 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
The poll results are amusing. Can't even get 3 Christians to agree it will happen soon.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
Default Is 'when' really the issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
"is in the next decade." sorry for the typo. I just want to have an idea where people stand on this. Why or why not?
Every generation since Christ has believed that theirs was the 'final generation' and, in a sense, they were all correct! Each individual faces their own end time and whether by death or rapture, the result is the same: Believers go immediately to meet the Lord.

On one hand, I believe the end time prophecies that must be fulfilled prior to the Rapture and Great Tribulation have been fulfilled and the Rapture and Great Tribulation could happen at any instant.

On the other, I don't believe that the real issue is "when" these events will occur, but rather, 'Are we (believers) responding to Christ's Great Comission now, while time remains, with a sense of urgency? If we know that the lost all around us are facing an imminent and horrific final 7-year Tribulation on earth ... and most likely the loss of their eternal souls ...What are we (believers) doing about it today?

I am sharing the Gospel of Christ and leading the lost to Christ ... as actively and dilligently as I know how. How about you?

Old 02-18-2011, 05:03 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,262,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
Could you please tell me where that scripture may be found?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity