U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 AM

6,387 posts, read 2,757,949 times

Advertisements

...that there are many people in the world who have been hurt, who haven't been shown love, who are alone, afraid, sad...

If we don't feel and know the Love of Christ in our hearts, what ever can we share with them??

Is preaching the gospel sufficient, if you don't have God's Love to give them??

Just a reflection; 'love to hear all your thoughts/reflections!..

Blessings to all who read this!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 06:11 AM

5,966 posts, read 2,958,169 times
Last Hour in Gethsemane

Could you keep watch with me one hour?”,
it’s written that the good Lord said
in that deep garden where the flower
dropped sleepy poppy seeds.. The bread

had made the Lord’s disciples full –
too full to suffer till the last,.
their eyelids heavy, felt the pull,
earth’s gravity was very vast.

Yet Jesus knew that all are weak,
but still, it broke his human heart
to be abandoned – sold for sleep
by those he’d chosen from the start.

The same is so for each of us
down in the valley of the skull
where every thought is ominous,
a cup of trembling – till a lull

shall lift us from the anguished floor
of threshing where the angels swarm
to separate the chaff before
the wheat is garnered from the storm.

Poems & Such by - Anne Bryant-Hamon

Old 02-17-2011, 09:28 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,448,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
...that there are many people in the world who have been hurt, who haven't been shown love, who are alone, afraid, sad...

If we don't feel and know the Love of Christ in our hearts, what ever can we share with them??

Just a reflection; 'love to hear all your thoughts/reflections!..

Blessings to all who read this!
brian

I mean no offense, but no human has the ability to show another human the true love of God.

Those who claim to have a true possession of Gods love are decieved that their brand of love has any resemblence to Gods love.

I know I do not, however I direct people to think about seeking out the greatness of the true God and I can only hope that one day we all will experience it.

I do not believe any human is actually capable of giving anyone else the true love of God, and despite that fact it is entirely possible to direct someones attention to hope for things greater than what we can imagine.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:53 AM

4,080 posts, read 2,237,643 times
Just my current thoughts and I hope this is on topic. I'm not totally sure if what I'm talking about is answering your op:

I believe we can definitely show other's reflections of God's love. It may not be the full magnitude of the magnificence of His love for us... but we can absolutely show others beautiful reflections of it. And it happens everyday all over. And these beautiful reflections of His love are happening in all parts of the world and many who are doing the reflecting don't even realize that, that is what they are doing.

God is love. God is the source of love.

Spreading the gospel, it seems to me is about getting out in the world and loving your neighbor. Reflecting His love, giving God a face to someone else. Using your heart, your arms and hands, your resources, whatever you have to put love into this world. Showing the world that LOVE is real. That it EXISTS. God IS Love.

We're here to learn.
When I see other people saying "Where was God..." I now start to ask myself.... "were was I???" "What could I have done...?" "What can I DO??"
We are all brothers and sisters in my eyes. When one hurts, it hurts us all.

The way I see it, some of the best reflectors of God's love may not even yet believe in God. But one day, the source of all the beautiful love in their heart will be traced to Him. Just like people trace their ancestries. All the love in our hearts will be traced back to the one who created us. And there will be joy unspeakable.

God works in mysterious and brilliant ways.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:05 PM

6,946 posts, read 7,262,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
You can't give what you don't have - you're exactly right. Everyone is of better use after they've been in the fire and the wine cellar of the Lord, than to jump out in carnal zeal.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Just my current thoughts and I hope this is on topic. I'm not totally sure if what I'm talking about is answering your op:

I believe we can definitely show other's reflections of God's love. It may not be the full magnitude of the magnificence of His love for us... but we can absolutely show others beautiful reflections of it. And it happens everyday all over. And these beautiful reflections of His love are happening in all parts of the world and many who are doing the reflecting don't even realize that, that is what they are doing.

God is love. God is the source of love.

Spreading the gospel, it seems to me is about getting out in the world and loving your neighbor. Reflecting His love, giving God a face to someone else. Using your heart, your arms and hands, your resources, whatever you have to put love into this world. Showing the world that LOVE is real. That it EXISTS. God IS Love.

We're here to learn.
When I see other people saying "Where was God..." I now start to ask myself.... "were was I???" "What could I have done...?" "What can I DO??"
We are all brothers and sisters in my eyes. When one hurts, it hurts us all.

The way I see it, some of the best reflectors of God's love may not even yet believe in God. But one day, the source of all the beautiful love in their heart will be traced to Him. Just like people trace their ancestries. All the love in our hearts will be traced back to the one who created us. And there will be joy unspeakable.

God works in mysterious and brilliant ways.
Absolutely, Sparrow. I appreciate how you've expressed this. I think of God's love as a mighty river of living water that just keeps flowing in and out --- it flows into our hearts and then we let it flow out to others, and then others pour the love they've received from God (the Source of love) back over us, and on and on it goes. We should make every effort to keep things from blocking the flow of Love. We sure ought not to build a damn or pollute the River of God's love with poisons like unforgiven, anger, wrath, fear, doubt, evil suspicions, jealousy, strife, etc.... God's water is PURE and CLEAN -- that is why it is called LIVING WATER.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 PM

104 posts, read 116,539 times
Amen and amen. God is love! - USCCB - NAB - 1 John 4

Old 02-17-2011, 08:36 PM

4,080 posts, read 2,237,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Absolutely, Sparrow. I appreciate how you've expressed this. I think of God's love as a mighty river of living water that just keeps flowing in and out --- it flows into our hearts and then we let it flow out to others, and then others pour the love they've received from God (the Source of love) back over us, and on and on it goes. We should make every effort to keep things from blocking the flow of Love. We sure ought not to build a damn or pollute the River of God's love with poisons like unforgiven, anger, wrath, fear, doubt, evil suspicions, jealousy, strife, etc.... God's water is PURE and CLEAN -- that is why it is called LIVING WATER.

Oh my... that was pure beauty.
I love your wonderful way with words.
What a gift.

Thank you, Heartsong.
I'm printing this and sticking it on my refrigerator.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 PM

7,455 posts, read 2,645,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong View Post
i think of god's love as a mighty river of living water that just keeps flowing in and out --- it flows into our hearts and then we let it flow out to others, and then others pour the love they've received from god (the source of love) back over us, and on and on it goes. We should make every effort to keep things from blocking the flow of love. We sure ought not to build a damn or pollute the river of god's love with poisons like unforgiven, anger, wrath, fear, doubt, evil suspicions, jealousy, strife, etc.... God's water is pure and clean -- that is why it is called living water.
I appreciate a good supply of "New" Wine, too.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I appreciate a good supply of "New" Wine, too.

Me too Jesus does turn that living water into wine now and again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity